37 days off sub and need some advice

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

Re: 37 days off sub and need some advice

Postby subster58 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Congrats on the new job. Hope things went well today. You can do it. Everyone is nervous the first few days at a new job, that's normal. Like you said if you can go to work half baked you can do this/ Smile, ask for help when you need it to learn the way they want things done. You did dodge a bullet with the other guy. Jail is trouble and you've worked to hard to not back track.
Love ya
Tia
ps I'm good, have a fever again of 102. Went to a villa with 12 family members on the ocean. 4 of us got sick. Had a blast. Thanks for asking
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby finallyoverit7115 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:12 am

Thank you cheeps. My first day went really well... long!! I worked 10am to 8:45pm with no breaks! Come 6pm I thought I couldn't go any longer but I made it. Tomorrow I have to work 8am-8pm so it's gonna be even longer! It's super easy almost boring sometimes but the sales team I work with is super nice and joke around alot so hopefully it won't be too bad when I really get to know everyone.
Oxy Free since 2011
Sub free since July 1, 2015

Music tells the thoughts I cant!
finallyoverit7115

Postby cheeps » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:54 am

Girl....by law you are entitled to breaks and lunch. You gotta remind someone! They want to treat you correctly, they just forgot!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:58 am

Congratulations on the new job....go Britt!!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CTCheryl » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:40 am

So glad to hear the job is starting off well. It's hard to get situated and learn the ropes, but just play the "new girl card" when you have to. You still have to come first right now and like Cheeps said, set the ground rules from the beginning, take your breaks etc. You can wear yourself down pretty easily right now.

Have a good weekend, thinking of you.
CTCheryl

Postby subster58 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:31 am

Hi Britt, wow that's a long ass day. As cheeps posted you are to get 2 15 minute breaks and at least 30 minutes for lunch. I'm sure other people took their breaks and ate. Now today is 12 hours, so I hope they let you have 2 breaks and time off for lunch and dinner. Saturday is probably there busiest day.. Just ask the person who is training you about time off.. You need a break so you don't burn yourself out. How are you feeling? probably don't have time to think about anything but work. Hope you are off on Sunday. You still need to take care of yourself.
You're doing a great job
Love you
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby finallyoverit7115 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm sorry it been a while since I posted I've been soo busy, I've been working crazy hours and me and my husband are separating so it's been hectic in my life.
Good news is I have been going days and not even thinking about suboxone or what I'm going thru. Today is day 101! OMG it feels so good to say that! I made it over 100 and I never thought I could do that, especially just 2 weeks into a job and going thru a divorce! I got this though!
Oxy Free since 2011

finallyoverit7115

Postby cheeps » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:18 am

aw sweetie...that's GREAT news!! So....the job is working out ok?

Congrats on 100 plus days!! you really nailed it and you pushed thru just fine....you are definitely on the "Other Side". Now...never go back!!

Please keep us updated so people can have hope that their detox can be as good as your was!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :cheers2:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subster58 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:24 pm

Wow Britt, congrats on your 100 plus days off subs :banana: :clap: :clap: :clap: working long hours really helped you and make the time fly by. You did so well you didn't have time to think about anything else. Be proud of yourself for all you hard work and kicking subs in the ass. You got this and can give others hope that it can be done. So happy for you
YOU ROCK
Love ya
Tia :shred: :cheers: :cheers:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby amery2u » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:50 pm

CONGRATS, GIRL~!!

music tells the thoughts i can't also!

KUDOS, FOI~!
Sub-Free Since Easter Sunday~ 4/11/2015 . . and still truckin~..~
amery2u

Postby subster58 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi Britt, just stopping by to say hello and hope this finds you doing well. Know you are super busy with work.
Love ya
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby finallyoverit7115 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:08 pm

Again sorry it's been a while... things are going! I'm not going to say good but they are going. I have again lost count on days but I'm getting real close to 4 months clean! And oh my goodness I'm counting in months and not days now!!!!! Work is going good they hired another girl so i lost half my hours which isn't good since I'm doing things on my own now but it is what it is. I'm on a waiting list for the local income housing but there are 7 people ahead of me.

I am somewhat still struggling with y emotions but it's really odd it's almost like I have lost a lot of my emotions. Maybe it's just I expected the separation to be harder... maybe it's just because I still stay at his house at night whole he is gone so it hasn't truly hit me yet. I don't know. I am hoping that I'm just kinda done and it don't hit me once I move out completely.

I hope things are going well for everyone.

Britt
Oxy Free since 2011

finallyoverit7115

Postby subster58 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi Britt, so good to hear from you and wow, you amaze me. You've done so well for some time. You kicked sub in the ass and kept going. You've given many people hope, that it can be done without being a night mare.
Your emotions will come when they do so I wouldn't worry about it. And your in the middle of a divorce too.
I'm blown away. Is having 7 people ahead of you for your apt a long time?. You will have some bumps in the road off and on but you're handling it so well. Counting the time off subs in months instead of days is also positive.
You've got this. Post when you can so we know how you are doing.
Love ya
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby cheeps » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Yes baby girl....keep on doing the things you can do...at work if you do your job well, they will eventually notice and maybe give you back some hours. Sometimes having a job will open doors to find a better job...so keep your eyes open and update your resume. Send it out!

You are doing well off the sub....don't worry about the feeling of emotional flatness. That happens and you may have some ups and downs again when you least expect it.

Maybe the seven in front of you will move somewhere else....my daughter once applied, two years later they called back! Goons....but it wasn't the public housing, it was an Indian affairs get-up. Gotta wonder.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby finallyoverit7115 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:46 am

7 ahead isn't terribly long luckily I got in the 3 bedroom because my girls are more than 5 years apart so they aren't required to share a room (2 bedroom has a year waiting list) but they said that the wait should be around 3-4 months maybe longer if people aren't moving out and maybe sooner if people on the list find a place before their turn. If I could find a job that paid decent so i could afford a normal place my mom has been looking into buying more rentals so she said that she would look into buying a condo for me to rent which would be awesome so I'm still looking around for a better paying job so I could go that route but it's difficult with only 1 month at my current job and 5 years of no working before that. So... not a big deal if it don't work out but slowly trying...
Oxy Free since 2011

finallyoverit7115

Postby subster58 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi Britt, cheeps is right. Keep working where you are and maybe another door will open. In the mean time I'm sure your still looking for another job. Help from your mom would be great. Is there anyway she could help you out now financially? Does she live near you. Rents are so high now due to people who can't qualify to buy a house. I've looked here and it $1500 for a normal place. Higher if you want all the peeps and whistles. I admire you for getting away from your guy and not putting yourself in the position of him getting high all the time. You are motivated to have a better life for you and your girls. That takes guts. You continue to get better and better. Your emotions will come back when they do and least expect them.
Your doing great and have come so far. Be proud of yourself.
Love ya
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby finallyoverit7115 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:26 am

Tia: I'm gonna screen shot that and read it every day! Sometimes things get so hard that the easy way out is to just stay and deal with the relationship. I care about him and I know it's hard for him too and that makes me feel bad. But at the same time there's so much a part of me that just wants better for myself...

Rent here isn't that high thank goodness but still yet a crappy 2 bedroom place is 575-600 and right now I'm only working 16 hours a week. They promoted my friends wife to be my boss and she don't like me very much so I'm getting even less hours than I was. But I spoke with the new GM and he is gonna try and find me a new position to get the rest of my hours. But if he doesn't my friends brother has submitted a rehire request with oreillys for a second job. So hopefully one of the 2 things will come thru for me.

On the side note, yesterday was rough I had that stupid lead suit in again. Idk if it was related to the detox or what but it was a good reminder of why I didn't wanna give into my super cravings I had when u woke up yesterday.
Oxy Free since 2011

finallyoverit7115

Postby subster58 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:20 am

Hi Britt, good for you for not giving in to Freddie the Fucker. Sometimes it will seem to be easier, but it is lies and I'm glad you know the difference. That's HUGE. The lead suit is related to subs. it will come and go. But you have shown that you will not give up or give in. You continue to look for extra work and do the next right thing. All of this is awesome. I know none of this is easy and you have worked so hard for everything. It's worth it and you're worth it. To have a better life for you and your girls. Maybe one day your friend will see the change in you and want what you have, But he has to want it and for now that is not the case. I know you love him, but you're not taking the easy way out. You have determination and fortitude to have a better life free of drugs and subs.
Love you
Tia :kiss:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby subster58 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi Britt, just stopped by to say hello and hoping this finds you well
Love ya
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:09 am

finallyoverit7115 wrote:Tia: I'm gonna screen shot that and read it every day! Sometimes things get so hard that the easy way out is to just stay and deal with the relationship. I care about him and I know it's hard for him too and that makes me feel bad. But at the same time there's so much a part of me that just wants better for myself...

Rent here isn't that high thank goodness but still yet a crappy 2 bedroom place is 575-600 and right now I'm only working 16 hours a week. They promoted my friends wife to be my boss and she don't like me very much so I'm getting even less hours than I was. But I spoke with the new GM and he is gonna try and find me a new position to get the rest of my hours. But if he doesn't my friends brother has submitted a rehire request with oreillys for a second job. So hopefully one of the 2 things will come thru for me.

On the side note, yesterday was rough I had that stupid lead suit in again. Idk if it was related to the detox or what but it was a good reminder of why I didn't wanna give into my super cravings I had when u woke up yesterday.

Yeah britt....when you get stressed a little PAWS kicked in....I'm just so glad it's not that bad for you. Lights sme candles, be good to yourself....do some retail therapy at the dollar tree! ;) ;)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Crisis Forum