Introduction

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Re: Introduction

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:04 pm

Hey MLC, you got some really caring and wonderful advice from Subblind and Eyedotz.

I will repeat what I said before just because it has really helped me, but I really think that volunteering has made a difference in my self-esteem. There is something about doing anything, no matter how small, for another struggling human (or animals and plants) that feels right and it takes me out of my own head enough to realize I am not the only one out there suffering, and that makes me realize I am not alone out there.

If you already do this type of stuff, forgive me. Also, if you just aren't interested. But I just wanted to bring it up because it helped me, but I also recognize sometimes we just need to focus on our own healing. I do hope that no matter what, you start to feel better about your life. I bet if you saw yourself with the same emapthetic mind frame you use to view others, you would see the beauty in yourself too.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Re: Introduction

Postby cheeps » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Shit! You are beating yourself up so badly! How to stop doing this?

You said you felt old....being in your thirties isn't old!

I think most of the problem is stemming from the possible PTSD you may have concerning the bad marriage. I gave you a website to explore because it has been very helpful to women in your situation. It's

www.saferelationshipsmagazine.com

There's a world of good stuff in the newsletter. Please sign up for it. You are a good person. The dope has altered your brain chemicals...now you need some help to get yourself back.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to General