Naltrexone?

"Staying Clean" a place to share how you stay clean or got clean

Re: Naltrexone?

Postby Justjules13 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:08 pm

I like Elluas Crazy thought number 999!
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:16 pm

Steady thought # 1 shut the fuck up, stop thinking so much, don't take drugs arsehole! :clap: :angel:
Last Subutex 14th of July...FINALLY SUBSTANCE FREE! In recovery.
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby cheeps » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:36 pm

RamptonNugget-Beast wrote:Steady thought # 1 shut the fuck up, stop thinking so much, don't take drugs arsehole! :clap: :angel:

Yep......rampton....this is the hardest time post detox you are going to have....each day is a challenge and the thoughts you have are NORMAL. Hey, you wanted to be normal again, right? Well, you are finally there and it sux major dog dicks. :thumbdown:

You must find an outlet for your excess time....care to crochet? :shrug: :blowme:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:34 am

No...I'm a semiquaver man, myself...HA!

I have lots of stuff to do...in fact I don't have ENOUGH time to do the good healthy stuff I enjoy.

That druggy cunt comes in and elbows the rest out of the he way and puts himself at the front of the queue. He has very, very strong elbows at the moment.

I've taken some good positive action in the last few days. I usually order all the family's repeat meds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but it made Mrs change her password and take responsibility for her own. She is going away for a few days soon so I will be all alone, but I made a promise to continue my non drug condition in her absence - more for my own peace of mind so the whisperer isn't able to make any in roads.

I'm trying... :wtf:
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:42 am

Re: the promise:

Junky bollocks? No sir! Morality, OCD/religious preceptual adherence mean I REALLY won't break THAT promise.

Just need to be careful when the terms and conditions of that promise expire, lol

JOKE!!
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby Justjules13 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:59 am

I find it harder to be tapering or going thru WD when my SO is around. If he's gone I can just look a mess and not worry about planning meals or being up for outings..plus, he doesn't know I'm on sub this time. I've always a excuse to avoid cuddling...my skin feels like someone has taken a cheese grater to it. I feel sorry for him... :wtf:
Guess Mrs Beast is having herself a beast fest latley..Hu? :boobshake:
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Errrm...not really...300mg of Venlafaxine and 225mg of Topamax a day still keep me thinking plutonic, non-ravishing thoughts! :angel:
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Really julesy! Just reading yours - I realise I should think myself lucky I am not still on Subufilth or going through withdrawals.

A wee bit of CRAVING? I really need to start dealing with it in a practical way. If someone new to sobriety (alcohol) were to come to me for advice I would be full of helpful tips how to deal with craving.

Why can't I use the same knowledge/experience on myself in relation to substances? Really, is there a reason, or am I just being fucking stupid??
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Nnnnnnn-nineteen! Double post!
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby Justjules13 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:55 pm

No...your not stupid. Once bitten by the opiate bug we are unfortunately forever susceptible to those thoughts....
Your doing great Beast. It's not easy...
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:52 am

No it isn't. I reckon hopihates could kick beer's ass in a fistfight 100-1. For me anyway. Maybe its just my thang!
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby Justjules13 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:23 am

Crazy thought number 45, build one of these. instructions on utube. Anybody used one?

Don’t try this at home: Researchers use tDCS to release your brain’s strongest opioid painkillers
By Sebastian Anthony on January 2, 2013 at 3:22 pm20 Comments

Share This Article

A team of international researchers headed up by the University of Michigan has used noninvasive transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) to release endogenous opioids — the human body’s most powerful, euphoria-inducing painkillers that are very similar to opiates such as morphine. This approach is significant because releasing these opioids is as simple as strapping a couple of damp sponges to your scalp and attaching a 9-volt battery.

tDCS is a new application of neuroscience that is frankly a little bit scary. Basically, by applying a very small current to your scalp (2 milliamps), you can alter the behavior of neurons in your brain. When we’ve written about tDCS before, it has been used to alter the speed at which your neurons fire, and to alter their neuroplasticity — in other words, tDCS can make you react faster, and learn things faster. This is proven, and has already been used by DARPA to speed up the training of military snipers.

Pain relief from tDCS. Top = more pain; bottom = less pain
Now, it seems, researchers — led by Alexandre DaSilva of the University of Michigian — have found that tDCS, when the electrodes are placed above the motor cortex, releases endogenous μ-opioid. In their study, the patient’s threshold for pain improved by 36%. Clinical pain, caused by conditions such as migraine, was not reduced — but the researchers seem confident that repeated uses of tDCS would also reduce clinical, chronic pain. By boosting the release of natural painkillers, less pharmaceutical opiates are required for managing pain, thus reducing the side effects and the risk of addiction.
Moving forward, DaSilva’s group just finished a larger study that seems to confirm these findings, but further analysis is still required. The team will then move onto long-term trials, to see if chronic pain can be reduced or quashed by tDCS — and whether stimulating different regions of the brain has different effects, or is better for treating patients with different maladies.

At this point, if you’re a tech nerd, you’re probably wondering if you could perform the same trick at home, and get high on your body’s own opioids. In short, yes you could — you could buy a tDCS kit, build it, strap in, and turn the voltage up to 11. But, while this site is indeed called ExtremeTech, we really should suggest that you don’t try this one at home. Leave it to the professionals.

Now read: Curing depression and super-charging cranial capacity with deep brain stimulation

Research paper: doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2012.00093 – “Immediate effects of tDCS on the μ-opioid system of a chronic pain patient”
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby ellua » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:22 am

Jules, very interesting...I'll be anxiously awaiting the first red neck video where they attempt this using said sponge and 9 volt battery - or more likely, a car battery.
July 6, 2007: began sub maintenance @ 16mg
2008-2014: lost in the fog
August 8, 2014: last dose ever of subutex @ .5mg
ellua

Postby AVinLo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:09 pm

Justjules13 wrote:Crazy thought number 45, build one of these. instructions on utube. Anybody used one?

Don’t try this at home: Researchers use tDCS to release your brain’s strongest opioid painkillers
By Sebastian Anthony on January 2, 2013 at 3:22 pm20 Comments

Share This Article

A team of international researchers headed up by the University of Michigan has used noninvasive transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) to release endogenous opioids — the human body’s most powerful, euphoria-inducing painkillers that are very similar to opiates such as morphine. This approach is significant because releasing these opioids is as simple as strapping a couple of damp sponges to your scalp and attaching a 9-volt battery.

tDCS is a new application of neuroscience that is frankly a little bit scary. Basically, by applying a very small current to your scalp (2 milliamps), you can alter the behavior of neurons in your brain. When we’ve written about tDCS before, it has been used to alter the speed at which your neurons fire, and to alter their neuroplasticity — in other words, tDCS can make you react faster, and learn things faster. This is proven, and has already been used by DARPA to speed up the training of military snipers.

Pain relief from tDCS. Top = more pain; bottom = less pain
Now, it seems, researchers — led by Alexandre DaSilva of the University of Michigian — have found that tDCS, when the electrodes are placed above the motor cortex, releases endogenous μ-opioid. In their study, the patient’s threshold for pain improved by 36%. Clinical pain, caused by conditions such as migraine, was not reduced — but the researchers seem confident that repeated uses of tDCS would also reduce clinical, chronic pain. By boosting the release of natural painkillers, less pharmaceutical opiates are required for managing pain, thus reducing the side effects and the risk of addiction.
Moving forward, DaSilva’s group just finished a larger study that seems to confirm these findings, but further analysis is still required. The team will then move onto long-term trials, to see if chronic pain can be reduced or quashed by tDCS — and whether stimulating different regions of the brain has different effects, or is better for treating patients with different maladies.

At this point, if you’re a tech nerd, you’re probably wondering if you could perform the same trick at home, and get high on your body’s own opioids. In short, yes you could — you could buy a tDCS kit, build it, strap in, and turn the voltage up to 11. But, while this site is indeed called ExtremeTech, we really should suggest that you don’t try this one at home. Leave it to the professionals.

Now read: Curing depression and super-charging cranial capacity with deep brain stimulation

Research paper: doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2012.00093 – “Immediate effects of tDCS on the μ-opioid system of a chronic pain patient”

How the hell did I miss this? I love this type of stuff and right up my alley. They actually showed this on "Hack My Brain" on the science channel. The only difference is they were using it to increase creativity. They hooked up the electrodes and shut off the left (dominant side) of the brain temporarily. He was seeing brighter colors, felt more optimistic and was able to perform problem solving tasks much easier and efficiently. The effects last up to 2 hours also. They're saying this will be the new cure for ADHD, depression, etc in the near future. Cutting edge science.
"Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or even a year, but ,eventually, it WILL subside. And, something else will take it's place. If I quit however....it will last forever!"

Tramadol- 2006 to 2011♢Vicodin to Oxy's- 2011 to 2013♢Suboxone- 2013 to 2014♢Quit 3 mg Suboxone on 8/26/14
AVinLo

Postby Justjules13 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:23 pm

Yes AV, it depends on what area of the brain you zap. There are lots of videos on utube about the military using it to better sharp shooters aim and college kids building their own to play video games faster and better. Looks like it's easy to build one....and they do work. Wonder why you don't hear more about it. Guess it's not in the best interest of pharmaceutical companies....
They say the only drawback is you can "see lights" if it's too close to the optic nerve, but otherwise it appears safe.
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby cheeps » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:24 pm

Damn....I'm up for it......I'd sign up for a study. Might need to check in with the local list of studies being done around here.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Staying Clean