Choices

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Choices

Postby Slaphappy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:13 am

At 47 years old I feel almost dead. I started sub so I could work w/o being sick. The side affects like pouring sweat and swelling hands were so overwhelming that I fucked up and hurt my back. Now I can't work! I try like hell but it's no use. I don't know why I blame the sub for all this but it is what it is. Fucking subutex. Now I have to quit this. I can't pay for it now. I have about 5 pills left and I'm following detox schedule from here. Just a bit about me. Didn't want to read all your stuff w/0 saying something. Hi y'all.
Slaphappy

Re: Choices

Postby Steph1850 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi Slaphappy,

Welcome to SS. How did you hurt your back from sub? The pouring sweat may be because you weren't in w/ds yet when you started the sub. The same thing happened to me and I sat in a very important meeting with executives with so much sweat, I looked like I had dunked my head under a sink.
Tapering since July 2015. Jumped on 9/21/16!
Steph1850

Postby Subblind » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Welcome slap,sorry your in this position right now...how far down did you taper and what were you at when you started? Keep talking to us and we will try and help you the best we can.
Subblind

Postby Slaphappy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:53 pm

I've been on opiates for over 15 years now. (Wow I just added the years dam) kicked a few times in there and went maybe 30 days clean in that time. So right now I'm taking 6-8 mgs a day gonna try 2 mg tomorrow and ride that to crumbs. I never thought about not being in bad WD before I started sub in 2013 and lost the dr over money but back then I was 5 days off 100 mgs methadone before taking 2mg sub and that worked great. Now this time on sub I get awful side effects like pouring sweat while I work manual labor and gnarly swelling hands. Plus my health is slipping. I never saw myself on disability but my back and not having insurance has got me this time. Hell maybe it ain't so much the sub as it is me. The sub aggravates my health problems so it wouldn't work even if the stuff worked. New dr next week. I don't know whether to tell him about the drugs or what. I have to pay cash for everything. I don't want to buy anymore pills off the street. I'm sick of giving a thousand times more than somethings worth. I don't want to finish my life with methadone. Oh hell no. I don't want to get hooked on benzos. I can not work with my back down. I don't have much money. I just don't want to live like this man. :suicide: (no not really) it's bad... thanks for reading
Slaphappy

Postby Subblind » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:41 pm

Dude that sounds fucking horrible...you got no way of getting another bunch of subs to make this taper a bit more bearable?the dose your at now is gonna cause you some pretty ugly detox...going from 6-8 to 2 to crumbs is way too fast.im sure your in a bad place place work wise but...if you could get another handful it may be a big fucking help... Sorry your in this position man...keep us posted and we ll keep on talking you through it.whatever that's worth to you...
Subblind

Postby Subblind » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Forgot to mention,my fucking knees are locked up from the bupe so I know what you mean by your hands fucking with you.this shit seems to attack joints and fuck them up,along with destroying teeth and turning your bowels into fucking concrete.shits just vial and I'm on it for pain issues and it ain't worth a shit for that so that why I'm getting off this crap.as far as telling your new dr...he may give you some gabapentine which I've heard on this forum helps sub withdrawal immensely.also flexeril which is a muscle relaxer,has been suggested for sleep and the RLS that comes along with sub detox.i feel for you bro,I worked my ass to death too and that's how all my troubles began so I know what it's like to do physical labor...I'm 51 and been at it since I'm 14-15 years old.this is our reward for working hard and supporting our families.disability is a fucking joke and can take 2-3 years to finally get...and when and if you do,your destined to live in absolute poverty...my older brother is on it and is fucked.sorry for the shit news but it's how this country treats their disabled...like shit...
Subblind

Postby Slaphappy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:19 pm

I know what I'm in for to an extent. I know the wds won't be as bad as the methadone or h but bad enough. We pay for that with crazy long drawn out paws. I can say now though that I don't want the shit nearly as I had before this. Just can't see it. The street value is enough to keep me away. I took 2 mgs today and I'll get another script tomorrow. Staying on 2 til I get comfortable. Can I mix with water to get below the 1mg dose with a dropper? My story matches some others here just too many just disappear. Guess that means fail. It's all I can do to get to the store. Drinking too much beer lol plenty of weed trying to find some neurontin . As long as I can eat and sleep I can do this. And my faith in Jesus Christ. I have faith in myself as well.
Slaphappy

Postby cheeps » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:48 pm

Hey snappy....

You can do a good taper now that you can get more. How much can you get?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:50 pm

If your getting more sub VIA a dr than you can do this like a half a gentleman.meaning it's still gonna be hard but not like cold turkey,which is how I thought it was gonna go down for you.the slower you do it the easier it's gonna be...so they say.let us know what you end up with and Cheeps will help you work it out...just don't tweek her off like that Steve roser guy and she'll help you out I'm sure. Good luck man
Subblind

Postby Subblind » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:19 pm

How ya doing partner?.?.?
Subblind

Postby Slaphappy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:12 am

Wow how time flies. I guess yall figured that I continued on the 8 ng a day. Stupid me. Okay so now I have 10 8mg pills left. I should watch what I say not wanting anyone to trigger on me. But I want to use these last 10 to do a quick taper... What if I skip like 2 days between lowering the dose>:L:>>:"?L?? So skip and then do half, 4 mg, skip a day and do like 3 or keep it on 4 until Im down to 2 mgs then keep that on for a few days then try to go below one mg. ? Sorry I didnt check back in as you were quick to offer help, You knew what was up right. At my age and health issues it will be twice as hard as some of these cats i see on youtube, they seem to be mostly all in their 20s and apparently in good health and they cry like fucking babies . Thanks to anyone who wants to offer some taper plan with what I have left. This one dude showed ALL THE MONEY he saved by quitting and thats was pretty cool anyway thanks again, lets see how I do this time.
Slaphappy

Return to General