Bad crash after rapid detox

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

Re: Bad crash after rapid detox

Postby Over10yrsOn » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 pm

She sounds a little better now to early to tell I hope she can keep strong.
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:56 am

As long as she is in a structured environment with therapies around her...people that understand and support her, she'll be ok. It's a rollercoaster ride rob. She's going to go up and down and can flip around instantly. It's very hard and she's probably feeling better Post acute for the next couple of weeks. But after this time period peeps can get very mentally off and discouraged. No sleep, racing thoughts, restless legs....all sorts of stuff comes out.....go back and read the timeframe thread again. Also yups thread....he came off 6mgs.

I'll keep telling you to hope for the best but expect the worst. It's just hard when you've been on that long. She's strong but the body wears you out. It takes time to be anywhere near normal.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:35 am

Your a good man Rob...I'm looking in late here but I have to say she's a lucky girl to have you with her through this...try to keep the future in your sights it may be the only way to over shadow the present...hoping every passing day takes you both closer to better times!!!
Subblind

Postby Over10yrsOn » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:48 am

Right now her biggest obstacle is sleep. She can barely get sleep maybe 2 hours a night. I just got her back home set up a case worker with her insurance company and have her primary doctor appointment in an hour. I bought her valarian root sleep aid but she doesn't want to take anything even herbal. She said everything they gave her didn't help just made her feel wired and still not sleep. I got her on an alkaline diet. The nurses said it would help. She seems so much herself again just maybe a little cranky.
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:33 am

Gosh....so glad you got her out of Florida...I was worried as hell!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:41 am

Rob, tell her not to freak out over the sleep....just rest, lie down, put her feet up whenever she can....for the times she's up, try to be outside....and even though running and exercise are highly necessary, try not to do it later in the evening.

Take lots of hot showers and baths....whatever lets her feel better, she should go with the flow.

Get her a set of earphones and a iPod with slow classical music for bed time...or something lazy and music all the time will help. She shouldn't expect to feel focused but should try to do crafts....maybe tie dying shirts. Rummaging thru thrift stores, the attic, anything that doesn't require fine motor skills.

See the Staying Clean section here. Thread is Heal the Amygdala. Tell her to make a thread....I'll be glad to lock this one...or whatever!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:32 pm

Thank you a tonnnnnnnn! She is ready to make an account.. maybe tonight or tomorrow :) couldn't have got through this without you cheeps!
Over10yrsOn

Postby Lucy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:27 pm

I'm surprised she's back home, but understand Florida is a dangerous place to be right now. (I'm not in the USA.) This insomnia is going to persist for some time. Lack of sleep, over extended periods, will cause serious issues for anyone. With what she has been experiencing lately, she really needs some meds that will allow her to get the sleep she needs. This is essential right now. She's going to be experiencing physical and psychological discomfort and without sleep she will have a lot more difficulty coping with everything. A benzo, a sleeping pill, some seroquel or similar will do the job, but valerian root is unlikely to help at this stage.
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:53 am

Lucy wrote:I'm surprised she's back home, but understand Florida is a dangerous place to be right now. (I'm not in the USA.) This insomnia is going to persist for some time. Lack of sleep, over extended periods, will cause serious issues for anyone. With what she has been experiencing lately, she really needs some meds that will allow her to get the sleep she needs. This is essential right now. She's going to be experiencing physical and psychological discomfort and without sleep she will have a lot more difficulty coping with everything. A benzo, a sleeping pill, some seroquel or similar will do the job, but valerian root is unlikely to help at this stage.

Surprisingly she got some extended rest last night but correct valerian did nothing for her yesterday. But she slept good last night amazingly. Yea Florida was a hurry up mission now she has a case worker to help her get more help.
Over10yrsOn

Postby Lucy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:12 am

Glad to hear it. Our thoughts are with all of you over there during this awful time. I hope she continues to sleep well.
Lucy

Postby Lucy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:36 am

Rob, how are things going. It has been over a week since you last posted an update. Hoping everything is going according to plan.
Lucy

Postby Over10yrsOn » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi friends! Things have been better then I could ask so glad to help get her through these tough times! She is a very strong soul... we actually just got married yesterday and today are on our way to Niagra Falls. Going to spend the week relaxing. She currently is taking nothing had a few weeks of complete insomnia but that has seemed to be getting better now she is sleeping on this train right next to me. I couldn't be happier. I'm so glad she got rid of those handcuffs.. she has been less isolated and more active. We went fishing a couple days ago and she was truly alive.. it can be done with the right attitude and support. It's not easy but anyone can beat this!
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:19 am

Rob! Sooooo glad to hear from you two!

Congratulations you ole married m man and woman!

Please check back and let us know how she does!

Yaaayy!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby amery2u » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:42 am

Congrats, Rob~ to you and the new Missus. I could NOT have overcome this without the man of my LIFE .... I'm super happy she has one .. ie: you! Not everyone is so fortunate. Y'ALL GOT THIS! HOPE YOU ENJOY THE NEW LIFE !!! TOGETHER AS ONE, IS HOW IT IS DONE!!!
Sub-Free Since Easter Sunday~ 4/11/2015 . . and still truckin~..~
amery2u

Previous

Return to Crisis Forum