Took the plunge (journal)

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Re: Took the plunge (journal)

Postby m4zer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Dcleanist wrote:You are more acceptable for colds in wd. Ive experienced it both ways and only you know. You said you did this before.

Congrats for still standing your ground even when it feels the worst is after us. It's a sign to chill for 2 weeks do what you have to and enjoy the little things. Peace

The last time I went through sub w/d was years ago, I don't really remember if I had sinus issues or a cold. I do remember that I got absolutely gut-wrenching intestinal pain a few days in which thankfully hasn't happened (yet?). Cheeps you're right about body temperature, I usually run on the hot side but here I am sitting in my room wearing a t-shirt, thermal & hoodie w/ sweatpants and I'm running a space heater.
m4zer

Postby m4zer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Ohhhhhh my God, this cold is ridiculous. I've never had a cold like this before in my life. I don't have any sinus pain anymore but my whole head is LEAKING LIKE A FAUCET. My eyes are watering enough that if I hold my head down tears start falling out, my mouth is watering and my nose will not stop running. I've been sneezing 4 - 5 times in a row like every 20 minutes. I don't even really feel sick anymore but my face won't stop leaking!
m4zer

Postby cheeps » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:38 am

I hate to say this is normal but it's going to be like this for a little while long. Think of it as your body trying to flush out toxins....drink more water to keep it flowing....at least it's coming out and you don't look like the Pikachu balloon at the Macy's Xmas parade. Drink good water!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby m4zer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Day 12 ! I took yesterday off from work just to rest from the cold, going in tonight though. I slept a solid 7 hours last night without waking up so that was pretty awesome. Taking 6mg of melatonin before bed. Picked up some 5HTP and L-Theanine yesterday, 200mg each, and have been taking them with breakfast as well.

I had group today and got the chance to tell everyone and they were all really supportive and cheered me on, especially our resident old timer. She was super happy for me and she's tapering herself at the moment to get off subs. Just going to keep on keeping on!
m4zer

Postby Dcleanist » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Congrats man

Like you it's not a question of using its a question of when we can enjoy it. Not using. Congrats on your never repeating hours.
The voice of reason is reasonably late.
Dcleanist

Postby cheeps » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:02 am

m4zer wrote:Day 12 ! I took yesterday off from work just to rest from the cold, going in tonight though. I slept a solid 7 hours last night without waking up so that was pretty awesome. Taking 6mg of melatonin before bed. Picked up some 5HTP and L-Theanine yesterday, 200mg each, and have been taking them with breakfast as well.

I had group today and got the chance to tell everyone and they were all really supportive and cheered me on, especially our resident old timer. She was super happy for me and she's tapering herself at the moment to get off subs. Just going to keep on keeping on!

You are kicking ass and taking names....fantastic!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby m4zer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Two weeks off subs as of 2 P.M EST, few hours ago. Surprised how long it's taken me to get over this cold, my nose is still a bit stuffed up but I'm over most of it. I'm still sleeping a solid 6-7 hours, used to be 8-9 but subs made me sleep in like crazy, guess I have more time in the mornings now! I didn't do much this weekend, I did thoroughly clean my room and kitchen and did some other minor shit around the house I've been putting off. Also some snow shoveling, counting the days until I can ride my motorcycle again :think: I need a winter hobby, was thinking of maybe trying to learn an instrument, could be therapeutic right?
m4zer

Postby cheeps » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Look in tims new thread Quittin time....syd put good info in there about histamine and how it affects you.

Congrats on TWO WEEKS!! You and Tim are what I call jumpbuddies...you are only a few days apart in this whole process.

Yer killin it and that so fucking huge!!!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Mare » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 pm

Congrats on two weeks man! You're doing it!! Very inspiring, happy that you're getting some sleep too!! :thumbup: :cheers2: :clap:
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:02 am

Big congrats on 2 weeks! You are so doing this! I'm thrilled that you're getting some sleep too. That's practically unheard of after a jump & I'm really happy for you. Seems the cold/flu type things are issues for you. Hopefully this will pass very very soon.

Keep up the good work & I hope you find that winter hobby to keep your mind in a good place.
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby m4zer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:03 pm

16 days in and my appetite is still pretty poor, I almost have to make myself eat. Actually got a little light headed earlier from not eating enough breakfast. Think I just gotta eat small ones every once in a while and not the few big ones I used to.
m4zer

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:36 am

Yes, if you don't have an appetite eating small meals could help. I know even when I'm not hungry, I will eat something good for me & I always feel better.

You've got to take good care of yourself now! Are you drinking lots of water?

Hang in there! You're doing great!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby m4zer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:31 pm

I drink plenty of water, no issue with hydration. I barely slept last night, maybe 4 hours between 6ish and 10ish. I had full blown diskinesia in my legs, muscle cramps and twitching. I didn't take any 5HTP yesterday like I had been for around a week, could that cause that kind of rebound? It felt like day 5 insomnia, just awful.
m4zer

Postby Mare » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:35 pm

When I miss my 5htp I have a shit night. Its the precursor for serotonin, serotonin being the precursor for melatonin. So forgetting it could make things worse! Hope you sleep better tonight, don't forget your supplements!
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby m4zer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Just had a very irritating bout of RLS, very similar to what I experienced last night but wide awake at work. Thighs were twitching and my legs would spasm, felt like my brain was misfiring too like tiny little firecrackers going off in my gray matter. Going to the 24/7 CVS after work to get a potassium, zinc, magnesium supplement. It's gone now but I really don't want that to happen again tonight when I try to sleep, I'm still running on just 4 hours of sleep.
m4zer

Postby cheeps » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:30 pm

That shit is sooo frustrating....you should hit sub4sevenYears up. I promoted a product called Hot Shots....runners use it for muscle craps. It's got some dry steam to it and he just said the other day that h didn't use them all....know they are kinda expensive. He also had lots of RLS. If you haven't read his thread, it's worth it.

It helps to switch your mindset too. This is a part of healing in the CNS. It sucks though :deadhorse: :deadhorse: do you know any massage therapists? Is that roller thing helping?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby m4zer » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:15 pm

I'll definitely check his thread, is it in the sub forum? I thankfully went out like a light last night, probably the most restful night so far, a solid 7 hours. Dunno if the zinc/mag/potassium supplement did the trick, I was extremely tired as well. I'm definitely not skipping my supplements any time soon. I felt fine this morning, my nose is finally starting to dry up too.

I'm wondering if I should totally abstain from alcohol and if so for how long? I never drink much anyway, maybe once a month. My friends are throwing their yearly holiday party this Saturday and I'm conflicted on if I should drink at all, if I did it wouldn't be much, maybe like a 6 pack of beer.
m4zer

Postby cheeps » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:21 pm

I think you should party moderately....
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:22 pm

I think you should party moderately....
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby m4zer » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Thanks cheeps! I plan on taking it easy. Being on bupe kind of ruined alcohol for me so I just wanna be careful and see how it affects me now that I'm off it. Might do a trial run tomorrow night with some wine and see how I feel.
m4zer

PreviousNext

Return to General