Please Help ~ Suboxone Taper

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

Re: Please Help ~ Suboxone Taper

Postby GettingOffSubASAP » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:41 pm

I want to start tapering right away. I don't want this to be like every other time where I read some posts and then got too busy to deal with the actual taper. I want to start this tomorrow and get the ball rolling. I am so, so eager to get my life back.
What do you pros suggest in regards to tapering?
Let's say I'm on a little less than ½ mg every morning and little less than ¼ mg every night
Shall I start by tapering down to ¼mg every morning and ¼ mg every night?
Then what would I go down to in 10-14 days? And is it better to stay at a dose for the 10 or the 14? I don't want to draw it out too much but I want to do whatever I possible can to lessen the withdrawals once I'm completely off
I'm not too worried about the withdrawals while I'm ON suboxone bc I think that if I know I'm getting more soon, I can push through and be okay every morning and night because I know my next dose is coming soon.
Or is that worse?
Is there any vitamin or specific thing I should be doing now in order to prepare my body for the point in time when I'm completely off suboxone and in bad withdrawals?
I'm sorry for asking so many questions! I just want to do this right and now skip out on anything that can possibly help make this easier even if it's just a tiny thing that makes the smallest difference
GettingOffSubASAP

Postby Eyedotz » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Ok try this. Rotate your doses...I did this in the beginning because it was comforting and got me used to the 'mechanics' of tapering.

Tomorrow: take .25 in the morning - .25 at night
Next day: take .5 in the morning - .25 at night
Repeat. Doing it this way you'll end up somewhere in the middle.

Just take one step at at time making small attainable goals. Don't worry about too many details right now...just start your taper. Rotate doses for 10 days and evaluate how you feel.....Then we come up with plan 2.

As far as how long you stay at current taper...it is up to you and how you feel. As I've said, most people feel the drop between day three and five. You will know when you start to adjust because you'll start sleeping better again and the symptoms will subside. If you are stabilized on day 10 and you can do the next drop .....if you need a couple more days….Take a couple more days. Please keep in mind that when we say 'stabilized' that we mean in the physical sense. You will still feel very tired, lethargic, unmotivated and have difficulty sleeping. Once you get into the routine of tapering you will start to notice a pattern of how things will go for you in future drops. The lower I got the better I started to feel....not so much physically but emotionally.

I don't have further advice regarding supplements/vitamins that wasn't mentioned in the earlier post. Maybe someone else will chime in.... As long as it isn't Freddy the fucker!
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby Subblind » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Hello young lady,you see how eyedotz jumped into hyper mode to help you?RELAX...this is all fucking mental at this point.see how Cheeps described how long the half life is? You need to understand these concepts and not let your brain freak you the fuck out.your going to have to deal with the slight anxiety by taking control of yourself and talking yourself down from the panicky shit.you made up your mind to end this,so now you have to dig your heels in and stare this shit in the face and growl a little.
You may also want to begin to use some supplements of amino acids to help with the re wiring of the brain.being on opiates tricks the brain into a lot of shit and basically damages it.amino acids help to repair that damage from many things I have read...i have heard really great things about 5- HTP and its ability to calm your anxiety.I am not as low in my taper as you are at this point,but I plan on barraging myself with what I suggested above when I get to where you are now.if you want to research for yourself Google up"the Thomas recipe" for opiate detox.
You got a lot of fine people who know their shit here,take some comfort in that.you are gonna be ok,just focus and listen to the girls,these people have been there done that...I still got a long way to go myself but I got the attitude that I'm doing this because I want to,and whatever discomfort there is along the way I will deal with.Fear has to be met head on and pushed away like your shoving a bully out of your personal space with 2 hands to the chest...
Now... Take it easy and do this,your in control and you will handle the bullshit as it come s along.Just pretend your a badass and fight this motherfucker.
Last edited by Subblind on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subblind

Postby Subblind » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:52 pm

:crazy: Oh yeah...did I mention we curse like fucking truck drivers here...BAM :wave:
Subblind

Postby Eyedotz » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:42 am

I love subblind rants! N'nuf said.

Eyedotz

Postby cheeps » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:30 am

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3191

The above is sindysuns liquid taper method.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby GettingOffSubASAP » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:27 pm

Thank you so much cheeps, eyedotz and subblind!
I can't tell you how much of a damn difference it makes to know that I've found some fab gals who have been where I am (and much worse too) and made it all the way through the deepest levels of suboxone hell.
You are all incredibly supportive of one another and I know I can absolutely do this if I have you here to bitch and rant to when it's tough ;) and to cheer with me at the successes. There's just nothing like another person who truly knows what you're going through. So, again, thank you!!!

Today I started the taper. :banana:
I went to ¼mg in the morning and I will take ¼mg later tonight.
I think splitting the dose as I usually do will help keep me sane as I will always know that the next dose is only a little bunch of hours away.
I bought a mini weekly pill box and divided everything up. I travel a lot for business (managing director of a high end event design company) this month so I won't have access to extras doses. I've made sure of that! Only packed exactly what I need for the next 14 days of ¼mg morning and night doses.
From everything I've read so far on the forums, I see that the first few days are a breeze... So I shouldn't have much to report for a few days :cheers2:
Last edited by GettingOffSubASAP on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GettingOffSubASAP

Postby GettingOffSubASAP » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:31 pm

FUUUUUCKITY FUCK!
I had to rewrite that twice before it posted!
Second time I wrote it in notes app first but then got an error notice (?!)
Jesus Christ, when I'm gonna be deeply entrenched in anxietyville I'm going to completely and totally lose my ever loving shit if my posts disappear :suicide2:
GettingOffSubASAP

Postby GettingOffSubASAP » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Had half hour to kill so I started reading through more threads etc here and I started freaking out. :o
I read that anything under 0.75mg causes huge withdrawals, including all the things I'm terrified of
I was just naively and stupidly assuming that since for me personally this is such a small taper (have been taking a little more than ¼ every morning and a little less than ¼ every night for months. Jumped to that about 5 months ago... Before that I had a point of doing ¾mg every day once a day, before that I was on about 1mg split up twice a day but never the same
As I mentioned in a previous post, I never cut perfectly I just ripped little pieces but always same size Ish
Ok no more reading for now. I'm freaking myself out and 45min ago I was feeling confident and reassured in my taper plan :gaah:

Also - is this current area where I am posting the best place to post and receive advice?
I'm new to this whole thing/area of the Internet :) yes I'm 26 and should know more lol
GettingOffSubASAP

Postby subster58 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi and Welcome to SS, everyone is different with detox, although most people have the same symptom at different times, or may not have a certain symptoms . Educate yourself, which you are doing. Drink a shit ton of water and exercise when you can. Post as much as you want, how you are and what you think. I needed all the help I could get and this place saved my ass. I received so much great help going from 32mg to 0mg and made many mistakes along the way. I found it hard to believe that such a small amount was so powerful, poison.
You'll get a lot of help and you have willingness to do what it takes .Lots of people to help you
Peace
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Eyedotz » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:12 pm

Your confidence will come and go. This is normal. Reading horror stories are not recommended. Read my jump thread in the sub sux section.

This is my entire taper thread - The site changed formats and lost most of my posts....on page 1 about 3/4 of the way down you'll see ME at .75mg and below. Read my story...NOT horror stories.
http://www.heroin-detox.com/index.php?threads/12-years-and-im-tapering-off-journal-jumped.20925/

Tell me if I'm wrong but if you were at 1/2 in the am and 1/4 at night then you would have been on .75mg.

You state you will take 1/4 in the am and 1/4 in the pm which equals .50mg. That is a larger drop then I suggested. It appears that you may be dropping more than 30%. Most of the mods on this site recommend a 20% drop and I personally recommend a 10%. Please confirm your dosing schedule?

The drops are very small at low doses.

Eyedotz

Postby Subblind » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Note to my newbie friend...Subblind is not a "fab gal",he is a manly man with manly hobbies! I repeat Subblind is not a"fab gal".now that I've reclaimed my man hood,I hope your doing good today.and stop reading the gotdamn (grandfather would say it like that...)horror stories.so what if you feel like shit a little bit,your getting your fucking life back.its worth a little shit.your already at half an mg and your fine just do the cuts like Dotz is telling you and deal with it as it comes...it may be ok...it's like watching the fucking weather channel before a hurricane.that fucking Jim Cantore gets you all charged up and you go out and spend $500 on batteries and 12 gallons of milk and it's just some fucking wind and a little rain.Wait til the fucking roof is blowing off before you freak out child...
Did I mention I was not a "fab gal"?
Subblind

Postby Don_Pisto » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:32 pm

GettingOffSubASAP wrote:I read that anything under 0.75mg causes huge withdrawals

Hello and welcome,

Sit down and take some deep breaths. :smart: Your not going to have huge withdrawals and wind up shriveled up in a fetal position screaming for someone to shoot you and put you out of your misery. The point of tapering is to avoid "huge withdrawals", and if you go slow and let your body adjust to the drops, you can manage the discomfort to be more of an annoyance instead of outright suffering. Most of it is mental.

You have a couple things going in your favor: your age and not being on a super high dose. I think your going to do great.

DP
Sub free since June 4, 2015
Don_Pisto

Postby cheeps » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:57 pm

Eyedotz is correct....you need to adjust your dose. The rule of thumb is no more than 20% cuts, 10% is good in these lower doses.
The other rule is to physically reach homeostasis and stay there for a week before dropping again. It can take anywhere from 7-14 days to stabilize.

The liquid taper is set up to measure teensy drops.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby GettingOffSubASAP » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Subblind - I laughed so damn hard at ur post! My apologies, macho man! :wink:
Eyedotz - I was previously on just a little more because I never cut and measured properly, I wanted to take equal amounts in the am and pm so I figured I'd up the pm dose a teeny bit and lower the am dose.

I'm about to take off to Miami for the weekend (live In NYC) which should help keep me chilled :smile:
I want to write so much more but need to make sure this posts before we take off!

So far, on day 3 of ¼mg am and ¼mg pm and thank heavens I feel like I always do... Maybe a tiny bit better? Or that might be psychological. I feel the smallest bit less cloudy, I guess that would be the best way to describe it. Not that I usually feel cloudy per se... Lol it's difficult to put it into words in an eloquent manner.
I've been taking the mornin dose at 11am (few min before or after but as close as possible) and the nightly dose around 10:30.
So far, no anxiety which is the most difficult withdrawal symptom for me to handle. It's the only time I've ever experienced anxiety to the level of wanting to punch somebody in the throat and crawl out of my own skin at the same time.

After lowering doses - at which day do the w/ds usually arrive? I've read 3-4 or 6-7.
I will post more Soon - I'm hoping I have only positive things to say!!
Wishing you all a fabulous weekend!
Hannah
GettingOffSubASAP

Postby GettingOffSubASAP » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:21 pm

A quick thank you to Don Pisto and Cheeps as well :)
I'll post properly ASAP!
GettingOffSubASAP

Postby Subblind » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:34 pm

Miami??its gonna be hot as a bastard down there,you may punch someone in the throat in that heat...you sound really stabile and you are gonna kill this I can just tell...your not too far from me in NYC so howdy there neighbor.im out where all the hedge fund executives spend their weekends so,whoppdy damn doo.splitting your dose every 12 hours is what I do as well and find it to work out just fine.have a good time down there and get a fucking Cuban sandwich while your there,best in the world...
Last edited by Subblind on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subblind

Postby Eyedotz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:35 pm

Yeah Subblind is sexist like that! Haha. I love that fucking dude.

For ME (at your mg) I felt it at day 4-6 sometimes 7. I knew because my sleep was worse. I started to notice my head felt 'hot' which later learned it was just anxiety in my head. I tried to separate anxiety/mental shit from the physical shit....that way it didn't feel so overwhelming. It's important to know the anxiety will pass as you get more 'practice' tapering...you will have anxiety during adjustment days but deal with it as it comes. Just stay mentally strong and understand it is the process and don't let anxiety turn to fear. Cool?

~dotz

Eyedotz

Postby Beelzebub11 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi Hannah,

Sounds like you dropped from .75mg to .5mg, which is a fairly significant drop at a low dose. But shit, if you can handle it and stabilize at .5mg, that's awesome. You're well on your way.

If you end up having too many WD symptoms at .5mg, it won't hurt to go up a bit; say to .6mg. If I were you, I'd listen to the highly experienced people such as Eyedotz and Cheeps, as they are very knowledgeable about tapering. If you go down too much too quickly, the WDs may be too intense. There is nothing wrong with a longer, more gentle taper, which typically results in success! Eyedotz's experience is a true testament to this mantra.

Of course, I'm no expert, but when I tapered before, I went too quickly and lost my nerve at the lower doses because I was impatient (plus a lot of other shit going on). I ended up relapsing and starting all over again. I'm sure you're stronger than I was (and I wasn't working on my issues with enough counseling), but my point is: it's okay to go slow! As the more knowledgeable people have said: slow and steady wins the race! Dropping small increments and waiting at least 7-10 days to stabilize will make your taper so much easier. You'll be able to work through it and not want to lie in bed for days at a time.

You've managed to stay at such a low dose for a long time; going slow at this point will really help you be successful! Plus, dropping smaller increments at this point in the game is key. I am a huge weak ticket when it comes to withdrawals, but when I got below 1mg before, I was able to handle the drops when I made smaller cuts = the symptoms were much less pronounced and much more tolerable. Anxiety wasn't nearly as bad, sleep was okay, aches were almost nonexistent, etc.

Regardless, you're making great progress and should hug yourself accordingly. :)
Beating the Sub-Satan-Opiate-Monster one day at a time.
Beelzebub11

Postby GettingOffSubASAP » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:29 am

Hi everyone!
Work has been CRAZY I just got home from one of our biggest clients wedding, been working since 6am (21 hours) but I'm so fkng relieved that it's OVER! 16 months of prep. Millions of dollars and thousands of hours of work... DONE!
I will read the messages I missed and respond in the morning but for now (please pardon the lack of eloquence and coherence as I am beyond exhausted) I wanted to make sure and come on here to let you guys know - I've finished day 6 and aside from a little tiny bit of that anxious, heart racing feeling, and counting down to 10pm (when I take my night dose of 1/4mg) since about 5pm... I've been okay! Thank GD!
I'm almost kind of shocked to be honest
In the best possible way
Craziest part though? Instead of being 100% happy that I'm okay... There's about 5% of me that's upset with myself for not making this jump sooner, for not trying to overcome the fear and taper sooner and get off this terrible med.
stupid right?
Now I cross my fingers and hope that I will continue to be okay!!!
Back in a bit with more
Hugs to all' hope you've all had a fab weekend and that Monday didn't kick anyone in the ass too hard :)
GettingOffSubASAP

PreviousNext

Return to Crisis Forum