Bad crash after rapid detox

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

Re: Bad crash after rapid detox

Postby Lucy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:06 am

That's good to hear. How long will she be able to stay there? Keep us posted.
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:13 am

They have 21-30 days estimated but that can change. Everyone is different they say.
Over10yrsOn

Postby Lucy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:33 am

Sounds like a good place if they can be flexible depending on the individual's needs. How is she doing now?
Lucy

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:28 pm

I got my first phone call just she seems to be much more at ease. She is very shy so it will take her a bit I'm sure, but better; absolutely! She told me she think someone scrambled her brain and she can't remember stuff. Like she had a labido? Anyone tell me what that even means? I assured her if she excercises that it will help her brain. I'm going to keep researching how to help people with these addictions and I will keep posting our journey.
Over10yrsOn

Postby Lucy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:15 am

That's good news. Maybe she meant lobotomy, where they used to treat mental illness by severing the connection to the frontal lobes? It zombified people. Don't think she could have meant libido. Anyway, great to hear she's settling in.
Lucy

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:33 am

Yes that's what she said. :(
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:43 am

It is not surprising to hear that....you can lose big chunks of memory....and can stay in a fog over 2mgs....she's being normal. Anytime she feels weird she needs to cozy up to one of the techs, man or woman...they have been on this same journey....give her permission to talk to the men rob....she may feel odd about that unless she thinks it's ok with you.

I met so many interesting peeps during my stay. Some were there for bullshit reasons but most were serious. They come and go....so she needs to let herself "talk" to any men especially staff.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:46 pm

I will assure her it's ok. She told me she had been shy but seems to like her roommate. She calls me once a day. She told me she was feeling wasted and asked them to reduce her meds. I told her they know what they are doing.
Over10yrsOn

Postby Lucy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:58 pm

You're giving her good advice and support. She's in the best hands now and hopefully you'll hear the woman you used to know reappear very soon. Did they have anything to say about those extreme symptoms she was experiencing?
Lucy

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:00 pm

The facility I have not spoke to as of yet. I do plan on calling down to speak with someone... I have been keeping myself busy reconstructing the kitchen and house. I want to surprise her when she comes back.. I almost forgot to eat today I've been so busy. I can't believe I gutted the kitchen completely.. she never really cooked much of anything for me except spaghetti but I hope that changes.. >D
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:40 am

When they first switch you over the SAO cocktail is made strong to cover the strength of the mess you were taking. Since sub is a partial antagonist and doesn't usually produce a high....she'll get a buzz off the cocktail. As Lucy said, they know what they are doing.

I say...enjoy it while you can :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

When she gets home she'll be a limp rag, it's good to get her into her Dr's office ASAP so they can give her some muscle relaxers like baclophen or flexiril. After the first week at home she won't sleep worth a SHIT and she'll have restless legs.

You need to read up on acute wds from sub are like. I'll post you some links later. You had first posted in a thread called PAWS timeline....this thread gives you the rundown.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:04 am

Got to talk to them and they say she's doing good and socializing with everyone.. Then yesterday she called me upset :(
She said she's not doing so hot. She doesn't feel right. She seems to lost her superpowers with god or angels or whatever it is she said I will never understand. She seems to call me only when she wants me to send her something and never calls back when she says she's going too. Like she forgot about me I feel.... makes me sad and I find myself waiting for calls that aren't coming... she has a phone now so it's not like she needs to ask to use the phone. Sometimes I just want to give up.
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:41 pm

Over10yrsOn wrote:Got to talk to them and they say she's doing good and socializing with everyone.. Then yesterday she called me upset :(
She said she's not doing so hot. She doesn't feel right. She seems to lost her superpowers with god or angels or whatever it is she said I will never understand. She seems to call me only when she wants me to send her something and never calls back when she says she's going too. Like she forgot about me I feel.... makes me sad and I find myself waiting for calls that aren't coming... she has a phone now so it's not like she needs to ask to use the phone. Sometimes I just want to give up.

Anytime someone gets to a place like that it becomes this way for the loved ones at home. First off, she's taking some high powered meds to bring her down...sometimes she's sitting around in a haze....then, there are scheduled times for therapy stuff, acupuncture, massage, talking with the staff, eating...its structured but not rigid.

Rob....listen....one of the things she'll be taught is to be selfish about her recovery...we tell peeps all the time that during these times and situations they need to focus on the present only. When I started going down on the meds there, I felt disoriented and most of all, I didn't want to talk to my son, mother, anyone....it was like being in a twilight zone where days and nights blended together and time stood still. All I could focus on was being on that back patio smoking or lurching around the halls and snack room looking for Swiss cake rolls. Most of the guys watched movie after movie...some peeps stayed in there rooms except for meals. It's just a whole different reality.

You went from being the great protector to nothing in a short intense week. :banghead: :banghead: :punchballs:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Cheeps is right. It's a complete change of reality in a place like that. Put that together with her state of mind and the meds they've got her on, it's no wonder she doesn't want to talk. When you're in that situation talking with those close to you is really hard. Also, as she starts to come out of that psychosis she was in, she may well feel embarrassed or ashamed about what you went through with her. You've been her rock but for a little while you've just got to trust in the process with the place she's in and give her the space she needs to heal. Don't drop out of contact. Let her know that you're there and that you are trying to understand and give her what she needs to recover and return to you.
Lucy

Postby Over10yrsOn » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:02 am

Thanks for the advice. This sure is hard. I find her on my mind constantly. She called me twice yesterday the first call she was out there and she was asking me what I ment when I said things to her I have no recollection of. I feel like she is mixing dreams with reality sadly. When I told her I never said that she demanded I did and she only wanted to ask that question and wanted to hurry off the phone. Sadly I was angry; it wasn't a call to say I miss you or love you type of call that I was hoping for. I got so frustrated I told her not to call me anymore but she texted me and I called her back and tried to settle her down. Later that evening she called me in a better state of mind and apologized and said she took a nap and felt better.. I guess I should have remembered she was going back and forth like this before I took her there.. She said she wants to move and can't stay where we live anymore.. She wants to go far away :( I have been working so hard to make our home so nice. I will take it one day at a time. I looked up those places for treatment for after care too.. so much to do..
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:40 pm

It is a big letdown for you, to be sure.

For her....this is like recovering from a terminal illness....one that has just been diagnosed. And she can't process it with a clear mind :ogeez: :punchballs: because she's doing a very hard taper. She's had to totally go from one part of herself....that she wasn't understanding of anyway.....to another that is so alien from anything!

She's delusional about her spirituality and deeply feels abandoned. Whatever childhood mental issues, (like upbringing, unhappiness, esteem problems) are subconsciously haunting her. No wonder she feels like she's lost her mind. Amnesia would be a better illness to have at this point. Look at it as a traumatic brain injury.

It's hard for you....but you have to lower your expectations and get used to dealing with a person who is very lost. If she had even managed a taper without going to detox....there is still a year period afterwards that mental stability seems out of reach. :gaah: :gaah: this is why a rehabilitation place is in order...it protects you from bearing the brunt of her issues. Cognitive behavioral therapy is a huge help....no matter where she goes...this is what type of help she needs. All the meetings and meds in the world won't help until her brain can be retrained. :shred:
It might help you to talk to a professional about this.

You deserve huge kudos for what you've done for her. You must remember this though. You can't fix it for her. You cannot bear that burden....all you can do now is observe, learn, and gather resources. You are a good person Rob, a very good person. Wanna git married? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wiggle: :lol:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Lucy wrote:Cheeps is right. It's a complete change of reality in a place like that. Put that together with her state of mind and the meds they've got her on, it's no wonder she doesn't want to talk. When you're in that situation talking with those close to you is really hard. Also, as she starts to come out of that psychosis she was in, she may well feel embarrassed or ashamed about what you went through with her. You've been her rock but for a little while you've just got to trust in the process with the place she's in and give her the space she needs to heal. Don't drop out of contact. Let her know that you're there and that you are trying to understand and give her what she needs to recover and return to you.

Lucy, I cannot put into words how much I appreciate your incredible wisdom and empathy on this forum. Every day when I clock in I look for your posts. Thank you soooo much! It's fanfuckingtastic to have another set of eyes and ears here....and many have helped over the years....but you are so perceptive and direct. I could step out of here today and hand you the reins and be content to know you'd carry part of the load.

So baby....I'm leaving.

Scared you, didn't I??? :rofl: :rofl: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :blowme:

But I'm serious....you are super good at this and it's because YOU are a damn good peep!! :D 8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:04 pm

LOL My eyes widened in shock when I read that part about you leaving me to it. I felt so humble and touched by the things you said. Thank you, Cheeps. I don't have anywhere near your knowledge on all of this, but I try to give what I can here. You set such a good example and that's because you have the biggest heart I've ever encountered and it is made of solid gold. :thumbup: :kiss:
Lucy

Postby cheeps » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:12 pm

Welll rob...sorry we hijacked your thread....but see what ya did there big boy? Now the next thing that'll happen is I'll go trash someone's thread with horrible personal attacks on their character just to prove I'm an grumpy ole hag and have a black slimy heart. Oh, and I'm a liar too. Weeeell....lets see who I can go fuck with next....
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:49 pm

Ow you are some awesome peeps. There I said peeps. You know she told me today she was a bit angry I was on here talking to other women, but she said as long as it helps me deal with life she's fine... she goes back and forth with me and it's making me weak. I'll push on, I always will. I have to be the person I want the world to be.. we need to care for each other more, feel more and think less.. sometimes when I'm down I listen to Charlie Chapmen "The greatest speach ever made" it keeps me grounded I think.. i have to wake up so early but. Ever can sleep.. I think imma need some therapy soon, lol, but the world needs me so I'm gonna go ahead and keep pushing.. even if I get knocked down 10000 more times.. You know; I'm kinda a bid deal on the internet >D
Over10yrsOn

Previous

Return to Crisis Forum