Very important & cliche tips for STAYIN SOBER

"Staying Clean" a place to share how you stay clean or got clean

Very important & cliche tips for STAYIN SOBER

Postby GoodVibrations » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Stayin alive , ah ah ah ah, haha that is what we are trying to do. Here is a quick list that has 'made me stay sober. I can speak very strongly from a personal point from this list because i have tried quitting suboxone 8 times and this is the time working because i am doing this stuff.....

1. Some sort of excersize

2. Just watching what i eat more, and go for the wheat instead of the white. (not necissary obsessing about nutrition, but just makin better decisions with it.

3. Fish oil/ daily vitamin

4. Talk . Talk and talk some more with honest caring people about your addiction problems. this could mean a confidant, good friend or sponsor/meetings.

5. Fake it til you make it. Shit, fake being a really happy person...because eventually you fall into it naturally

6. Start going shopping for new clothes, take pride in your apperance. This WILL build confidence

7. Go do the things you havent done for years because you were on drugs and most likely a home body. Check out the new IMAX movies, arcades,dave adn busters , go out for a nice dinner, plan a cruise, see new exciting things.

If anyone has done all of these while getting/stayhing sober, i am curious.....Because they have saved me
What is the point livin' your life numbed out and not appreciating the beauty in this world. Shit man , we live this once...And once only.

Sub free since 4/14/12
GoodVibrations

Re: Very important & cliche tips for STAYIN SOBER

Postby cheeps » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Number one tip to stay off drugs.

Fire your druggie friends and dealers. Don't go around anyone who has drugs.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby GoodVibrations » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Yes Cheeper, That is a must. I thought it was a total obvious so i didnt list it. But you are right. ITS NESISSARY , NO DOUBT! I've chatted with u on here before, I'd like to know a little more about you. How are you doing with recovery? Been off or on subs lately? How long... and how are you dealing with it in general? I ask because i think you are cool and can possibly help a brotha out. Peace everyone
What is the point livin' your life numbed out and not appreciating the beauty in this world. Shit man , we live this once...And once only.

Sub free since 4/14/12
GoodVibrations

Postby GoodVibrations » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:21 pm

i'M really suprised all the people that have been off subs/methadone for months and months or years and years are not chiming in. What you have to say is GOLD people! Let us newbies here it. Hey, if you helped 1 person out.... thats more than people can say in their entire lifetime.

Sub free since 4/14/12
GoodVibrations

Postby cheeps » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:42 pm

GV....we've been here a while and many new peeps have been told what we we've been through....over and over.

So....start reading other peeps thread instead of us spoon feeding you. There's a shitload of good stuff in all these threads....just read them. :shrug:

I'm coming up on my 4 year anni from methadone...will I post about it? Well...I have... It's called this:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1633
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby GoodVibrations » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Why are you actin kinda like a dick cheeps? Thats great other people posted their experiences. But they wouldnt have gotten there unless they posted it..... You see what i'm saying..

Sub free since 4/14/12
GoodVibrations

Postby cheeps » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 pm

GoodVibrations wrote:Why are you actin kinda like a dick cheeps? Thats great other people posted their experiences. But they wouldnt have gotten there unless they posted it..... You see what i'm saying..

Because you come here all dewy eyed and happy about being off drugs.....WHICH IS A GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT.

But then it seems like you want to be snippy yourself because we all don't want to sit in a therapy circle and tout out our experiences.....

I'm just telling you we have....and you can go read about them.

You've started eleven threads in 7 days...instead of reading to learn...you are demanding us to spoonfeed you. :ogeez:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby GoodVibrations » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:58 pm

ok dont get that worked up about it. ill post less, for you hunny

Sub free since 4/14/12
GoodVibrations

Postby winningduhepic » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 pm

I stay clean by killing myself and then reincarnating myself, then trolling other forums and claiming I am my own grieving mother and then I create dual accounts and have conversations with myself. I stay so busy fucking with real people who are trying to stay clean that I dont have time to claim I am clean. Fuck I dont even know who the fuck I am anymore. Am I dead? Am I alive? Who am I today?
;;;
winningduhepic

Postby KillingMeSoftly » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 pm

I am so pissed off right now I can't even breathe! You are a worthless piece of shit! What the hell have any of these people ever done to you??? This forum and that other foum, are filled with recovering addicts that want
to help each other. Go fuck with your own family and friends. Leave us alone you sick little prick!
KillingMeSoftly

Postby cheeps » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:46 pm

GV...don't phone home......!!!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby jazz » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:54 am

GoodVibrations wrote:Stayin alive , ah ah ah ah, haha that is what we are trying to do. Here is a quick list that has 'made me stay sober. I can speak very strongly from a personal point from this list because i have tried quitting suboxone 8 times and this is the time working because i am doing this stuff.....

1. Some sort of excersize

2. Just watching what i eat more, and go for the wheat instead of the white. (not necissary obsessing about nutrition, but just makin better decisions with it.

3. Fish oil/ daily vitamin

4. Talk . Talk and talk some more with honest caring people about your addiction problems. this could mean a confidant, good friend or sponsor/meetings.

5. Fake it til you make it. Shit, fake being a really happy person...because eventually you fall into it naturally

6. Start going shopping for new clothes, take pride in your apperance. This WILL build confidence

7. Go do the things you havent done for years because you were on drugs and most likely a home body. Check out the new IMAX movies, arcades,dave adn busters , go out for a nice dinner, plan a cruise, see new exciting things.

If anyone has done all of these while getting/stayhing sober, i am curious.....Because they have saved me

Im only 5-6 days clean. But Ive been everywhere! Im not a 12 step fan, but they have some profound truths. Simplicity being one. Like your post, its these simple things that keep you sober, but if you are miserable sober, than its a bit of hell on Earth. We can get clean, but to remain clean, we have to re-dream. I need to focus on new ways to enjoy life. Truthfully for YEARS, due to my emotional pain, getting high was my only excitement. Script refill was the height of my month! I truly turned into a nobody. No hope, no goals, I was just sorta waiting for the morning I wouldn't wake up. And hoping God understood.

Well, i am breathing. We can take the hell we endured and the shit we learned and help the next recovering addict.

So your advice lines up w some of the steps. 24 hours works well for me.

And this site- well, I was gonna take the easy road. I was going to take sub. But this group said that is the harder road. So Ratch and the gang saved me from yet more pain! Im glad the word is out! My heart breaks for the ppl that got conned into subs. Its freakin ridiculous that these folks w all good intentions, got into a bigger pile of crap.

Keep it simple. There is sum wisdom at n.a. but I REFUSE to say, " im an addict." Just reinforces powerlessness! We do have the power!

Good simple advice. We don't need to complicate it.
jazz

Return to Staying Clean