honesty helps

"Staying Clean" a place to share how you stay clean or got clean

honesty helps

Postby CaptainCompton » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:01 am

I knew the oxys were getting out of hand but I didn't know how to approach my gp. I felt more comfortable heading out of town for detox than the possible humiliation of what he might say or do. at that point I wasn't abusing but I was crazy as a loon.

I wrote a letter to him. three actually. I wanted to be clear. I felt I was possibly harming myself, while acknowledging the need for pain management. I knew he'd just dismiss me but surprisingly he bent over backwards to ease my conscience and set up referrals.

so I consider honesty my first move toward progress. I know some docs just dump patients, so I feel lucky and grateful. I suspect my effort at sincerity is largely why he didn't show me the door.
CaptainCompton

Re: honesty helps

Postby celticpride4Life » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:01 am

Yeah...Us addicts got years of lying so the honesty gig is solid for sure. Hope it all works for you. BTW, you are crazy as fuck. Nothing wrong with that.
celticpride4Life

Re: honesty helps

Postby Twinturbo4486 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:15 am

Good for you! I heard being honest with your addiction does really help. I'm 20 days clean today on Suboxone but my problem is nobody in my family knows I was ever addicted to anything or even went through the hell of quitting. It's probably going to stay that way because I honestly can't bring myself to tell my mother, father, sisters etc. I know they would all be supportive but I just don't want them to know I made the decisions I made and be disappointed in me.

I took 9 days off work, told them I was going out of town and stayed at a friends house (who doesn't do drugs) to detox that whole time. I think if I would've needed opiates for pain or something I'd be much more open to tell them because I would've needed the medicine for pain. But I just abused them and loved the feeling, that is what I have trouble admitting to my family. Much respect to you for being honest!
Twinturbo4486

Return to Staying Clean