Journal of a jump, 1 month and beyond

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Re: Journal of a jump, 1 month and beyond

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:35 am

Yea mano, its a strange feeling.. id rather have an acid flashback lol

Id sure like to think things are better than they were a year ago.. I waited too long to get get clean and hid my addiction until it was too late.. I was driven by anger and didn't have the strength to fight for my sobriety AND my family. My addiction, selfish behavior and stupid choices created another broken home.. the only days I'm not buried in depression are the days I get to be a dad.. I sure wish I could be a father full time and have a family..

I haven't given up.. forgivness doesn't come easy, nor should it..
Sub free since 10-20-2012
mynameisDAN82

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 pm

How do I let go of that past because it’s the world that I’ve now created for myself? Well, I’ve done it before; why can’t I do it again? Well, because I’m not quite ready yet. I’m not really sure where I’m headed yet. I don’t know. But I know that it will be better than it is today because I know I’m willing to put in the hard work.
mynameisDAN82

Postby LDP » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:12 pm

DAN THE MAN..........still off the Grid in Costa Rica......I have totally forgotten about subs, symptoms, WDs .....but not the people who got me here you, Emily, Jewels ,AK ...Ratch...and even you cheeps....and all the others who tolerated my plague ....it would not have happened without each of you thankyou ...you guys saved me.....I am totally at peace and for the 1st time happy.....this has given me a new life...where subs don't exist...I would encourage any of you that are in the SUBDITCH to find something different to do with your life....being away from the USASTRESS has made all the difference.....make a change.....I stopped counting so DAN a year !!!! the longest in history that would make me at 9 months.....wow...havnt thought about that in months......I am cured the plague that controlled my life is completely gone.....Emily please touch base.....guys I am about to cry....PeaceloveLEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Last edited by LDP on Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LDP

Postby Justjules13 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Glad to hear your doing well and glad your checking in..
Ok....like Poncho said, it's pay back time. You didn't think all that great advice was free did you?
Send a one way ticket to Costa Rica to....Freezing My Nips off
Toofarnorth, Arctic Circle
02BWARM

I'll expect at least a a case of mangos... :boobshake:
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby emily » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:31 am

I am hijacking Dan's thread to say HEY LEX :kiss: , I am doing OK. I am really glad you checked in & are doing well! I have a friend in Costa Rica & she LOVES it! Maybe some time in the future i can get there to visit both of you! :D
To read you are HAPPY is the Best :boobshake: :cheers-smashed: ! Time heals all of us but the move to Costa Rica was the best healer for you Lex.
Big Hugs to you

Emily
emily

Postby shebabe » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:17 am

Dan!!!! :wave: :banana: :kiss:

I'm doing ok, you will be happy to know that I AM NOW SUB FREE!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
Just wanted to thank you for just being there, I know I have been away from this site for awhile now but I will never forget all the help you and everyone else gave me THANK YOU! :)

I'm not sure what your up to these days (have some catching up to do lol) but I really hope you're doing well and if you ever need anyone to talk to I'm here :popcorn: I will try to get on more often cause now I just want to help people no matter what they are dealing with in life :angel:

Take Care, Keep in touch :wave:
Sub Free 10/31/13 (5 years on subs)
"If You Wanna Fly Get Rid Of The Shit That Weighs You Down"
shebabe

Postby LDP » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Dan the MAN...WHATS up GUY....LDP COSTA RICA
LDP

Postby starting_over » Thu May 07, 2015 12:57 am

Hey Dan! I just wanted to stop by and check out your thread since I've seen you post on so many others, including mine.

By the way, I can dig your taste in movies and music. I'm actually minoring in Film Studies right now in school. Okay, so I didn't get through your ENTIRE thread because it's pretty lengthy, but I commend you for having g jumped with a 7 month old! Although I'm assuming now he's about 3/4? Mine is 3 and a FIRECRACKER! I also want my daughter to know a fully functional and present mama! Damn, all of you that jump from some high doses continue to amaze me! But, when you want it bad enough and are desperate, you will make it happen no matter what. I kicked a 7 year heroin/methadone run about 5 years ago and that was pure hell on earth! But, I was so hating my life and what I had to do just to maintain on a daily basis that I would rather endure the pain of a ct detox than the pain of being who I was one more day. Anyway, when I read these posts of people making through these high jumps I feel like pansy ass with my little 1mg a day habit that I'm tapering :oops: But it's a good thing because stories like yours remind me that it could be so much worse and that I need to do this NOW!

Well, just thought I'd drop by and say hi! :wave:
starting_over

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:14 am

Thanks for checking in here S/O!

You're minoring in film studies eh? We could probably discuss the subject for HOURS! I love me some movies! I want to see "Little Boy" so bad. It's only showing in select theaters at times I cannot seem to make.. Bummin'... Are you a reader as well?

You have a 3 year old?!? My boy turned 3 back in March. Soo much fun, right!? He is my heart, that's for sure.

Here's the deal.. Yes, I was desperate- yes, I was determined- and yes, I made it out alive.... With that said, I was also an absolute train wreck! Actually, "train wreck" doesn't adequately describe who I was.. Hmm.. I was a de-railed high speed locomotive, traveling at speeds exceeding 350mph through a mountainous terrain, on Mars.. :wired: :crazy:

This thread should go side by side with Sindy's story.. It's night and day!

S/O- you are no pansy ass! You are methodically conquering your addiction, in a safe and extremely smart manner.

During the tapering process, you'll be able to construct a healthy routine that will ensure a successful jump. Just don't lose sight of your goal! :smart:

Either way, learning to live without a "crutch" is a process... The years I (and the majority of people in our situation) were supposed to be growing-emotionally- I was too busy chasing that high.. I still get confused and flustered when I'm subjected to high stess situations. But, I recognize this now so I'm able to work on it.. You know what I mean?

Anyway.. I'm rambling now.. Thanks again for "stopping in". :thumbup:
mynameisDAN82

Postby starting_over » Thu May 07, 2015 9:49 am

YES!! I want to see that one too! There's a great, little indie theater about half an hour from me. And, yes, I am an avid reader; my major is Lit and minor is film. I'm actually taking a break from writing a paper on "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" as we speak to message you :shh: .

Yes--three is a lot of fun! You know, people told me to enjoy every minute with my little one because the time goes by fast, and I believed them, but I didn't realize just HOW fast it goes by! It's a trip, right? Watching these tiny little people form their unique identities already :D My daughter loves music, too. She has her favorites that we listen to OVER and OVER in the care.

Anyways, thanks for the reply! And we should definitely talk movies. The last film I saw in the theater was Birdman. Loved it. However, it has been a really long time since a major Hollywood film has really caught my attention and made my think "Ooooooo! I have to see that one!" Here are a few of my faves:

Gangs of New York
Kung Fu Hustle
Rashomon
Little Miss Sunshine
Boondock Saints

This could go on forever...have a good one!
starting_over

Postby amery2u » Thu May 07, 2015 12:31 pm

Dan, you are an AMAZING man of 32. You were born the year before i graduated? 1982 > ? WoW.... like S/O, i agree your thread is phenom; people like she & I are glad you are still HERE! >>>>>
I'm not a big film/movie buff; just books and music, as y'all KNOW on the latter, LoL! What kind of stuff do YOU like to read?!? Just wondering....! Me, MANY AND ANY!!

TTYS,
Anne :)
Sub-Free Since Easter Sunday~ 4/11/2015 . . and still truckin~..~
amery2u

Postby Sindysun » Sun May 10, 2015 9:55 am

Happy Mother's Day Dan.

It's good to see your story back in general population. :thumbup:
Tapered for 6 months down to .02. Sub free since 1/30/15 after 7 years.
Sindysun

Postby amery2u » Mon May 11, 2015 8:30 pm

Dano, you are amazing.
i'm still "HANGING BY A MOMENT~"
HUGS,
ANNE.
amery2u

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:41 pm

Sindysun wrote:Happy Mother's Day Dan.

It's good to see your story back in general population. :thumbup:

Thanks Sindy :kiss:

I hope you're doing well and hope your mother's day was awesome!

amery2u wrote:Dano, you are amazing.
i'm still "HANGING BY A MOMENT~"
HUGS,
ANNE.

You're too kind :oops: :kiss:

Life is nothing but moments- hang on while you still can. :cheers2:
mynameisDAN82

Postby amery2u » Tue May 12, 2015 8:22 am

<<< Life is nothing but moments- hang on while you still can. :cheers2: >>>

Ahhhh....SO true.... Have a great day, my Dano! i'm'a try~

{{{ hugs }}}
Anne :wave:
amery2u

Postby LDP » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:48 pm

DAN THE MAN.... ..YOU GOT TO BE AT 3 YEARS CAUSE I AM RIGHT BEHIND YOU 3 IN NOVERBER. ..
you were the first person to respond to my sub madness. ...

Things are happy. ..and I hope for you...Best Lex

I posted on my the thread of insanity. ....Check in...!!!!
LDP

Postby subster58 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:28 pm

Hi Dan, long time since we started this journey. Just wondering if you're still around and how goes it?
Peace,
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby My_Distraction » Tue May 10, 2016 10:33 pm

:MrT:
Last edited by My_Distraction on Tue May 17, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Riiiiight
My_Distraction

Postby cheeps » Wed May 11, 2016 2:38 pm

Yes, Dan is on hiatus. He's got another thread call three years later that you can find by using the search box....upper right.

As to your question about moving on....we encourage peeps to do that and about once a year on their anniversies, they update.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby My_Distraction » Wed May 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Thank you for responding, cheeps.
Riiiiight