Taking an opiate for 2 weeks during suboxone withdrawal

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

Taking an opiate for 2 weeks during suboxone withdrawal

Postby BeachMama612 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:21 pm

I'm going to give a brief background of my use, which seems to be standard protocol. I used roxi 30's....up to 4 a day for 3 years and then went on a suboxone maintenance program for an additional 3. The last year I was taking less than 1mg and stopped taking them on December 27, 2015 at .50mg. I am alone in this and I have a very busy job and 2 children to tend to.

Stupidly, I have been taking about 7.5mg of roxi, almost daily for the past two weeks to be able to function enough to take care of my job and kids. I am wondering how bad my w/d is now going to be from the roxi! So stupid.

Any advise/suggestions would be very welcome!
BeachMama612

Re: Taking an opiate for 2 weeks during suboxone withdrawal

Postby Don_Pisto » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Hello and welcome,

There is no easy way to do this. Jumping off from 0.5mg is still kind of a high dose, so I can see you feeling like crap and using the pills to help with the wds.

Others might have better advice, but here's mine:

First gather any and all opiate pills, no matter what name they go by, and flush those motherfuckers down the drain. Seriously. Every. Single. One. Make them gone, like right now.

Second, I would go back to 0.5mg subs and stabilize on it. This might take 10 days or so. After you stabilize, you can do a slow taper down to a lower dose and walk off without feeling like your going to die.

Everyone is unique. Some stop at 0.5mg, like you did, and feel minimal wds, and others feel like they're going to die. Since your a busy lady, with kids and working, to me doing a slow and sensible taper will be good for you. It can be done slowly, and during the taper you can develop better habits, if needed, like adding some moderate exercise, eating better, etc.

It's worth the struggle to get off this stuff. It really is. You can do it if you really want to.
Sub free since June 4, 2015
Don_Pisto

Postby cheeps » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:04 am

Don pistols plan is good....you may want to test the waters and stop the pills for a few days and notice how you feel. If you feel like micro waved dog turd but can still function, you should stay off. If you start puking or feel like you have the worst flu ever, you might start up again at .25 and go for another two weeks.

But...if you can keep a grip (and a damn fine one) on the pills....then test yourself, if need be and you can control the dose, stay on them for another couple weeks and then jump.

You will at some point, have to pay the piper a little. So don't beat yourself up if you fuck up. The only fuck up is spiking the dose on the pills because your tolerance goes up...or spiking the dose on the sub if you chose that.

Either way, come back and tell us how it goes...even if you fuck up. Rome wasn't built with heavy equipment.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subster58 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:48 pm

Hello BeachMomma and welcome to SS; Don and cheeps gave you good advise and a plan. By this time you've made a decision so just wanted to see how you are doing and what you decided to do.
If you want pop in and let us know how you are. There is no judgment here so if you fucked up that's ok and can still come around.
Peace
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby subster58 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi Beachmom, how are you? Did you decide what you're going to do?
Thinking of you and hoping all is going well. This is a good place to vent and has a wealth of info and people who understand where you are coming from.
Hope to hear from you.
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Bupepoop » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:08 pm

Calling out BeachMama612 :MrT: Another "one and done" Crisis Forum poster. Da fuq?

Note to self: "Taking an opiate for 2 weeks during suboxone withdrawal" is just plain fucking stoopid :smart:

Yes, I'm being an asshole because your wasting an opportunity of the priceless support available here. Hope you come back when your really ready to.
Bupe is poop. I'm poop free since 4/4/13
Bupepoop

Return to Crisis Forum