The lingering symptom you experience the longest?

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Re: The lingering symptom you experience the longest?

Postby ratch » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Christina,
You dont have to wait a year. In roughly 90 days from jumping most people are "OK" .. 6 months to "perfect" or damn close to it. Some people are sensitive/chemically imbalanced and it takes a year or longer to feel normal. But after 90 days most people can get off their ass and motivate. Its hard to describe, but you feel OK but "off" and that is what takes so long to shake. There will be days/times when you feel great and dont even think about it, and small portions of the day when it effects you. It gets better every day, but when you get up there into months progress cant be measured daily, or even weekly anymore. I dont want to scare you, but before you even think about giving up, read this thread and it may motivate you.

(just the first post)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38&hilit=pregnant

Ratch
ratch
Administrator

Highscores: 1

Postby Christina13 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:57 am

I am not gonna give up Ratch! I can not go backwards. The thought does pop in my head to take a sub but then I look at my Signature and I have a month, almost, sub free and I do not want to have to start that count down over!! I just still am not sleeping wonderful, toss and turn and am up at 6am usually every morning if not earlier. I am going to try and force myself to walk daily for exercise. I am hoping that will help some. I appreciate all your words of encouragement:)
SUBFREE since 9/2/12 :)
Christina13

Postby abacus23 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:36 am

I wish I would've read this thread earlier... at least 90 days to feel semi-normal, maybe up to a year. Got it. Good luck Christina.
hydros 1998 - 2008
Suboxone 2008 - 7/18/12 (4mg-5mg day)
Morphine 7/18/12 - 8/24/12 (45 - 60 mg daily when I stopped)
Ibogaine treatment on 8/24/12
Relapsed for a week or so w/SAO's and two weeks on Sub since 8/24/12
Completely clean since 12/12/12
abacus23

Postby ratch » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Everyone is different and don't let this thread scare you! However while you are high you don't get accustomed to the natural process of aging, so if you have been high since you were 22 and now you are 40+ guess what? You are not going to feel 22 ever again when you jump! I think the "worst case scenarios" stayed high for decades. But you will feel normal again, its just going to take time. Use the shitty feelings as a reminder what you did to yourself, and how you never want to feel like this again.
ratch
Administrator

Postby nomojo3479 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Statistically speaking I don’t think my chances are good.. all the doctors and rehab people I have spoken to suggest staying on sub for life... but fuck that.. a decade is long enough to be fucking zonked out., honestly If heroin or OxyContin were affordable I’d much rather be addicted to that then sub.. at least on that junk u get a nice buzz from time to time..
nomojo3479

Postby ratch » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:29 am

IF they were decent doctors, or a good rehab they would never say that. To tell anyone they are "hopeless" or stay on drugs that just won't work forever is dead wrong. When first quitting comfort meds are definitely "loss prevention" or rehab in a bottle. But eventually you will have to make the decision to live a life not chained to a pill or a paycheck.
ratch
Administrator

Previous

Return to General