detoxing is not easy

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

detoxing is not easy

Postby Joejoe1984 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:26 pm

hello everyone excuse me for my gibberish writing still got the shakes a bit. currently i decided i really hate opiates/subs ive had a pretty intense battle with them in several different locations all over the states and the world. i basicly decide to taper i started in dec 2014 and then took a break because i stated shooting dope again and quickly that destroyed everything in minneapolis and then moved back with my parents in alabama. I have been on subs again since july of 2015. ived weaned myself down to about 1/2 a milligram over the past 6 months but just been scared to jump. i would take maybe a quarter of a mg then another quarter in the afternoon. ijumped 2 days ago and its not that bad do you think its going to get worse or is this about it. just depressed scattered shaky not hungry and sore legs? i want off im so tired of it, suboxone fucks with every aspect of my life i have found joy in nothing except my own stupid ends and thats not me. thanks for your help and i have no idea who anyone is where i live so i really got nothing else to refer to except my own horrible experiences and stuff. joe
Joejoe1984

Re: detoxing is not easy

Postby syd » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi Joe.

Usually takes about 3 days for acute w/d to start. .5mg is still a little high, but doable.

Lots of successful jumpers here. Hope you read around some. It will help prepare you.
syd

Postby Joejoe1984 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:40 pm

Thanks yeah I find my mind is my worst enemy. Kinda just tired of that whole I have to be dependent on something that makes me someone that I am not. I've completely seperated myself from the street and haven't been there in a year what the mid believes the body achieves. I even just got back from iraq and syria with the kurds and was on subs the whole time. Ugh it's just time to get off
Joejoe1984

Postby nootlsjr » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:19 am

Congrats on your decision of resolve. Fear the problem not the solution. No doubt. You will live. Me on the other hand have a greater chance of congestive heart failure. I might not fear death but fear never loving again. Hang in there bro time could be a mother f er. And it could be priceless. Thank you for your sacrifices. Peace
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr

Postby cheeps » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Joe.....live in the bath tub, lots of hot showers, Epsom salts if you have a bath tub. Get some Imodium and take 16 mgs about 6pm, it might help with the heebies...it's not just for the runs. You can use it for two weeks, it takes the edge off. After two weeks, you should leave it alone unless you have to go somewhere and be normal for a few hours.

Glad you are out of the war zone...

Do you have access to a dr?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Joejoe1984 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:49 am

Hey thanks so much for responding it's pretty much a doom zone in my head but I'm staying strong 4 full days with nothin i haven't touched dope in a year but the subs I jumped from a total of .25 mg sometimes once sometimes twice a day it's been like that for about 5 months. Shit plays tricks on your mind though you think I woulda learned a million times over but it is was it is I guess I feel like I small periods where I'm ok if I'm still and then I move its like nope but I just can't be strung on anything anymore for the sake of my own soul
Joejoe1984

Postby syd » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:39 am

The next few days will be your worst. Some of the acute symptoms may slightly subside by Monday.

I know it hard to stay out of your head, when you dont feel like moving. But, moving is the best thing. I would wash one dish, like every half hour, then plop back down on the sofa. Watching comedy shows is a good diversion too.
Drink as much water as you possibly can, to flush the sub out. Avoid processed food. Google Liver Detox and eat the foods they recommend. Opiates are stored in the liver.
syd

Postby cheeps » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:20 pm

Hey joe......how's it going? Vent if you need to.....I have cheese but need some wine.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Return to Crisis Forum