Help, im new to this suby shit!

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

Help, im new to this suby shit!

Postby Kitz&Tombo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:01 am

I have had problems with drugs for half my life, (im 42) i have two beautiful kids that need the whole me and i've tried alsorts but so far nothing has kept me away even after i've managed to de-tox because nothing in my life changed i think? I have managed to get a first class honours degree and a masters with a distinction but my habit is stopping me going further. I have an appointment with a dr next wk to get prescribed suboxone. However, i also have some here at home. I had my last smoke of H 19and a half hake hours ago and took a 2ml sub, an hr an a half ago, im no whre near stone cold turkeying but just geting chills and runny nose, etc, i was just going to take some more but then i read some posts on here saying that would be a mistake? i have come of methadone before and that was hell whilst on it and even worse coming off it so thought subbys would be the way, what should i do man?????????????Peace and love.
Kitz&Tombo

Re: Help, im new to this suby shit!

Postby syd » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:42 am

Sub is a maintenance drug, just like methadone.

If it's your wish to be free of opiates, run like hell.

If you want to use it as a Short Term detox tool, go as long as possible between doses and keep the dose as small as possible. Cut it up, so that you can take less and less. Be willing to be a little uncomfortable. Use it for no longer than Absolutely necessary. Heroin is SO short acting, I wouldnt use the sub for more than a week.

The question that begs to be answered is, what are you going to do to stay away from opiates in the future????
syd

Postby Kitz&Tombo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi, thanks for your advice, after reading posts on here what you suggest is what im leaning towards, but you have given me more confidence to go for it. The last thing that i want/need is to be chained to a chemist/ drug service's etc. This time, both myself and my partner are going to attempt it at the same time as that was what went wrong last time, i got clean but she was still strung out. Plus, like i said, i have recently finished a masters but felt like a fraud and was scared of applying for the kind of jobs i really want as i felt that people could see right thru me. I have dealt with the issues that got me started in the first place, so i feel that this time if we are both sorted at the same time and i get work which i feel good about, not only will it take up part of my time, i will feel better about myself. Cheers man, mucho appreciated :thumbup:
Kitz&Tombo

Postby cheeps » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:24 pm

You have to do what is right for you....if your partner holds you back, you might need to make some hard decisions.

Do as syd says and use tiny bits, less than a mg...find help for your problems but stay away from sub...its nothing like the other opioids....it does a mental number on your head.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subster58 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi K/T and welcome to ss. Syd and cheeps are spot on. You don't want to change addictions from H to subs, which is a powerful medication that is highly addictive and an evil soul sucking drug. Use it short term if at all. Post frequently so you can get the support you need to get off this shit. With subs less is best. You can do this.
Peace
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Return to Crisis Forum