Family needs help

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

Re: Family needs help

Postby Lucy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:10 am

So sorry to hear that you and your girlfriend are going through this hell. You can trust Cheeps and the advice she gives you. Your girlfriend is very lucky to have someone like you who cares for her so much. I'm sure once she is stable again she will also recognize and appreciate how much you love her and what you have had to deal with. Hang in there and follow the advice you are given and everything will work out ok.
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:40 am

Just got her to take 2mg. She refused the 4mg single dose. I'll try to get her to take another 2mg. We just got back from another run about half hour. She didn't seems to get that lightness this time just depressed and a bit confused..
Over10yrsOn

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:55 am

She is very scared of nitetime. She said it feels like her heart is on fire and it keeps her up at nite...also she feels someone is hurting her or she needs an exorcism... waiting to hear back from sumerhouse.
Over10yrsOn

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:14 am

Thank you Lucy for your support also. She would like to come here soon and take over this username I made but for now she can't focus is very spaced out and hears voices. I pray to get her through this and shed some light if others suffer the same way. She keeps telling me she wants to help people. I'm sure she won't have a job as an X-ray tech by the time this plays out and I miss so much work lately but I have faith. I have too...
Over10yrsOn

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:13 pm

Great news! Got her to take the other 2mg and she needed some hardcore convincing but she is realizing that she needs the subs and she had enough clarity to start to see through the fog. She just took it but the first 2mg today and the 4mg yesterday must be helping her to get here. She was even folding clothes instead of curled up crying and not making sense. she is eating a meal even. Not a big one but I couldn't force a spoon of yogurt on her the last week. Ok so still waiting on a call from Florida.. I'm feeling a bit better. She is still determined to get off but she realizes she was doing more harm by rapidly detoxing.. she will take this account over from me soon. When she's ready...she wants to have all the tools she can to make it work...
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:19 pm

That is excellent NEWS. Don't be afraid to call summer house again...

Keep those meds in her system!

I'm taking a long nap...I'm tired...
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:29 pm

Thank you soooooo much I talked to them and she is going!!! She is so happy. Still a bit emotional and the 4mg seemed to keep her in our realm. So far so good!! I don't know what I would have done without you! I will be forever grateful. This is something you just can't put a price on!! I will keep posting our progress. Her insurance won't cover anything but I have enough money thankfully. I am forever in your debt! Gob bless this forum and all who suffer with addiction.
Somehow someway I will repay you for your kindness and support..
Talk soon.
Over10yrsOn

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 pm

She was slipping into a dark place again. I had to run with her a bit and prayer seems to be a big help.. faith also gives her strength she is fearing nite approaching... :(
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Over10yrsOn wrote:She was slipping into a dark place again. I had to run with her a bit and prayer seems to be a big help.. faith also gives her strength she is fearing nite approaching... :(

It will get better.....she will need to be there for awhile...but we will be here for you two so don't forget us....

Thank you for your kind kind words..... :kiss:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:57 pm

10:30 awaken to her saying they are trying to hurt her. Everything is on fire they are trying to burn her. Her mind is very sensitive and we spent a half hour running up the road and walking back down. It helps some this is much effort. I'm wondering if they can handle this when she gets to Florida...
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:08 pm

They will know what to do.....it could be this will take a while.....she may have to stabilize, come home and taper and then return....The peeps that come in tomorrow should know what to do.

Whatever happens, you both will become educated as what to do. It does take time but it just depends on how soon she can find the right starting point.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:19 pm

I have said the rosary with her and was reading the Bible and it helped her find comfort. I explained faith and it helps her calm. I showed her a fidget spinner and asked was this engineered or was it just made from rocks smashing together? She understood and said engineered. I replied so this earth was it made from rocks smashing together or was it engineered and created. She understands this and it puts her at ease. It took time but now she is reading the Bible. I owe this anology to a friend I also met online. From a project I have been working on. I have found so much help in the right moments from strangers to me once and now they are my friends. I am struggling but I also feel blessed. It has been many weeks from last good rest I have. Somehow I carry on. I am so thankful for the help. Alone I was lost.
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:22 pm

I hope the best for you. Do whatever it takes....But I want you to remember that getting off is just the beginning....the time period after detox is very hard but don't tell her that.....You will have time to learn....She needs to get there and stay there for at least a month...maybe more.

Gotta run....Good luck!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Qweets » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Jeez this is intense. I've never heard of sub withdrawal making someone do that, i think I dropped off 4 or 2mg cold turkey I can't quite remember its been almost a year but I never had paranoia or visions or anything like that. I hope you can get her the help she needs, so sorry you have to go through this but you sound like you care a lot and it sounds like you're doing a wonderful job taking care of the situation. Just stay strong for her.
Qweets

Postby Over10yrsOn » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Last night was rough but easier with tools I learned to use. Running seems to be one of the best ones. She finally got nearly 6 hours of sleep but it was very broken. 2 hours intervals and she now demands to run. I put on some reflection vests and we run then walk and repeat until she feels light. It makes her tired and I see her heavy eyes she will fall asleep but I have to be very quiet because she wakes easily but 2 hours later and she wakes up in a dark place again. We repeat this throughout the day as well as she feels herself going into a dark place she demands to run and walk again. It it tiresome on me. My legs hurt so bad i feel 65. Somehow she keeps going. She is determined to get off this. She told me she would rather be dead than live a life on sub. It makes it hard to get her to take the subs she even tried tricking me today about taking it but I finally convinced her. She is starting to be in this realm more than not. I'm waiting on a deposit from selling my bitcoin and other crypto currency,should be set by tomorrow and I can get her there. Man am I grateful I had those to make this possible. Ill keep posting our story. Hardest shit In my life to go through and I don't have it as bad as her...
Over10yrsOn

Postby Qweets » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:19 pm

It sounds like you're doing a great job and you're doing your best to help her every step of the way, keep it up. Bitcoin and crypto currency, sounds like some dark web stuff there hah ;)
Qweets

Postby Over10yrsOn » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:17 am

I'm up again running and exercising also talking her out of confusion and her feelings of being scared and sad. Her expression on her face is very different than when she not in this state. Most of the daytime yesterday she was better but still nite is very scary for her, It seems to be she feels empty during this time. She says her heart feels like it's gone. Or she is missing certain feelings and she wants them back. This is some of her concerns that she talks about. I'm going to read to her now. She feels like she falls asleep and does the wrong thing. She thinks god wants her to leave me but she doesn't want to. She has told me she thinks I'm going to leave her and that frightens her. She is reliving emotions from her youth. She has speratic memory of her past throughout her days. She fights everyday and wants to help people, her biggest goal. I'll be back soon. Thanks to you all who follow us on this hard road to her recovery. Love is the strongest emotion.....
Over10yrsOn

Postby Over10yrsOn » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:43 am

That money showed up in my bank. Only need to wait on them to tell me what's next. When to book the flights and that jazz. She is scared but she is a fighter..Any prayers would be appreciated greatly. ill keep the updates coming...
Over10yrsOn

Postby Over10yrsOn » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:26 am

Flights booked! Friday is the day.. it's good people like the ones here who came to our rescue when the hospitals let us down. I begged for help she begged for help and they turned us away as she was hurting herself and couldn't go on with this life with these chains. It was here we found guidance and from people who also carry burden's. That must be why Jesus walked with the sinners. I wasn't very religious before this. I guess I believed but now something has changed. There is power in prayer and it gave us strength. The money was even a miracle as well. Someday she can tell you how that came together if she wants. Life is very strange sometimes and I can only imagine how we were chosen for this struggle... we are still very much in the beginning of this journey and I will keep updating until she takes the wheel...
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:13 pm

She will get through this..BUT...once she gets there, it's going to be a different kind of race for her. They should bring her down with short acting opiates (SAOs), benzos, muscle relaxers and other tools they have....so this week, tell her she must do what they ask her to do. It may go against the grain of what is in her mind but they have been doing this long time. They have seen it before. The peeps that work there have a great GREAT deal of experience. Make sure she takes an extra four hundred dollars to get massages with...that helped me soooo fucking much towards the end.

I don't know if they have a treadmill so she can run but you must let them know this is a management tool that is working for her. They allow phone calls and internet but it might be best she doesn't take more than a phone. She may insist on coming home but they watch them like hawks, have cameras that see all except the toilets and showers but I know the first few days are going to be weird for her. She'll either feel very relieved that she's in a safe place or she'll resist and need something to relax her. Prepare yourself for hearing a different woman. If you can tell her she's going to be safe there and tell her to ask them for guidance, company, help...whatever when she is upset....that will help her. Those people are very concerned but of course have to get to know her.

It is going to be a big transition. It is going to take time. You must be the mental Rock for her. This week get her to sign a health care power of attny so you can legally check in on how she is. Those hippa rules might bite you in the ass so call them and check on that. Once she gets there....if she gets pissed because you won't bring her home, she could tell them to tell you to piss off. :gaah: her state of mind is going to be out there....just as you are seeing now. :banghead:

Can you tell' me a name to call you? I feel like I'm talking to rabid, hunchbacked, foaming at the mouth, exhausted concerned werewolf....that picture is kinda strange at this point. :P :P :D
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Crisis Forum