Almost 4 years clean!

"Staying Clean" a place to share how you stay clean or got clean

Almost 4 years clean!

Postby Cale4173 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:20 pm

So a lot of you all know my story. I've been off the website for quite a while. It seems my new life took over. I wanted to come back and share anything anybody has to ask. I know I would have loved somebody to come in and give me advice/help me through it all. And that was cheeps. I love her for that and could never thank her enough! So I'm here to tell anyone what they have left to look forward to, according to where you are in the jumping process. I didn't taper very well so my withdrawals could very well differ from anyone else's. I kinda just literally jumped off. I know it's not an easy path but it is doable. Stay strong, and always ONLY look forward. I kept a journal. Wrote in it everyday to the point where i would forget? Bc that day wasn't so bad. And then I'd see it and write again. And the writing went from days apart, to weeks apart, to months apart. Now my mom has it because she likes to show it off :shock: there's some pretty embarrassing stuff in there too lol but that's ok. Anyone reading this, or even just wondering if you should stop. Just go for it. There's not really much to lose, there's more to gain on the other side. I can promise you that.
Last dose of sub. ---July 28, 2014
First and last jump!
I did what I once thought was impossible!
Cale4173

Re: Almost 4 years clean!

Postby cheeps » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:23 am

Ah youth!! Not saying you didn't suffer...because I know you did....but you were so strong and determined. You pushed through at a time many peeps would have given up. Wow...four years soon...that's just really fantastic! I love you sweetie!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Cale4173 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Thank you cheeps! And yea I know four years is a long time! Time has been flying by lately. But In a good way. I have learned so much from this long horrid ordeal. I'll keep on pushing through. It's weird though depression still hits me every now and then. And I know it's not like me to have those feelings, I'm not sure if w/ds still lingers in me or if it's actually just me and my brain? If anyone knows that would be great! But I refuse to take any kind of medication to fix my problems (unless I actually have to) so any advice would be nice! Hope everyone is doing well!
Last dose of sub. ---July 28, 2014
First and last jump!
I did what I once thought was impossible!
Cale4173

Postby Lucy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:30 am

I've read some of your old posts in some of the long taper threads here, Cale. It's great to see someone post again with such a great success story and years now of clean time. You did such a great thing for yourself and everyone close to you.
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Return to Staying Clean