Suboxone withdrawal timeline and PAWS timeframe

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Re: Acute and More PAWS timeframe

Postby cheeps » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Sindy......I just think you mitigated depression by going slow. Everyone is so different. I was more depressed on opies than off....but it was three months of duuuh for me this time. No real depression.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Re: Acute and More PAWS timeframe

Postby Sindysun » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:23 pm

I hope you're right and that's the case for me. I just want to be prepared. I definitely see that I avoided a lot of stuff by tapering. I compare my experience at 2 months out to others and that is apparent.

I also felt very depressed on opiates and especially the last couple years on sub.

Thank you for your reply:)
Tapered for 6 months down to .02. Sub free since 1/30/15 after 7 years.
Sindysun

Re: Suboxone withdrawal timeline and PAWS timeframe

Postby newstart » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:11 pm

OMG thank you!!!! an answer as to how to speed this up
Cant wait for my kids to meet me after so many years....Im in tears
thank you
newstart

Postby LDP » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:54 pm

Cheeps .....about to cross 3 years. ..your my favorite chic....Best Lex
LDP

Postby cheeps » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:12 pm

:banana: :banana: :banana:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subincarserated » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:04 am

wow'. you have a lot of stuff i need to read more. thanks
subincarserated

Postby subincarserated » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:47 am

i'm late on this thread' i guess i need to no more what i'm doin.
subincarserated

Postby The Blind Ass » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:22 pm

Need to bump this because Cheeps did a number on this one. This alone could be someones guide through the gauntlet.
The Blind Ass

Postby cheeps » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:59 am

Thank you blind ass....most of this was heisted from some very wise peeps....I'm just the messenger.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:24 pm

I do want peeps to know that while we all usually go thru PAWS, the time period is different depending on the physical shape that you are in...for some....it last only weeks or a month or two....with gradual improvement....some feel good after a month...some 90 days. Exercising and reminding yourself that it is NOT permanent are two ways to get better faster.

When you expect to feel better right away....that's the killer....that's not reasonable. It took you a long time to get this way....reach down deep, find support and educate yourself. Patience....and time.....these will heal you along with the tips here.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:33 pm

cheeps wrote:I do want peeps to know that while we all usually go thru PAWS, the time period is different depending on the physical shape that you are in...for some....it last only weeks or a month or two....with gradual improvement....some feel good after a month...some 90 days. Exercising and reminding yourself that it is NOT permanent are two ways to get better faster.

When you expect to feel better right away....that's the killer....that's not reasonable. It took you a long time to get this way....reach down deep, find support and educate yourself. Patience....and time.....these will heal you along with the tips here.

My Girlfriend of 23 years has been on subs nearly 12 years. She decided to rapid taper all hell broke loose. Spying everyone hates her she's dying she has burning inside she gets very confused but feels the subs are evil. Went from 6mg to 1mg in 2 months. She tried jumping at two but I made her take some. She was with it and seems to go crazy when she takes it and clears up for a short while when it's farthest from when she doses. I'm confused but do I force her to take it. She can't focus can't read she doses twice a day .5mg instead of 1mg once a day.... no help from the hospital I wanted to admit her. If it was heroin they would have but they don't offer sub detox! This is hard I'm the permanent caretaker and can barely work without her telling me they stole her sole they stole her memories ext.
Over10yrsOn

Postby nomojo3479 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:14 am

Ya man, hospitals, detoxes.. nobody wants to deal with a suboxone detox.

It can be done, plenty of people on this site have done it.. (detoxed from sub).. it's a long process. Keep tapering down.. some people taper to below .1 mg before they jump off.. anyway, I agree it's pretty fucked how the medical profession has no help for sub detox.
nomojo3479

Postby Lucy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:51 am

There is so much great info about the long term withdrawal symptoms from stopping suboxone/buprenorphine/bup/bupe/boop/subutex/temgesic etc in this thread. People aren't told how long will the symptoms last and that they can expect to have problems for months, even after tapering. The doctors and manufacturer don't know and/or don't care.

The pharma companies in the usa make so much money from the opiates they flood that market with. You don't see prescription opiate use in other countries the way you do in the usa. That's because those opiate meds are manufactured in the usa and the companies that make them are powerful and expect to maintain their income stream, even if it's ruining the lives of so many. In the rest of the world, doctors are extremely conservative with prescribing strong opiates. For surgery, accidents, broken bones, nerve pain conditions etc people are given codeine. The only time oxy or hydro etc is given is for cancer or equivalent level pain. The end result of that is the usa has many people on sub who are not heroin users, unlike the rest of the world.

You would think that would drive demand for bupe specific detox help being offered in hospitals and drug & alcohol facilities, but as those services aren't there it's apparent that demand is still quite low. People are being encouraged and enabled to stay on bupe long term, or for life, without realizing what that will do to them. I truly believe that years from now the way buprenorphine has been used as a long term maintenance drug will be seen as the harmful, medical malpractice that it is. Until that day comes, thankfully we have this forum which really is the only place online where you get the truth about suboxone (subutex, buprenorphine, bup, bupe). The other places bury their heads in the sand and yet they know full well how evil it is. The info in this thread can be found on those sites, but even faced with the facts they make public themselves, they still prefer to follow the party line set by the medical profession and the pharmaceutical companies. /rant

(ignore this search engine query bait. It might help bring some more people here)

what happens when you stop taking suboxone? how long do suboxone withdrawal symptoms last? how do I stop taking suboxone? why am I still having symptoms/problems/pain/weird feelings months after stopping suboxone? can suboxone withdrawal symptoms last for months? when will my suboxone withdrawal symptoms go away? how can I stop suboxone withdrawal symptoms? what works for suboxone withdrawal? help getting off suboxone, help with suboxone withdrawal, what do I need to know about suboxone? how can I stop taking suboxone? whats the best way to stop suboxone? how do I reduce off suboxone? what is the truth about suboxone?
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Postby cheeps » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:18 am

What's crazy is how some forums hate us for telling it like it is....they say we only tell the horror stories but if you've been criticized for disliking how sub makes you feel you want the hard questions answered.

One day we will show up higher inn the search engines. That will be fucked up but helpful for those who want to know....the truth about sub detox.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby GingerPop » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:28 pm

:oops: Wow, Cheeps! I remember you from 2014 when I was tapering. Congratulations on taking the next step.

I wish I could say I just dropped in just to show support for my fellow travelers, and I am, but selfishly I'm here to say I went back on Sub a year ago. Long story but I got a very stressful but really important job. It was a horrible place, but I had to stay 2 years for the experience to be legit. So I did. I was jonesing like I haven't since 2003. I wanted every drug, all drugs, ANY drugs to stop the panic and misery I was experiencing every day at this job. And the .50 of sub definitely made it go away.

Finally, I got a new happy and much better position. That 2 years was the right thing to endure, it led to me to a good life in the Pacific NW. But now once more it's time to get off this. I went on the patch which is about .40, I'm not sure how much is actually absorbed, many somebody here knows. Now I'm down to the 10 mcg patch, about .20. I sneeze and have the RLS thing at night when stepping down, but I have lived through much worse when I tapered from 4 mg in 2014.

The plan is to stay on 10 mcg for another 3 wks, then go to 5 mcg which is .10 then off of it totally. What I learned last time that for me jumping from .25 would not work since I am working in a job I need to be on my "A" game all the time. I am hoping this slower path from .40 to 0 is going to be better than last time.

Maybe I'm fooling myself, we'll see. Anyway, I am back and hope that my experience can help someone else who goes back and decides to come off it. Sub did save me from myself, but this is a wicked mistress, this drug.
GingerPop

Postby cheeps » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Hey gingerpop! Did you have a different member name before? Glad you came back but sorry you have to. I think your plan sounds fine. Can I copy this and start you a new thread or you can do it if you like...

I think you are maybe the first person here using that patch. Are you in the USA or overseas?

I think that sounds like a good plan just listen to your body and don't overthink it. You did it before, let's hope this time is a little gentler!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby GingerPop » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:41 pm

My name was GingerPop before but it's been a few years, I tapered in December 2014. And sure Cheeps you can start a new thread! I'm not sure how to do anything right now, down to .20 now, and planning to go to .10 in 2 weeks. The main things are being exhausted and slow, and of course sleep and RLS. It'll pass, I remember how it did before. I have to start running again, it really helped last time.

Thank you!
GingerPop

Postby Lucy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:45 pm

Hi, GingerPop. At least you do know what to expect and what worked for you last time, so you're ahead of the race compared to so many of us. Hope you have an easy time with the rest of your taper. Keep us posted.
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Previous

Return to General