Rational Recovery.

"Staying Clean" a place to share how you stay clean or got clean

Rational Recovery.

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:10 am

http://www.rational.org/index.php?id=36

I've done a search so I know this has been mentioned before, but...

I'd noticed a few people banging away about this recovery method/idea on SoberRecovery in opposition to AA but didn't pay much attention as I was doing OK staying off the booze myself by that point, AND I was squeamish of ANY recovery group.

Now with my desperation/firm commitment/powerful thrust/ :D to stay clean I am scraping about looking at anything.

I read the first page and it made enough sense to carry on...in fact on one page the basics of the whole thing is explained. Pretty simple, no bullshit, no Holy Jebus or stuff to buy, just a simple psychological method of looking at things. He calls your addictive voice your Beast (The Whisperer! Ha!)

At the bottom of the second page titled, Bullets for your Beast, he links to a series of messages...takes about 5, minutes to go through. At the end I felt CURED pmsl! :laughpound:

http://www.rational.org/index.php?id=59

I think this is going to become daily reading for me, certainly for the first 6 months or so, and also at times of wavering.

I think..FOR ME at least...it contains all I need to keep that sneaky whispering cunt in his place until he loses power and dies a natural death, in a year or two's time :thumbup:

Again, I know this has been mentioned before, but as I have been around addiction websites since 2005 and not paid any attention, I thought I would flag it up just in case it might help someone who doesn't know about it.
Last Subutex 14th of July...FINALLY SUBSTANCE FREE! In recovery.
RamptonNugget-Beast

Re: Rational Recovery.

Postby Justjules13 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:46 am

I've never seen this, only the SMART meetings.
I liked the part about promising to quit drugs for 200 yrs, because the "beast" has no concept of time. It's the same idea as me replacing the sub I take out of my bottle with water or alcohol. I look at the bottle and it's full, it satisfies the beast. Stupid beast!
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Re: Rational Recovery.

Postby cheeps » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:42 pm

Thanks Rampton....I like Jack and I remember reading this when I got off the methadone. I believe in this. Jack calls him Beast, which is good. We have called him Freddie the Fucker.

Free Will is hard to control but that's what has to be done.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Return to Staying Clean