Slipped up

"Staying Clean" a place to share how you stay clean or got clean

Slipped up

Postby True85 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi guys,

Don't know if y'all remember me. I got off of subs in May of 2012 and I am and was so grateful for this site. It helped me so much and I achieved my goal which was to get off of subs with the help of people on this site. Well I did not drink or do anything in those two and a half years since I have been off subs. Well the other night I went to a bachelor party and had some drinks I was able to stop and just did a little bit but know my head is all screwed up and i feel cravings coming on. I am upset I did this and just wanted to reach out and vent about it.

Thanks everyone.
Last edited by True85 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
True85

Re: Slipped up

Postby cheeps » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:49 pm

True....I remember you!

Concerning what you did....get some loperamide and dose for a week. Do some every other day to fool your cravings....do Not slip again unless you are willing to go thru the hell. If you had a thread going...go back and read it to see how hard it was to make changes...maybe that would calm you.

Glad you came back!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby True85 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks Cheeps. I thought loperamide was only for opiates. I drank before after opiates. I figured this would kind of be the same. But this felt stronger so I figure its best never to do this again. Thanks again.
Last edited by True85 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
True85

Postby cheeps » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:20 am

Oh shit...I thought nosecandy was damn near everything! I'm a little behind the times! Fuck me :P

I might have done that myself but I hate cocaine...that damn blues shit afterwards is the pits! You aren't the only one to do that....coke is so much like a cocktail. I'm pretty sure I've fucked up my heart from that shit though....

If you need encouragement to stay away from that shit, look for some vids on YouTube....like..."this is your heart on cocaine". That ought to deter you!

What have yu been up to other than that? Hows life?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby True85 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Thanks Cheeps. I have been pretty good. I was pretty much good after the subs at around the 14 month mark. It was a bitch, but definitely doable. But I was always obsessed about relapsing. I stayed strong. I am scared about this slip up with blow. I do not want to have a full blown relapse. I felt a little better today with the cravings and what but the mornings are always rough. I was diagnosed with Obsessive thought disorder and this addiction stuff is one of the subjects that stays on my mind. Please feel free to hit me back cheeps or in a private message. Good seeing your name on here again. You helped so much.
True85

Postby CTCheryl » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:38 am

Hi True, good to see you back on the board, sorry you've been going thru the shit again. The one thing I remember from the rehab I was in, several young lawyers were in there for coke. They lost so much to it. But each of them was ready to leave pretty quickly because the physical symptoms subside pretty quickly. What they said was the worst battle was the mental addiction.

I really think you might want to consider getting in to some kind of group or one on one to help with this. It's just so hard to do alone and a cyber help isn't as good as in person. I'm not suggesting NA or anything, but I truly believe coke is tougher to walk away from in many ways.

So my usual question, what kind of distractions do you have in your life you can expand on and make bigger than this obsession?
CTCheryl

Postby True85 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:04 am

Hey Cheryl,

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your concern and kind words. This weekend was the first time I have done it in 5 years. I only have done it about 10 times in my life. The thing I am worried about is relapsing with opiates because I was told in rehab that if I do one thing I will relapse.

Thanks
Last edited by True85 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
True85

Postby CTCheryl » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:51 am

Oh, I get what you mean, the old if you drink once or smoke a joint, you'll be back down the opiate drain in no time, right? I was told the same thing. I know I've proved it true many times,so there is some merit to that...I also believe you are much more informed now about your own addiction patterns and if you feel now that you are starting down that road again of thinking about it all the time or getting that sweet taste in your mouth, then I do think you need to make some kind of move to distract yourself and change some patterns.

It will be 2 years off everything for me in Nov. I can't tell you I never get cravings anymore or even urges to say fuck it and throw in the towel, I do. Mostly when someone hurts me, or when I am over tired. No one ever said this was easy, but it is worth it. I have so many things in my life now that would never be there if I was still using. And I sure wouldn't be able to swim, walk my dog and play with my grand son, that's for sure.

I hope you can find some kind of help with this, and please know you are not alone with this happening.
CTCheryl

Postby jwmann2 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:39 am

Relapse is very common. It's part of the learning process and you're human. Rather than thinking you completely fell off the wagon and need to enroll in a residential rehab, you may need to look for various forms of exercise to fight those cravings and give your body a natural detox for a while. You may also really vamp up your attendance at local 12 step meetings, speak with a sponsor or friend also in recovery, etc. If you feel your situation is extreme, you may consider reaching out to a treatment center and discuss enrolling in a month long program.
jwmann2

Postby syd » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:18 pm

I believe the success rate for 12 step programs is extremely low. Glad it worked for you...or do you work for it???

Either way, we are not a step friendly board. We prefer to do things under our own power. You are pissing in the wind promoting the steps here.

Embedding your posts with links to rehab facilities isnt the way to go. If you got a story to tell, then tell how you got clean and help others. That's how we operate. You will get a much warmer reception that way.
syd

Return to Staying Clean