Quittin Time!!

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Quittin Time!!

Postby Wannabesubjumpa » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:07 am

To see wannabes old taper thread, use the link below....because...this is his new thread as SUBJumpa!!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3473

It's a new year for Tim....and you can follow it in this,thread.

Thanks for the words of strength peeps!!

Quick update: I decided after my last drop from .19 to .125 that I might switch things up a bit as far as my taper plan goes. Idk why but I just kinda felt like I was rushing things a bit here at the end. My plan was to make one more drop to .06 from .125 stay there for ten days and jump. Anyways I decided to drop to .8 instead and today is day 3 at this dose.. From here I plan to go to .04 and jump from there..

There is no turning back- just the windy road that lies ahead!! Each day is one closer to the beginning of living again!! Today I say goodbye to my dealer/doc- lol..as long as the fucker is there.. honestly I wouldn't even go back but I want to get some clodidine and a bit more gabapentin- just enough for the acute withdrawal phase though...Hope everyone is well today!!

Much love T
Wannabesubjumpa

Re: Subtaper

Postby Mare » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:09 am

Tim! You are doing so great! I commend you for rethinking your speed at this stage. Patience is a virtue. Soon enough you're GONNA be a sub jumpa, and then you'll HAVE been a sub jumpa. The days of "wanna" are numbered! Congrats. Hang in there man.
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby cheeps » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:28 am

Tim...don't be afraid to bump dose there at the very end....as long as you don't go over the last dose...the one you are on now. You can even go every other day. Splitting the dose in half is pretty big....just as long as you don't spike you can do this.

Or, like you said....fuck it..I'm done.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Eyedotz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:14 pm

Awesome Tim! You are so close to the end! I know it's a long road doing a microgram taper but it is well worth it. I actually felt better after I jumped... I think my body was so tired of the endless torture and finally felt a respite of relief. So happy for you! Hugs, Dotz
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby SmottleB » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:31 pm

I’m watching, I’m right behind. You got this!
SmottleB

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:40 pm

This is good information Tim. After all that is a 36% drop that you're doing now so that's still a big drop IMHO. So you seem to be feeling well on day 3 at .08. This is so great! The end is so very very close for you. Keep up the great work!
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Wannabesubjumpa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:08 am

Thanks for all the support peeps!! I started thinking about trying to stretch out my doses to every other day.. so yesterday for the first time in over 4 years I didn't take suboxone..Anyways I had some broken sleep last night but still got decent rest..Usually I dose early in the a.m. but still haven't yet.. so last time I dosed was Saturday at 2 p.m.- waiting for da shit to hit da fan- gonna see where this goes from here...

Much love T
Wannabesubjumpa

Postby Eyedotz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:45 am

Yay! My first attempt of skipping a day resulted in my actual jump. Maybe you’ll do the same!? Pretty big deal that you went a whole day without dosing though. Huge milestone dude. I hope you have a good day today and are deservingly proud of yourself! Hugs, dotz
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby cheeps » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:16 am

Wannabesubjumpa wrote:Thanks for all the support peeps!! I started thinking about trying to stretch out my doses to every other day.. so yesterday for the first time in over 4 years I didn't take suboxone..Anyways I had some broken sleep last night but still got decent rest..Usually I dose early in the a.m. but still haven't yet.. so last time I dosed was Saturday at 2 p.m.- waiting for da shit to hit da fan- gonna see where this goes from here...

Much love T

It will come mildly at first...and that may allow you the strength to keep going...once you have a few days under your belt...you don't WANT to go back....that is the only good thing about LAO.

We are here...you will be fine. 8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Annalo57 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Impressive Tim, most impressive. I'm right behind you assuming all goes as planned. You're the trailblazer right now. Blaze away!!!

Hope you're having a good day. Keep us posted.

Much love

Anna :banana:
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Great news Tim. This just may be it for you. Hang in there. You did everything right and hopefully will be rewarded as such. Keep us updated. I'm so happy for you skipping a day. I'm excited to read about your progress & skipping that day is huge progress IMHO.
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Mare » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Wow!!! Good for you Tim. Such good news. I'm glad to be here to see how things are unfolding to you. Stay strong, I'm happy for you.

Mare
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby Wannabesubjumpa » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:35 am

First let me say thanks for all the continued support!! Can't say enough good things about you guys and this place!!!

Alright yesterday was a bit rough during the day at work, honestly nothing to crazy though.. biggest symptom was rolling chills throughout the day. Also woke up with what feels like my first cold in 5 years, but my youngest has been sick so not sure if I caught da bug from her.. went home and smoked a bowl of weed and felt a lot better- took a long hot shower and cooked on the grill when the wifey got home.. felt run down by 8 pm.. Didn't think I was going to sleep much, woke up four or five times throughout the night but still managed 6 hrs sleep and am grateful for that!!

Morning of day 3... woke up feeling better than yesterday to my surprise..still waiting for da shit to hit though..pounding water, listening to tunes and keeping moving today so far.. Ran out of my GABA stash a couple of weeks ago, and never saw my doc last week.... they say he's like hospitalized sick, but my guess is he jumped ship after the shit with the dea..So my only comfort med so far is a couple hits of weed everday after work which I've been doing throughout a lot of this taper.. managed to get to da gym on my lunch break yesterday and I'm gonna try today also.. just light cardio though...
Wannabesubjumpa

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:52 am

Great job wanna! I do think that you have just jumped! I'm sorry you're out of your Gaba though. They say it helps for the acute. Kudos for going to work & cooking on the grill for the wifey though. I'm sure she appreciates the help. I know that I do.

It's wonderful that you woke up feeling better today. That's amazing. Thanks for updating us. We need to know, we want to know how you're doing. Your words will help those of us coming along behind you & all those to come behind us.

Really hoping you have a great day!
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Boy, you got out of his hot mess just in time. Think of the poor fuckers he's got in a jam.

Be very careful Tim....the next few days at work or in the car.....be very careful.

You might need some extra undies!! :twisted: :roll: :rofl:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 pm

I posted this in mzers threadtoo.

Ok....here's another little gem....you and Tim may not have colds....it's the detox....but I will say during and after detox you will have upper respiratory issues frequently. Opiates block histamine release....when you have no opies in your system you get clogged up. And....Its because your body temperature has changed and you are colder....that makes you more susceptible to germs and viruses when you do actually get sick.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Annalo57 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Tim

Sure sounds to me like you jumped. Thats so fucking awesome!!! I hope to be not too far behind you. As Cat says, please keep us posted on how you're feeling. It is very valuable information. I'm very excited for you. You're almost all the way through this. And just in the nick of time it seems since your dr drug dealer is out of business. I do feel for his other patients though.

You are officially a rock star.

Much love

Anna
Annalo57

Postby Wannabesubjumpa » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:29 pm

Heh peeps,

Made it to day four.. Actually had a pretty good day.. slept 6hrs. last night and had a bit more motivation today at work than yesterday.. Still getting the chills all day but again not as bad as yesterday..have a wicked headache and my ears have been on fire at times as well..got to be drinking close to a gallon of water a day so far ..I have Imodium on standby but haven't needed it YET.. It's weird my appetite is still really good as well so far (probably da weed).Honestly it's kinda freaking me out- every other time I've gone into acute withdrawal from Suboxone it was no appetite,dry heaving, extreme anxiety by like day 2 ..Don't get me wrong I know it's only day4 and withdrawls may not even start for a few more days!! I'm expecting the worst and hoping for da best at this point..

Best T
Wannabesubjumpa

Postby cheeps » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:53 am

Hopefully the slow taper you've done will make it much easier this time. I can't remember what you said about the dose you jumped off last time? What was it?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:26 pm

Tim

You are my hero. Love you man. So happy for you. I know that whatever comes in the next several days, you will handle it. You have all the info you need. You jumped from a low dose after a long slow taper. I am sending you all the good karma I have in the bank right now. You're very cool. Keep on keeping' on.

Your taper bud Anna :banana:
Annalo57

Next

Return to General