too old for this?

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

too old for this?

Postby toooldforthis » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:27 pm

I'm a little slow on the uptake cuz I don't understand the liquid taper. I am 56 years old and started taking sub in May 2006 - a long time. I'm afraid that as health issues come up, my sub reliance will worsen things. I have wanted to get off it for a long time but I'm a weak weeny. I have been out for just one and a half days and it was already hell trying to sleep last night. I can obtain 5 more sub tablets from the pharmacy, if I want. I break a two milligram tablet into two and then break it again in half, taking a total of one milligram per day - one half in the morning, the other half at night. I don't understand how it works, how many times a day I should do this, what should the taper schedule look like? Thank you for your help.
toooldforthis

Re: Liquid Taper. Start now, here's how:)

Postby cheeps » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:04 pm

Too old......I will help you with this when I get home later. Please check back tonight. Welcome to SS.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Re: Liquid Taper. Start now, here's how:)

Postby Subblind » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:23 pm

You ain't that old...but just hang in there and Cheeps will try and help you...WELCOME..are you only able to get 5 more pills and that's it?and how much did you stop from?
Subblind

Re: too old for this?

Postby cheeps » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:37 pm

You can get thru this and you should get some more sub and we can set you up a proper taper. We advocate a very slow taper. Currently you seem to be taking one mg and dose .5 twice a day?

It would help if we specifically knew more about your experience over the past few years. How much you started with and how you got down to where you are now.

For older peeps it is helpful to do a lot of reading here. While you may see many horror stories...there are far more successes....education about the whole taper and detox from sub is really key to your upcoming process.

We all,consider ourselves to be fucking wusses when it comes to wds but if you taper well...and have a few comfort meds...the outcomes are good.

You've managed to get to one mg and that's some good shit. Kudos to you!

So tell us a little more about your drug use, any real life support, any anxieties, and any questions.

I took your post out of the liquid taper thread and hope you find it here. It's easier for us to keep up with you
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Re: too old for this?

Postby Subblind » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:32 am

How you doing 2 old?
Subblind