View from the Promised Land

"Staying Clean" a place to share how you stay clean or got clean

View from the Promised Land

Postby suboxalypsenow » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:33 pm

Hey folks I'm trying to build a lil understanding of what people who have succeeded in staying off subs have in common. I know it's a personal journey but if there's any common ground here it'd be some very helpful knowledge for yours truly. I've been on subs for 7+ years and, after spending the first 5.5 years at 24 mg, have slowly weaned down to 4mg. My only time off subs was in 2010 when I spent 6 months in agony after a quick three-week wean: crazy anxiety, endless nights without proper sleep and all the rest. I have a long journey to go, but want to be as strong as possible when the jump day comes.

So, if you don't mind, I figured it'd be easiest to put this in questionnaire form. I'm most interested in people that were on subs long term (5+ years) and have now been clean a year+, but am excited to hear everyone's input:

1) How long after you jumped did you start to feel "normal" (if ever)? ie sleeping regularly, not waking up in a panic, and having a reasonable amount of energy

2) Which supplements did you take? Vitamins, 5HTP etc.
Did they help?

3) Were you taking any other meds? SSRI's, benzo's, etc
Did they help?

4) What do you consider the single biggest factor that contributed in you beating the odds and staying off this evil concoction?

5) Congrats!!! You deserve it :0

Thank you in advance!
suboxalypsenow

Re: View from the Promised Land

Postby Eyedotz » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:25 pm

Hey man, great handle.

Here are my answers. I was on subs for 13 years and I'm currently 8 months off after 9 month taper from 6mg to .03mg.

1) I felt very few acute w/d's due to very slow taper of 10% drops every 10-14 days. Physically I felt very good by 2 months. After jump I was sleeping 6 hours a night.

2) vitamins and 5 hour energys. Melatonin when tapering to help with sleep.

3) I only took ibuprofen

4) Biggest thing that helped me stay off was determination that I was tapering once and this forum. By posting and helping others keeps my head in the game. Do not be afraid of tapering when it is done right!

5) thank you!
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby suboxalypsenow » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:09 pm

Thanks Mr. Dotz!

Wow, so you could sleep right after jumping. Nice! I assume you mean that 2 months after jumping you were sleeping a full 8 hours? Or is 6 hours normal for you

Also, which 10% jump was the toughest for you?

Ah - another question I forgot to ask:
6) Did you work a fulltime job throughout your wean?

Thank you!
suboxalypsenow

Postby Eyedotz » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:01 pm

And it's ms. Dotz fine sir! No worries.... everyone thinks that! (Read my taper story in the sub sux section...I have a continuing 'post jump' thread but the tapering one may be helpful and answer a ton of your questions. It is a summary so you can blow through it in 15 minutes.

Sleep. I did a LONG taper so the worst sleep I had was under .5mg to .03mg. It was just anxiety ridden, broken and light so I just rolled with the punches. When I actually jumped the 'better' sleep was almost instantaneous because it felt like low dose sub was torturing me (BUT was completely necessary!!!) all along. Yep 6 hours out of the gate. I still sleep 6 hours but I think it's my new normal. I function just fine.

Once you get on a steady taper schedule... it felt like all the drops were exactly the same as the one before because I did it slow enough that my body adjusted properly. I am a huge supporter of split dosing once you get under 1mg. The first couple days of a drop I would feel fine and then day four or five I felt the adjustment for two days and went back to normal baseline. I stayed there for 2 weeks and allowed myself to physically and mentally adjust before dropping again.

Yes. I work full-time and did not miss one day of work pre-jump or post jump. I am the manager of a large department so it was imperative that I was able to work normally. Yes I was tired but I knew this path was temporary.

Feel free to ask me anything, that's why I am here. Welcome to the forum man...we are have a great crew here.
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby suboxalypsenow » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 am

Nice to meet you m'aam :)
Wow - the fact that you worked full time is so impressive. I was thinking of taking some time off, but the issue is I don't even know when I'll need it the most, nor how low I'll need it. So it makes it pretty impossible to plan. Plus I do realize that sitting at home all day is not a solution, but it's difficult for me to envision working in a high stress position while suffering major fatigue. Glad to know someone else did it as well.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Anyone else out there?
suboxalypsenow

Postby cheeps » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:31 pm

You will have better luck reading the sub sux part of the forum....while that may seem arduous and time consuming....your questions will be answered there. This place is small and during the holidays it can get very slow. Even drug users eat turkey and go Xmas shopping! :D
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:53 pm

:lol:
Subblind