Questions regarding KRatom during taper. 7 years on...

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Questions regarding KRatom during taper. 7 years on...

Postby Bsleezy32 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:00 pm

Hey everyone, Ive been lingering on this site like a creep for the past year. Ive been on Subs for 7 years now and I'm planning on quitting in 3 months when school is out. Im down to 4mg a day. I quit 6 months back but only lasted 30 days. I had jumped from 3mg and used SAO for the 1st 2 weeks to give myself some distance. My sister had a friend kick Methadone cold turkey using Kratom so I was thinking about alternating days between sub and kratom to try and put some sort of distance between dosing with the idea it'll help somehow in the end. I'm desperate and I'm willing to try anything. Thankfully :suicide2: the VA pays for my sub tx so I've never had to worry about the cost but I know see that the cost has nothing to do with $ and everything to do with your soul. I'm 32 and pretty healthy otherwise "if one can say that while on sub". The bottom line is I'm really freaking out knowing the end is near, by choice of course. They "the VA" can care less how long I'm on and have this idea that giving me Neurontin and Clonidine will solve all my problems when the time comes to jump. I've already put in my notice so I wont be working or anything during this time and I graduate from college the day before I jump. I know some people have continued working through detox but I could barely look anyone in the eye when I jumped last time. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm still getting used to accepting the only people who know how I feel are other sub users online. Thanks again everyone.
Bsleezy32

Re: Questions regarding KRatom during taper. 7 years on...

Postby cheeps » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:33 pm

Well...welcome...if you've read around you should see that the lower you can get...like down to .5, the better the physical shit seems to be. The mental happens before detox and after a few weeks. Jumping off more than .5 to .75 isn't the best thing to do....how low can you get before school lets out?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:43 pm

Shit...forgot to answer your question...the only deal with the K is that it can also carry withdrawal and basically stretch out the misery. Now, if you can control it and use for just a couple weeks, you might benefit instead of prolonging the agony.

Those two melds you got are highly effective and are to be treasured. Many peeps don't get those freely and would jump at the chance to get them.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Bsleezy32 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:48 am

Yeah I graduate March 30th. Thanks for replying. It's hard because I work in the medical field too and have job offers but I won't commit because I wanna get off this shit before starting a new job. So yeah I have like 3.5 months till D-day. Yeah and about the cost I really wish I did have to pay, might have have me incentive to jump sooner . Any tapering suggestions in that amount o time?

Thanks for relying, I've read a lot o what you've written
Bsleezy32

Postby CTCheryl » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:53 am

Hi there...good for you with graduating! 7 years on sub is a long time, I was on them for about the same. I think that plan of sparingly using Neurontin and Clonidine is a good one. Much better than the Kratom idea. Kratom has it's own problems with getting off. Getting off Methadone is a lot different that getting off sub. Read a few threads here regarding that jump. They are both brutal detoxes, but I think you can taper down very slowly and use the two meds to help with symptoms and if you can get something for sleep this is doable.

I am not a fan of Kratom because I got addicted to it and it was just so expensive! I used the same addictive behavior with it, how much do I have left, when can I get more, checking the tracking information, stressing over it constantly and using more and more even though I wasn't really getting high anymore. So, be careful with it if in fact you do make that decision. Do this however you can, getting off the sub is your highest priority, just make an informed decision not just based on someone else telling you how they did it. You know your body better than anyone and how you handle feeling like crap. If you know you'll exercise, walk whatever, than that's a plus, if you know you can deal with the stomach issues (I say it politely) than you can taper more....it's really different with just about everyone.

I hope you stick around.
CTCheryl

Postby Bsleezy32 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:36 pm

Thank you all for the advice. Yeah I rack my brain thinking I'll just get addicted to Kratom or Gabapentin or Xanax or any other comfort med I'll take then I realize how desperately I need to get off this shit. I'm glad to know people have gotten off because for a while there I was convinced I'd have two ways out 1) Dead of old age with subs in my system or 2)Switch to Methadone. Its funny you talk about Methadone withdrawal because I think I failed to mention I was on that for about a year before subs and should have just finished kicking but Jesus Christ that was rough as hell. Typical stereotype story. I took myself out to my friends cabin in the woods and just tried to lose my mind. After a few weeks I went to the VA looking like death hoping they admit me into the Psych ward. As fate would turn out they gave me Suboxone instead. It's funny how it never bothered me at first. I went to a commercial diving school and worked as a Saturation Diver in the gulf of Mexico for years. The VA would mail my subs to the dock and they'd fly them out on the monthly helicopter that brought new employees. It wasn't until I was done with that and moved back home to work in medicine that I started noticing the numbness the subs had created. I just didn't care anymore. Life, money, Death, family, girlfriends... all the same...they meant nothing to me. It's unfortunate that by that time I realized I was addicted or dependent "whichever way you look at it" I was fucked. I think working in medicine makes it work because I'm fully aware of the stigma people who face addiction encounter when looking for an out. I stand with the others in the ER laughing about peoples terrible withdrawals after giving them Narcan. All the while I want to tell them to just fucking go home and hide under the sheets and never turn back. But this is my life, for now anyway. I keep trying to stay positive about the new life I'm going to face.

I had trouble logging in the last few weeks but I'll keep in touch. I'm down to 2mg every other day. That's a drop from 8mg a day a month ago. I feel it but its true that less is more or maybe I'm just in withdrawal so the day I do take it I get a buzz which turns into guilt. Another positive is the Psychiatrist I'm seeing is totally behind my effort to quit. She has gotten a few people off and I feel comfortable talking about my deployment with her which is something I've never discussed with anyone except a few marines in my platoon. I was a Corpsmen and it's strange I still feel it's my job to check up on em every year or so like I'm still responsible for their life. She also warned me and said "one guy who got off started smoking weed" as if that was something I should be warned about. A weed habit would be a welcome alternative to Sub habit. She means well but all the degrees on her wall don't account for the knowledge you all people have. Thanks again for your support. Talk to you all soon.
Bsleezy32

Postby Bsleezy32 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:58 pm

Just a quick update. Im still taking 2mg every other day. I take KRatom on the off days and I doubt its really doing anything. The days I'm scheduled to take my dose I wake up in withdrawal so bad that taking .25 gives me a buzz and .5 will knock me out. It's kind of got me motivated to try 1.5 every other day. I think the every other day thing is the key even though its super hard to do. For 7 years every day Ive coasted through life not giving a fuck about anything so even 1 day is scary. Like I see a squirrel and shit myself I get so scared...LOL and this is coming from a guy whos been shot at and spent months submerged in saturation tank the size of a bathroom with 4 other dudes. It's like I have no reserve anymore...sucks. Happy NEw YEars!
Bsleezy32

Postby cheeps » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:11 pm

Bleeze...the site was having issues for a few weeks and we are finally back to normal....whatever that is...

Are you still getting a buzz on the days off? Try to get to .25 anyway you can....ride it for a month then go to a liquid taper method we have. I'll hook you up. You might be able to basically walk off...it's doable.

Happy new year to you too motherfucker! You sound like my kinda peeps. 8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Bsleezy32 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Thanks for advice Cheeps but unfortunately I think I dropped way too fast. I was getting insane amounts of anxiety so I went back up to 1.5mg a day. Ill stay here for a week or so and then try to drop again.
Bsleezy32

Postby cheeps » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:22 pm

Well...that's much more realistic...I didn't think dosing every other day would work...you are too far out for that. It's all good bleeze...just try to be consistent.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Bsleezy32 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:07 pm

Wanna hear a joke? Stop me if you've heard this one before.

Guy wants to quit subs so he decides to take Kratom instead. 2 months later he tries to stop the Kratom and realizes that whatever people may have told him, Kratom works like an opiate and stopping it is just as bad as Opiate withdrawal. So yeah, 2 months ago I quit taking my subs, waited a week "hell week" then switched to KRatom. Not a lot. Maybe like 15 grams a day. I thought I was the smartest person in the world. No more withdrawals and I was taking an herb no pharmaceticals. Well recently I tried to just quit taking the herb and broke out in a sweaty mess with full on withdrawals that same day.

Any suggestions? I think I know the answer but it always seems so much harder to accept when it comes from myself. This whole "take 1 drug to kick another" is so played out but I'll admit I thought I had beat the system. Anyways. That's all I got for today. Thanks to anyone who replies.
Bsleezy32

Postby syd » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:32 pm

Unfortunately you will have to taper the Kratom.

Are you using plain leaf or extracts?
syd

Postby Bsleezy32 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:02 pm

Plain leaf but I haven't taken any in 2 days now. I think I expected the withdrawal to be as bad as subs and fortunately I'm wrong so far. Just some anxiety. I'm gonna to try to keep powering through. I was never able to taper. I'm the worst type of addict, absolutely no self control.
Bsleezy32

Postby syd » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:44 pm

Nah. The W/D arent as bad. Be glad you never progressed to the extracts. The carry a nastier w/d than plain leaf.

That's awesome that you stopped 2 days ago. Just ride it out and you'll be ok.
syd

Postby Bsleezy32 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:32 am

7 days with no Kratom. Probably like 60 or so with no Subs. I finally fell asleep last night. 5 hours and it felt great. I'm done with the Kratom. Thanks for everyone's help throughout this. Ill try to keep updating every week or so. I'm not big on NA so this helps in some strange way. Thanks again guys.
Bsleezy32

Postby cheeps » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:33 pm

Good to hear from you sleez! Aftercare is important...come back often...especially if you feel like using. If the situation presents itself....slap yourself hard! Like really hard!

Think back to all this hell you've just been through. It's so easy to have an off day in your head because it's doing the brain chemistry scramble. Be vigilant and stop yourself cold if you feel the notion.

Come here and post or pm one of us.

Good going!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Bsleezy32 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:12 pm

thanks for the advice Cheeps. I'm almost 90days off subs. Its funny cause I do have off days and I'm still not used to it. For over 7 years every day was the same. So yeah its something I'm getting used to. At the end of every day though I ask myself "Is this day better now that I'm off subs?"...the answer is always yes regardless how shitty a day it might have been. Thanks everyone.
PS: I f there's some random person out there convinced they cant get off subs reading this.....your wrong. It's fucking hard as hell but nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
Bsleezy32

Postby ratch » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:56 am

So glad you are free of the chains. I have not had many accomplishments that I am proud of, But getting off sub is one of those rare things in my life that I give myself a little pat on the back...even 10 years later.
ratch
Administrator

Highscores: 1

Postby Bsleezy32 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:08 pm

Thanks ratch. Its strange because only a few people ever knew I took it and in turn only a few people understand what I went through other then ya'll on the site. Anyway a quick update. I graduated and have my licensing exam scheduled Friday. I'm not too worried. Now that I've gone through this everything else seems like 1st world problems. The only lingering side effect I've noticed is sleep problems. I get about 4 or 5 hours on a good night. I'm sure in time it'll return. Another side effect is looking at old photos of myself and not recognizing that guy with pinpoint pupils and bloated face. Whatever though, I'm making new pictures. Thanks everyone.
Bsleezy32

Postby cheeps » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:34 am

Bsleezy32 wrote:Thanks ratch. Its strange because only a few people ever knew I took it and in turn only a few people understand what I went through other then ya'll on the site. Anyway a quick update. I graduated and have my licensing exam scheduled Friday. I'm not too worried. Now that I've gone through this everything else seems like 1st world problems. The only lingering side effect I've noticed is sleep problems. I get about 4 or 5 hours on a good night. I'm sure in time it'll return. Another side effect is looking at old photos of myself and not recognizing that guy with pinpoint pupils and bloated face. Whatever though, I'm making new pictures. Thanks everyone.

Yes, the sleep is the lingering reminder and once you get some 8 hour zzz's, you'll probably have a silly grin on your face! You doing great man! :cheers2:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Next

Return to General