Desperatly need help with PAWS

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

Re: Desperatly need help with PAWS

Postby Don_Pisto » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:57 pm

Joe65 wrote: .... a book by a Dr Gant called End Your Addiction Now ...

I read this book and the author does make some interesting claims that do seem to make sense and I think there is some useful information, but he lost all credibility with me after reading some of his "case studies" where he claims practically instant patient success with various addictions by coming up with a custom amino acid recipe depending on the addition. I'm sorry, but those are pure BS -- the quick fixes that is. I do think increasing key amino acids does help though. I followed his opiate recovery recipe during the last days of my taper and for about 4 months post jump -- I still went through the same crud everyone else does though. Maybe it helped. I think it did. Nowadays I try to get good protein from dietary sources and I'm feeling great. It makes sense that good nutrition is a key step in recovery.
Sub free since June 4, 2015
Don_Pisto

Postby subster58 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi Joe's wife and welcome to SS. Just read your story and we all understand what you are going through. You've gotten the best advice from the best people. I lived on SS for over 2 years while detoxing . I was in hell and had no one to talk to about this evil fucking drug. I was started out at 32mg of subs from a money grubbing asshole.
Thank GOD I found this place. It saved me and I didn't feel so alone trying to get off and stay off subs. I did all the wrong things, spiked, used cried screamed and lost it. The people here helped me out so much and I shall be forever grateful.
You're doing a lot better than you think. When I would spike(take more of regular dose) I hated myself for being such a loser. Many people have done the same. So happy you came back. No judgement ever.
Everyone is different. I had a wicked case of paws too, but it will pass. One day at a time and do the best you can.
I'm a nurse too and we make the worst patients right? lol. I'd much rather be on the giving side and not need help. But I sure needed it. Finally I got it through my thick head to do what was suggested and give in to the people who had made it to the other side. You CAN TOO. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and you really want of this poison. Be kind and gentle and loving to yourself no matter what. Piss and moan all you need to. You are not a loser by any means. You WILL make it to the other side.
Peace,
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Subblind » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:16 am

Hi Tia...wishing well as always...
Subblind

Postby LastAttempt! » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Tia your still around :D Have you been off the subs since 2012? If so that's amazing!
Got this biatch!!! Free of Dope and back on life since 16/01/17!! :D
LastAttempt!

Postby subster58 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:46 pm

HiJoe'swife, is that what you want to be called?? First of all you're not in PAWS yet. You are still detoxing from the subs. Congrats on being off and the slip.. don't worry about it. I slide all over the place, fucked up,used did all the wrong things. I was started at 32mg of subs which is unreal. Yes in April I'll be off subs for 4 years? WOW. Blows me away. You've gotten really good advise from some great people. You're in the right place and I'm glad you found us.
It just takes time and it moves at a snails pace. Just when you think you can't take it for one more second push through it. That's what I finally had to do to not spike. I pissed and moaned and cried all the way.
You're off subs now so that is GREAT even though you feel like shit. It will get better, then suck again and get better. Everyone is different. I got down to a crumb before I stopped. Subs is so powerful and evil you're in the place of still detoxing. And working too. That was something I was unable to do, not by choice but got laid off my nsg job after 23 years at one place. . I also had severe clinical depression and anxiety for years prior to sub detox.
I lived on this site, which saved my ass. I never could of done it alone. Everyone helped me and never judged my fuck ups. You can do it too. You are doing it. If this ole gal can anyone can. I wouldn't worry about PAWS now. You may not get it. Now you just have to be patient with yourself, kind and loving. You're doing all the right things. It just takes time. I used to hate that when I was told, but it is true. We're usually in the space of taking care of others. Now it's our turn to take good care of ourselves. That was hard for me too. Fix the problem then move on o the next problem. Sub detox is the hardest thing I've ever done but well worth it. You're well ahead of the game compared to me.You're off SUBS and that is awesome. So be proud of yourself and keep coming back.
Peace,
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Sub zero » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:56 am

subster58 wrote:It will get better, then suck again and get better.

Yep...I agree. That's pretty much the pattern. From my POV I'd say you feel like shit the first 4-6 weeks...after which things "level out" and improve...then from the 1 year to the 1-1/2 year mark you might or might not get PAWS.
Methadone free since 8/15/2010...Sub free since 9/28/10...Alcohol free since 10/4/16
Sub zero

Postby subster58 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi Joe65, how goes it. Yep been off subs since April 30th 2012. Miracles everywhere. How are you doing?
Peace
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Previous

Return to Crisis Forum