3 yrs + on Sub

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

3 yrs + on Sub

Postby Bupeduped » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Hey All,

Been lurking around for a year or so and finally decided to post. I am not new to suboxone or to addiction forums. Had one I went to for years before it got shut down due to lack of members. It was that site where I learned about Suboxone.

A certain female member kept raving how good it was and how it saved her life and all. Once I hit my bottom on a mixture of Hydrocodone, Soma, Tramadol, and a little bit of Xanax, I started looking for a doctor to prescribe it. This was in May of '10 and I knew nothing about it. He inducted me on 24 mg's and I promptly went home and puked. What a weird drug! I had no desire to do anything at all. It took away all my cravings and once I tapered it down to 16 mg's I felt good.

Only a few negative effects so far on it. 1)feeling sleepy 2)lack of sex drive, but I also take Effexor and that is probably to blame for that one. Other than those two, nothing much else comes to mind. Today I am on 6 mg's and holding.

I have read some negative side effects of Bupe but maybe I haven't been on it long enough. Those who do scream the loudest against it seem like they know everything.

My only real question would be: What is the worst thing about taking Suboxone? Or is it a myriad of things? Meaning, I suppose I need a good reason to NOT take it. Otherwise, I just go day by day.

Thanks All,

BD
User avatar
Bupeduped
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby mano » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:16 pm

I would say for most people, after a while it stops working for them and usually leaves them with a laundry list of undesirable side effects that often build slowly, and then detoxing from it is normally much much harder than detoxing from a short acting opiate. Depending on the users age and general health, it's not uncommon for people to feel bad for years after stopping sub use.
User avatar
mano
Local Fixture
 
Posts: 3474
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby nootlsjr » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:31 pm

dam dude. you have been reading on the site and haven't come across the many health issues sub causes after the honey moon. mine lasted like 4/5 years, but that was using h and sub in binges. your at a higher dose, so it might turn on you between 4/6 years [if lucky].

I got off because of sharp stomach pains and I was damned on it and damned off it, but you can lose your teeth, hair, sanity, dignity, your balls, and maybe even your liver. that's just a few side effects of sub. sounds like your not there yet. don't take my word for it, see for yourself. lol. or get clean.

you might save yourself some time and hardship by getting clean now, but everyone is different and spends there time differently. do what supports your future best. improving your health is always a sure bet.
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby Bupeduped » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Yea, I did say I've been lurking for a year but only visited a few times. I wasn't ready to hear the negative side of Bupe. I'm gettin' there.
User avatar
Bupeduped
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Negitive reasons for taking suboxone everyday.. hmmm... if you've been lurking for year why ask or why even care? Does it matter? Your living the dream right now! Who cares about a low sex drive, its prolly something else, your right... plus who cares that your taking a STRONG opiod/opiate, not you that's for sure.

Fuck it, atleast its better than taking a drug your whole life.. or wait.. atleast its better than taking more than 1 drug at a time.. or maybe its...
Sub free since 10-20-2012
Like most things in life the hardest part is starting, the easy part is wanting.
"Life gets hard.. Then it gets good, just like I always knew it would"
mynameisDAN82
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:39 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby nootlsjr » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:14 pm

my bad, I didn't mean to jump on you like that. me you and most others where told highly of sub and that there was little to no wd. the fuckn docter even told me why would they put you on something worse then your original drug. no clue at all.

guess it doesn't matter how or why, once most people find this site its to late for the proper use of sub. im sorry that the big people took advantage of us when we where desperate and gullable. I don't hate the system. I was the one who disreguarded reason/logic. I really thought in the beginning that sub would have a wd a little less intense then h. it makes no fuckn scence besides greed and control/productivity. why not give me oxys to get off dope. or codeine.

why fuck with my head and fill there pockets for years. I believe in balance and natural justice. we reap what we sow. they will get theres one way or another.

hang in there, it might feel bad at the time, but time only goes forwards. you can oversee this nightmare. [get through wd]. peace.
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby cheeps » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:34 pm

The key to detox is education. You will not read unless you want to stop.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
User avatar
cheeps
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 8660
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby Bupeduped » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Thanks everyone. Go ahead and give me your best shot, I can take it. Didn't we all try to quit our DOC hundreds of times during our using years, only to find we didn't like the way we felt after the w/d's had gone away? At least that was the story for me. Went into an AA meeting two years before getting on Sub and found some other alcoholic/addicts like myself. One woman told me "good luck getting off of opiates, it took me a year to feel normal again". I left and gave up. I didn't go onto Sub to avoid the w/d's. I sought it out so I wouldn't die. At the time, quitting was not an option. At least not in my mind.

Hindsight is 20/20. Knowing then what I know now, rehab for 90 days would have been a wiser choice. And yes, I too was a victim of R&B's bullshit. Most of us heard the same shit. "You can stop w/o much trouble at 2 mg's" No one told me it was ORT. Like all of you, I will have to pay my dues when the time comes.

I'll not post much until I've read more of the archives here. Thanks again.
User avatar
Bupeduped
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby nootlsjr » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:49 pm

dam, the only thing that seperates us is age.lol. you said you regret not doing the 90 of sao [short acting opoid].

I said that, and I also said I wish I would have got off sub sooner. everything I gained through sub was mostly lost while in wd. we some stuborn selfish pricks my dude. [I can say that because im clean.lol.]

besides jail clean time, ss assured me the false doom would subside and healthy desires would return. they told me by 4/5 months clean I would relize my ill way of thinking. these fuckers where right. it does, you can, and it will. lol. sorry you have hurt so much in your life. [years and years], but there is a possible end. some pain for your pleasure.

once you feel free of mental obscession from opoids you will enjoy it. you might forget the hardship of wd and relapse, but atleast you know what your missing and most like I, return to sobriety. ween and bank days. when you think everything is doomed know that its your brain healing. why does it hurt so much to heal and so quick to harm/default.
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby cheeps » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:02 pm

I hope you find that many of us can move on....but for us hard core addicts, it takes some introspection into our lives and we have to learn how to deal with the physical or the MENTAL pain we have had all these years. In order to deal with the year after detox...therapy and support are crucial. You can't just quit and think it's going to be like "normal". For us, normal isn't there. Honestly, this is a time to accept that we've got old issues....and they have to be addressed to move into the next part of our lives.

If we don't figure this out....we get back into the cycle....I believe this with all my heart and soul.

Hopefully you don't have much to address and can feel some of the joy that quitting can bring. One thing I have learned here....listening to everyone's AFTER stories....is that every detox and year after is different. How you plan what you do and how you educate yourself, how you look for POSITIVES instead of negatives can affect your outcome.

Those of us that carry a lot of guilt....well, we need to let it go and start fresh...even if we backslide a little we need to forgive ourselves and KEEP TRYING!!!

There are peeps here that have made it after many tries. Stop listening to the doomsayers and find your own plan, your own model, your own way to get it done. Stop listening to the same old lines and make up some new ones.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
User avatar
cheeps
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 8660
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby runthemachine » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Bupeduped wrote:And yes, I too was a victim of R&B's bullshit. Most of us heard the same shit. "You can stop w/o much trouble at 2 mg's" No one told me it was ORT. Like all of you, I will have to pay my dues when the time comes.


Dude, I don't know what "ORT" means, but unless it's the exact opposite of what you heard, then you have it right (that you were fed utter bullshit).

Actually, most people will tell you that getting to 2mgs is the "w/o much trouble" part... if it's really your intention, anyway. If you're at a fairly high dose (did you say 6mgs? That's still fairly high, believe it or don't), it's a couple weeks of shitty, and then being comfortable, with regard to physical WDs, at 2mgs is pretty common. Getting below that is where the rubber meets the road.

Best.
Eternally... free from nothing.
User avatar
runthemachine
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:42 am
Location: South Jersey/Philly

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby Justjules13 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:10 pm

Well said Run, tapering is the easy part....zero is the hard part.
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
User avatar
Justjules13
 
Posts: 5071
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:07 am

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby hatethisstuff » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm probably one of the newest members here by the way my names gary. I was on Oxys for a while then went to methadone for 2 years then subs for 3.5 years I've been off of it for 26 days I know it's not a lot but you really don't know what your missing until its gone. I think clearer , I laugh my ass off at the goofiest shit , and I just see things in a different light. My doctor had his license suspended and left me hanging one month then I decided I was gonna try and stop myself. I don't know of all the side effects but who wants to be a slave to this shit not me. As a matter of fact I still have half a script that I just laugh at because it fucked shit up for me for years. I'm never turning back I'm gonna be like some of the people on this site that gave me hope and inspiration I'm not being nieve I know 26 days isn't shit but I can't go through that 2 weeks of fucking misery again. I do know that subs take yor sex drive away because I've been wearing my girlfriend out lately, she's not complaining by the way. But seriously if u can't see the side effects stop taking that poison and you can look back and see them. Good luck :D
hatethisstuff
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:28 am

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby cheeps » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:06 pm

hatethisstuff wrote:I'm probably one of the newest members here by the way my names gary. I was on Oxys for a while then went to methadone for 2 years then subs for 3.5 years I've been off of it for 26 days I know it's not a lot but you really don't know what your missing until its gone. I think clearer , I laugh my ass off at the goofiest shit , and I just see things in a different light. My doctor had his license suspended and left me hanging one month then I decided I was gonna try and stop myself. I don't know of all the side effects but who wants to be a slave to this shit not me. As a matter of fact I still have half a script that I just laugh at because it fucked shit up for me for years. I'm never turning back I'm gonna be like some of the people on this site that gave me hope and inspiration I'm not being nieve I know 26 days isn't shit but I can't go through that 2 weeks of fucking misery again. I do know that subs take yor sex drive away because I've been wearing my girlfriend out lately, she's not complaining by the way. But seriously if u can't see the side effects stop taking that poison and you can look back and see them. Good luck :D




WAY TO GO GARY!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
User avatar
cheeps
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 8660
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby Poncho » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:21 pm

Bupeduped wrote:Thanks everyone. Go ahead and give me your best shot, I can take it. Didn't we all try to quit our DOC hundreds of times during our using years, only to find we didn't like the way we felt after the w/d's had gone away? At least that was the story for me. Went into an AA meeting two years before getting on Sub and found some other alcoholic/addicts like myself. One woman told me "good luck getting off of opiates, it took me a year to feel normal again". I left and gave up. I didn't go onto Sub to avoid the w/d's. I sought it out so I wouldn't die. At the time, quitting was not an option. At least not in my mind.

Hindsight is 20/20. Knowing then what I know now, rehab for 90 days would have been a wiser choice. And yes, I too was a victim of R&B's bullshit. Most of us heard the same shit. "You can stop w/o much trouble at 2 mg's" No one told me it was ORT. Like all of you, I will have to pay my dues when the time comes.

I'll not post much until I've read more of the archives here. Thanks again.


Don't be discouraged Bubedupe, people here are only sharing the truth. Getting off this shit IS doable and you're no different then the rest of us. There is life after Sub and after all, what the fuck is normal anyway right ?
Good times, bad times you know I've had my share....
Poncho
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:08 am

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby Bupeduped » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:40 am

Run, I figured most everyone knew what ORT meant. Opiate Replacement Therapy. Suboxone or Methadone primarily.
User avatar
Bupeduped
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 3 yrs + on Sub

Postby cheeps » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Hey dude...just wondering how you've made out in the past few years. Cheeps
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
User avatar
cheeps
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 8660
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 pm


Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests