Bad crash after rapid detox

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

Re: Bad crash after rapid detox

Postby cheeps » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Ahhh....the internet is a big Baaaaad place Rob. Don't go getting into trouble....the feds prolly watch these kinds of forums. Who knows....anyone can be a sneaky, no good, evil hearted, greedy federal agent lurking in dark, dank, sinful slums like this place. :lol: :P

Oh wait....Who turned the lights off and left the water running? :mrgreen: and someone get THAT poster of Joe Friday outta here.

Around here all we do is skip along shooting rainbows and shiny stars out our asses. :pash: :pash: no trouble here occifer.

I guess I'm tired tonight...the one liners are getting pretty bad. :ogeez: and that fucking dog yapping across the street is getting on my last nerve. :punchballs: :spank:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:18 am

:lol:
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:49 am

How are you today? When you get done in the kitchen, I needs me a cherry pie!

Seriously, I hope this week finds you and gf in a better place!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:05 pm

She has been asking me for her iPad and she has been very depressed. I have been so busy lately but I'm kinda glad I can get some work done. I feel like it's therapeutic for me.. I can see it's going to be a hard road ahead and I finally got to have a night of fishing and some good times with my friends.. I have some awesome friends :)
You are gonna get that cherry pie. :P
I'm gonna keep trying to maintain, more me time is much needed. I think the kitchen will be a nice surprise I hope..
last few days sucked for her so that bothers me. She said they have given her something for her anxiety and some blood pressure stuff. I'll check back in soon.
Over10yrsOn

Postby Lucy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:31 pm

It's really good that you're doing things for yourself, too. As the caretaker, it's all too easy to get burned out and worn down if you forget about your own needs. That can have serious consequences for a relationship, down the track. You're wise to recognize what's good for you and to take some time to do it.

It's standard procedure to give blood pressure and anxiety meds for withdrawal. They will help enormously. Some depression is also pretty common, so not necessarily a cause for concern. Is her level of depression worrying to you? Boredom can be a big problem in a detox ward, especially if you haven't found anyone to talk to, so her iPad could really help her get through those long hours when there are no groups or activities to attend.
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Postby Over10yrsOn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:58 am

Yea her depression is a bit much for me to cope with. She is so negative and she tells me she lost her psychic abilities that I wasn't aware she had really. She thinks because she told me about them or she did something wrong they took them from her. It's a lot for me to wrap my head around. I will send out her iPad today I guess but she researches some strange stuff that I'm not sure is healthy for her brain, but I'm not a doctor so I can't understand. She thinks she is a curse and that my life would be magicaly fantastic if she left me. I'm really worn down from the half truthful lies. Sometimes I'm really close to a breaking point but I don't want to see her give up. She started smoking again and lied about that for a couple days and then told me. She throws a lot of past events in my face but I won't do that to her because I just want her to heal and not feel painful memories of hurtful things she did to me,and herself. This is all so hard. I was up last night very late on a work night upset she continues this behavior and I did my best to explain to her I can't cope with these behaviors. I just want a normal life....
Over10yrsOn

Postby Lucy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:23 am

Oh, man, I'm so sorry you're having to go through all of this. The only thing I can say is that during the detox phase, and for a few months post, people are usually very emotional. They have a very short fuse, and coming out of the fog for the first time in years, things from the past can come rushing back and overwhelm the person. There's no ability to put things in perspective or see things very clearly. This is why in 12 step programs they say the person should get a sponsor (who provides an ear and voice of reason) and attend a meeting every day for the first month, at least.

I know you've put up with so much for so long and all you want to do is help her, but you end up being attacked unfairly. It really hurts when your intentions have been so good and you've done so much. The only comfort at the moment is to keep reminding yourself that she is (obviously, with the strange magical thinking) not in her right mine still. The psychosis hasn't resolved yet, and until it does she won't be the woman you once knew. It will change though and life as you knew it will return. Don't give up hope on that.

It can be so much harder to live with and accept mental illness in someone close because it changes who they are and the way they treat you. It's such a tragedy when someone alienates their loved ones due to delusional accusations. And the pain it causes people to be attacked by someone so close like that is enormous. I'm living through something similar with family, so I really understand how hurt, helpless and confused you might be feeling. I just keep having to remind myself that I love this person and that they are sick. And just as someone with any physical illness is not to blame for their ailment, so is the person afflicted with mental illness. Although, I am not the target of the abuse and unfounded accusations in this case, so it is comparatively easy for me to deal with.
Lucy

Postby cheeps » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:10 am

It's pitiful and crazy at the same time rob....no matter what happens down the road....you will always know you did your best to understand. She's got issues. Proper help post detox is not your worry...except to provide her with the resources, she has to WANT it....she is going to be depressed....you need to listen but all you can do is find resources at this point.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:44 pm

Sadly I will never get back the happy life I once had. At least that's how I feel right now. My brain won't shut up :(
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:30 pm

:thumbdown: We when stress we think too much. I hear you. Don't lean into the future on this...I've stressed more bad SHIT than good. There is good but each person or family deals with things differently so hard to say what is good! :D
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:13 am

Things look hopeless right now because the future feels like this big unknown space that can only be built directly on the crazy that you've been caught up in lately. She will recover from this though, and she will return to being the woman you once knew.

I know it's hard to believe in that, especially when she's still not herself even though she's getting the medical attention she needs. Withdrawal and the recovery from everything is a process that takes time. Try to hold on to the knowledge that thousands of people go through what she is going through and they do recover fully. There's no reason why you won't get the life you knew back as long as you don't give up hope.

It's so important right now that you focus on your own well-being. If that means having minimal contact with her until she's more herself then don't feel like you have to call her every day. Stay close to your friends, eat and sleep well. Do things you enjoy doing just for you. And don't forget we're here if you need to vent. Getting it out helps enormously. Keep us posted.
Lucy

Postby Over10yrsOn » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:26 am

She comes home Friday I'm kinda scared cause I don't want to police her...
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:15 pm

Over10yrsOn wrote:She comes home Friday I'm kinda scared cause I don't want to police her...

Umm....that was mighty fast...do you have a rehab lined up?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:22 am

cheeps wrote:
Over10yrsOn wrote:She comes home Friday I'm kinda scared cause I don't want to police her...

Umm....that was mighty fast...do you have a rehab lined up?

Yeah, that was my immediate reaction too. Is she leaving early or something? She's barely had time to stabilize let alone complete her detox. She still needs professional support 24/7.
Lucy

Postby Over10yrsOn » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:08 pm

Great news! She is stAying longer!
Over10yrsOn

Postby amery2u » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:47 pm

kudos to that, man.

I know you don't know me; just have read and followed. This place is amazing and saved me 2.5 years ago; still clean and driving a Semi now. It's doable.

Wishing you the best, and it's amazing how you take care of your woman. If my man didn't tco me; (between him and Cheeps) I'd be dead.

Heading out with 40K in the tank in about an hour, but just wanted to say...... hang in there.
Sub-Free Since Easter Sunday~ 4/11/2015 . . and still truckin~..~
amery2u

Postby cheeps » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:51 pm

Over10yrsOn wrote:Great news! She is stAying longer!

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!

She needs to stay longer so you can line up rehab!!! :wired: :wired: :wired: :shred: :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:52 pm

amery2u wrote:kudos to that, man.

I know you don't know me; just have read and followed. This place is amazing and saved me 2.5 years ago; still clean and driving a Semi now. It's doable.

Wishing you the best, and it's amazing how you take care of your woman. If my man didn't tco me; (between him and Cheeps) I'd be dead.

Heading out with 40K in the tank in about an hour, but just wanted to say...... hang in there.

If annie can do it ...... :banana: :banana: :banana: anyone can!!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:59 am

Her last dose was Saturday 11:00 pm she has been in constant withdrawal. I'm complete agony :( I keep telling her just a little longer but I'm pretty sure I'm lying. She is very suicidal and lost her drive to get better :,(
It's hard for me to hear this pain from her.
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:35 am

Over10yrsOn wrote:Her last dose was Saturday 11:00 pm she has been in constant withdrawal. I'm complete agony :( I keep telling her just a little longer but I'm pretty sure I'm lying. She is very suicidal and lost her drive to get better :,(
It's hard for me to hear this pain from her.

This is too be expected....this is why this shit is soooo bad and she needs a safe place to go. She may be medically tapered well....but it was still too fast and there wasn't much choice....she was getting very delusional. You can't do anything except protect her from herself. She needs a rehab that occupies her mind. You can't do it rob.

She needs 90 days somewhere that's dual diagnosis. I'm so sorry. It's awful but you didn't do anything but have her safety in mind. Now it's got to continue somewhere....or she will relapse and the cycle will start all over again. :gaah:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Crisis Forum