Side effects long term use-/- desperate wife of a user

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Re: Side effects long term use-/- desperate wife of a user

Postby SoCal » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:37 am

i can think of one other thing that may make tapering harder for you husband and thats the doctor!,,He's tryin at home,,then goes and see's some quack who tells him he is really doin good!,,my doctor told me to seek this med before food and shelter!,,,,the doc didnt want to see me leave cause i was helping pay for his food and shelter!!
TT
SoCal

Postby Stefaniezoe » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:13 am

Right... And now the something to laugh:
His doctors name is : GHANDI
I throw up thunder now whenever i read this name now.
Anyways: my husband is still going down and still motivated. We will see.
Stefaniezoe

Postby SoCal » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:51 pm

it does seem there are middle east doctors poppin up evetwhere,,in the biggining i had two white docs and got along real well,,at least they seemed sane!,,lol my latest doc is a buddist,,and what a trip he is,,but sane enough to know pain managment and sub can make him rich, They all have this mentality that if you can pay yoo connection then you damn sure can pay them!
TT
SoCal

Postby Stefaniezoe » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Doctors And Dealers
Nice Titel for my next book
Stefaniezoe

Postby subster58 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Stef, glad you came back and you are right on, Doctors and Dealers are the same. With subs the Docs want you addicted so they can buy fancy cars, and screw the people who go thru detox=torture. This is the only site that is truthful and honest, been on many and got kicked off the other site when I told them what subs really do to a person and it's not a "miracle cure"
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Stefaniezoe » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Yes
At least they want addicts that are able to pay taxes.
My husband feels supestupid because he thought he is doing the RIGHT thing. Not knowing that he just got manipulated to become a good robot.
Stefaniezoe

Postby cheeps » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Stefaniezoe wrote:Yes
At least they want addicts that are able to pay taxes.
My husband feels supestupid because he thought he is doing the RIGHT thing. Not knowing that he just got manipulated to become a good robot.

He shouldn't feel stupid...we've been taught to rely on a DR's care. And he is now a little more educated and experienced and hopefully will be more open to your very good intentions and help.

Tell him I said that there are sooo many drugs out there now...for other diseases that Dr's perscribe and many don't work and have had to be recalled. Dr's just did what the drug companies said SHOULD work.

There have been alot of diabetic drugs that just don't work that peeps faithfully took.....two of them caused some heart related deaths and finally got yanked. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SoCal » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Stefaniezoe wrote:Doctors And Dealers
Nice Titel for my next book

are you really an author,,i'll give ya a book and i'll be i guess what you call a ghost writter/or is it the other way around>?
TT
SoCal

Postby Stefaniezoe » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:25 am

I am a writer
But just published one best selling book in Germany and writing for a german magazine
Stefaniezoe

Postby jbowden82 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:38 pm

You know I think it is really funny that someone would put up a forum website about suboxone with no editorial's and just opinion's of people who don't do drugs. I tell you I was a heroin addict at age 16 and have had a hard time getting off drugs for good. I do admit that suboxone does make me feel a little less but it has kept my life under control for almost five years. I don't care if I am on it for the rest of my life. At least now I have a life.
jbowden82

Postby Justjules13 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:49 pm

And I think it's really funny that someone who's happy as a clam on Sub would take the time to sign up at a place called "SUBSUX".
And who told you we don't do drugs? People here are in all phases of recovery...
J
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby Stefaniezoe » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:58 pm

I think it's funny that I ended up here with100% sobriety since I was born.
My husband was on heroin since he was 19and (in and out of relapses) on suboxone the last 2 years. For him it ist not acceptable anymore. He wants a full life-- -!: this is how he calls it. He is an addict but he wants the full package no drugs anymore.
And for me as a wife is that the only way to go.
Love doesn't work with opiates AND me
Stefaniezoe

Postby Stefaniezoe » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:00 pm

But people are different.
Some like sushi, some don't
Stefaniezoe

Postby cheeps » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:29 pm

jbowden82 wrote:You know I think it is really funny that someone would put up a forum website about suboxone with no editorial's and just opinion's of people who don't do drugs. I tell you I was a heroin addict at age 16 and have had a hard time getting off drugs for good. I do admit that suboxone does make me feel a little less but it has kept my life under control for almost five years. I don't care if I am on it for the rest of my life. At least now I have a life.

I believe it's about the detox experiences of people that no longer WISH to take sub. So....read up before you throw that size ten in your mouth again. :mrgreen:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Stefaniezoe » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:04 am

Wanting to have a " life under control" is not what life is about I think. Life happens.
Freedom love art laughter sex all the good things in life do not work with " control".
My husband tried to get off suboxone 3 times. Now it's his 4 th time. He doesn't want to be controlled by a pill anymore.

Doesn't want to be a working tax paying zombie who can't give the best of himself to his wife and family.
I am happy he sees it that way, but people are different and want different things in life.
Stefaniezoe

Postby Stefaniezoe » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:58 pm

UPDATE:

My husband saw a doctor for a general check up during his detoxing. The long term use (2.5 years) caused some health problems already.
My husband had a slip when he tried to ease his fear of gettin off suboxone by taking XANAX.
Of course he didn't tell anybody. Bought it from some guy of the street. I found out--- classic- when doing laundry, by emptying pockets....
He admitted that it was a stupid idea to think changing seats on the titanic is the SOLUTION.
He cried. First time I ever saw him crying. It broke my heart seeing him so helpless and ashamed of himself.
We talked.
I can't tell how disappointed I was to caught him lying again.

The crazy thing is:
he IS SMART. He knows taking XANAX is not a solution, but he said he was so proud buying a big bottle of them knowing that this will bring him through the days when he is getting of suboxone.
At that moment, he REALLY thought that this was a smart move.
Thank god his new doctor sees the danger of ALL theses drugs and will support him going to get the help he needs.
And my husband listens to him...
So, we will see.
I am ready to bomb the pharma industry
Stefaniezoe

Postby Eyeronic » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Stefaniezoe wrote:Thanks
I just looked all over the web for a site that tells the truth about suboxone.
Even at alanon meetings they asked me WHY i am there, because they declare it sober. As if it was is a competition whos relative gets wasted the most illegally or at least abusivly taking his pills
My counsler was nice, but no clue about suboxone.
So i was happy after Reading what this stuff REALLY does

..no they don't. "Declare it sober" I mean. Some people will tell you that it's an individual choice but NA has made their position clear. Anecdotally, my mother used to attend nar-anon and they kept telling her suboxone kills people.

http://www.na.org/?ID=bulletins-bull29

"For this reason, many groups believe it is inappropriate for these members to share at meetings of Narcotics Anonymous."

These members = people on maintenance drugs

Id personally stay away from anything 12 Step oriented as Bill W. was a complete and utter loon

jbowden82 wrote:You know I think it is really funny that someone would put up a forum website about suboxone with no editorial's and just opinion's of people who don't do drugs. I tell you I was a heroin addict at age 16 and have had a hard time getting off drugs for good. I do admit that suboxone does make me feel a little less but it has kept my life under control for almost five years. I don't care if I am on it for the rest of my life. At least now I have a life.

I just need to say again..

This ^^ is a naive and dangerous attitude, IMO, but so is the "Sub never helped a soul, lets get it banned."

Can't it be both? Such as, "Sub really helped me get my life together, but trying to come off of it really sucks. Unfortunately, being on it forever will result in a decreased quality of life for 95% of people. This maintenance shit really needs some serious reform."

I believe that Sub is dangerous, brain-damaging, and extremely potent. Doctors often mislead patients in order to get them on it. Suboxone has also saved some lives.

Why can't this all be true????

I want off Sub, I am tapering without my doctor because every time I mention it he says "you're only on 2mg just leave it." But I have health insurance and he writes me generic subutex so I don't think it's bc of $$. I don't blame my doctor for my not being off yet. It was my decision to shoot dope, to start maintenance, and now it's my decision to taper off.

P.S. is this dude talking about this site or sleepingtiger's?
Eyeronic

Postby Eyeronic » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Stefaniezoe wrote:UPDATE:

My husband saw a doctor for a general check up during his detoxing. The long term use (2.5 years) caused some health problems already.
My husband had a slip when he tried to ease his fear of gettin off suboxone by taking XANAX.
Of course he didn't tell anybody. Bought it from some guy of the street. I found out--- classic- when doing laundry, by emptying pockets....
He admitted that it was a stupid idea to think changing seats on the titanic is the SOLUTION.
He cried. First time I ever saw him crying. It broke my heart seeing him so helpless and ashamed of himself.
We talked.
I can't tell how disappointed I was to caught him lying again.

The crazy thing is:
he IS SMART. He knows taking XANAX is not a solution, but he said he was so proud buying a big bottle of them knowing that this will bring him through the days when he is getting of suboxone.
At that moment, he REALLY thought that this was a smart move.
Thank god his new doctor sees the danger of ALL theses drugs and will support him going to get the help he needs.
And my husband listens to him...
So, we will see.
I am ready to bomb the pharma industry

Your husband is on a relatively high dose of a long acting opioid medication. The withdrawal will be physically and mentally difficult. If he wants to use comfort meds responsibly during his taper, why is that a problem?
Eyeronic

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:02 am

I don't think using xanax during a taper is a good idea. Detoxing is scary, but not to the point of using a benzo to relieve the "fear"... That's setting yourself up for another drug addiction that's even more dangerous than opiates.

When a person is ready to detox, they should taper their opiate dose slowly. 20% reduction in dose every 2 weeks is the basic rule. This should keep acute withdrawal away.

When the dose gets low enough that the user is suffering moderate withdrawal, then it's time to jump.

I do believe xanax can be used successfully during detox though-

A few days after opiate intake had ceased, is the time to start using a benzo as a comfort med, to help get some rest, and relieve restless leg syndrome. But only use them for a short while (couple of weeks tops), and only when absolutely needed.
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby Stefaniezoe » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:23 am

@ everonic
Ther are two problems: first, he is an addict and quickly losses control over usage.
AND he did not get XANAX from a doctor, he HIMSELF thought it was a good idea to switch to something else without any doctor consultation.
He admitted that he started to pop XANAX like smarties. That he relied on another drug.

I think there is just one way to get sober.... GET SOBER.
Anything else is just anything else.
Stefaniezoe

PreviousNext

Return to General