37 days off sub and need some advice

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

Re: 37 days off sub and need some advice

Postby finallyoverit7115 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:20 pm

Thanks guys. Things are still going pretty good. Been stressed over my housing situation. There's still 5 people ahead of me but honestly I'm just scared of once I really am moved out. I'm scared I'm gonna start missing him then. I know this is right and if I follow my feelings right now it's just like I don't love him like I used to and I KNOW he didn't treat me right but it's difficult because he don't want me to leave and tells me all the time how much he is hurting and how everything's falling apart and I remember all the many times he left me and I felt like that and it makes me sad for him. So it's like I'm torn between his feelings and mine but I know that I couldnt make him happy the way I feel now. Idk I guess I just needed to rant. Oh the side note I may be going full time at work which will help immensely! I hope all of you are doing good yourself! I'm 4.5 months clean!!!! Goodness that feels so good to say. I've noticed a small difference in in fact that I don't have to take so long to talk myself into doing things I need to!
Oxy Free since 2011
Sub free since July 1, 2015

Music tells the thoughts I cant!
finallyoverit7115

Postby subster58 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:58 pm

hi Britt, good luck in getting the full time job. Hope it works out for you. Feeling of wanting to go back with him are normal. Like a comfortable pair of slippers that are falling apart. You guys are in 2 different places right now and he is using your past to make you want to stay. Has he changed. Is he still slamming the subs? You've worked so hard and come so far my fear is eventually you'll go back to the same old shit. You shooting him up and after awhile why the fuck not, join him. It seems like it would be easier, but in the long run you're the only one that has changed and wants a clean and sober life. Tell him to come back in a year if he can be clean and sober.
You're very emotional right now and need to be real careful not to fall into his BS. Like I know I can be around people who drink or smoke pot, doesn't bother me in the least and I don't want either. Have had that tested several times. But if someone in my life bought coke around I may be able to say no for a short time, or not at all. I just know that I will die if I ever do coke again. My heart couldn't take it, plus I don't know how to stop, and I've stopped many things. You know the answer to your question and I know you need to vent it out. Just think it through to the end and you'll get your answer. Easier isn't always better. You're an awesome girl and deserve the best life has to offer, continue to move forward not back. You can do it. You're worth it.
Love ya
Tia :kiss:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby subster58 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi Britt, just checking in to say hello and see how you are doing. Hoping things are going great and you're still n the fight
love ya
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby finallyoverit7115 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:58 am

Hey guys! I just wanted to give an update! Jan. 1 will make 6 months clean! Oh am I so excited to hit that point! Things are going pretty good... still have days i dont wanna get out of bed and cant seem to make myself happy like i normally can but im kinda thinking this is prob just my norm. Im not gonna be all smiles everyday and im okay with that just need to work on a few things those days but luckily it dont make me wanna use like i expected :) my ex ended up moving out the last week of November so im keeping the house and dont have to live in public housing! So the past month its just been me and my girls and for the most part im happy about that. Work is going good the new GM gave me head receptionist title and a raise!! It seems things are finally coming together but honestly i have to give it all to getting clean... i dont feel held back anymore! I used to tell myself i couldnt do this or that because id have to deal with subs and eventually getting sick but now thats behind me i feel like so much more is possible! I hope everyones doing good and had a good christmas!
Oxy Free since 2011

finallyoverit7115

Postby subster58 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi Brit, so good to hear from you and how well things are going, Good for you Lady. You really worked hard and are seeing the benefits now. Glad you got rid of the ball and chain, which added to your stress. Wow girl you have come so far and congrats on your up coming 6 months off subs. I'm so happy for you and your girls. You can stay at your house. Plus the job situation has improved. ALL positive, ALL GOOD. You are amazing..
Love you,
Tia :kiss:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby subster58 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:08 am

Hi Brit , Happy New year and congrats on your 6 months off subs. You have come so far and doing great. A good way to start the new year. You have worked so hard and pushed through like the champ you are.
So happy for you
Love you
Tia :cheers2: :banana: :D
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby finallyoverit7115 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:55 pm

Hey guys! So i know its been forever since i posted byt I just wanted to come back and give you guys an update :)
Im 9.5 months clean now!!! Everything is still going good. Still working for Nissan and still going thru the divorce.
Been symptom free for a while and go weeks without thinking about subs or anything else. I feel like ive finally made it... i know to still be cautious and i still have my random cravings but nothing i cant get over :)
Anyways I just wanted to let you guys know im still makonging it and vefore i know it ill be having my 1 year celebration!!!
Oxy Free since 2011

finallyoverit7115

Postby subster58 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:14 pm

Hey Brit, so good to hear from you and things are going great. You had the guts and put in a lot of hard work to rid yourself of subs. So proud of you.
Love ya]
Tia :kiss: :clap: :clap: :D
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby cheeps » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:44 pm

finallyoverit7115 wrote:Hey guys! So i know its been forever since i posted byt I just wanted to come back and give you guys an update :)
Im 9.5 months clean now!!! Everything is still going good. Still working for Nissan and still going thru the divorce.
Been symptom free for a while and go weeks without thinking about subs or anything else. I feel like ive finally made it... i know to still be cautious and i still have my random cravings but nothing i cant get over :)
Anyways I just wanted to let you guys know im still makonging it and vefore i know it ill be having my 1 year celebration!!!

Fan fucking tastic!!! There are at least six of you coming up on a year! How's about them apples?! :lol: :thumbup:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Crisis Forum