Question about getting comfort meds?

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Question about getting comfort meds?

Postby AVinLo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:04 pm

I don't have a PCP(Primary Care Physician). I've only lived in this town for 8 months. I stopped seeing my Suboxone doctor due to expense. I have moderate high BP, so sub doc did put me on 50 mg Metoprolol daily a few months back. Here's 3 comfort meds I'm interested in:

1. Clonidine
2. Lyrica or similar to Gabapentin
3. Ambien or similar for sleep

Here's my question. When I jump ship from Suboxone should I wait until around 5th or 6th day and pick a doctor in the phone book to go see about getting these meds? Should I just ask the doctor for these meds without being listed as a drug seeker? Or, should I tell the doctor I'm in acute withdrawal off Suboxone hoping he'll give me these meds?

My sub doc is out of the question because I failed to show up at my last visit a few days ago. Plus, his $200 fee is just beyond what I can pay anymore as well as having to drive almost 2 hours to visit him, one way. I should just be able to go see a local doctor here. I currently live with my dad and recommended one doc to go see. I just don't know the best way to approach the doctor to get these comfort meds I'd really like to have when I quit my Suboxone here soon. I'm ignorant when it comes to doctors because before I got on Suboxone I avoided them like the plague and got my opiates illegally. Some advice on how to approach a doctor to LEGALLY get these meds or even just one of them would be helpful in my suffering during detox. Thanks!
"Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or even a year, but ,eventually, it WILL subside. And, something else will take it's place. If I quit however....it will last forever!"

Tramadol- 2006 to 2011♢Vicodin to Oxy's- 2011 to 2013♢Suboxone- 2013 to 2014♢Quit 3 mg Suboxone on 8/26/14
AVinLo

Return to General