FOR THOSE THAT KNEW FRIEDA

Please post, share, or read your personal story here

Re: FOR THOSE THAT KNEW FRIEDA

Postby So Cal » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:44 pm

my drawing of frieda about 20 yrs ago.
Last edited by So Cal on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby celticpride4Life » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Wow bro, you got me all sad now. Great picture my brother. You have got some legit talent!

celticpride4Life

Postby So Cal » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:21 am

Thanks CP,,and thanks for straightenin up the drawing,,I did fuck up when i started shading hair,,,,if i had kept goin she would have ended up with dark hair and i wanted it blonde so i just stopped ,,,and never got back to it and did a few more things that needed done.
It was wierd,,i hadnt drawn anything in yrs and one day i just got the urge to . I used to draw everyday cause i liked it and i kept pushing myself to learn more and get better,,but now,,its not fun,,its like a job ,,and that sucks,,
So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby So Cal » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:28 am

angiefly2 wrote:remarkable picture!!!!!! I'm so glad you have Julie because I know it helps you get through a lot and she's really a great friend to you from what you've told me. Julie you are wicked cool for all you do. :cheers2:

yup,,she is a very unique friend!,,to say the least,,but we just kinda clicked ,,and at a very crucial time in my life. she's my best buddy!,,one of them,,and i consider you a friend too,,most people on this forum i feel are freinds to me.
So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby Sam Bailey (#9623) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:50 am

So Cal wrote: the damn broke this mornin,,first time i let myself think too long ,,every time i do this happens and once it does it takes a long time to stop,,and it dont make me feel any better ,,so thats why i have a certain amount of time to think of her before i make myself stop!
I see people who have moved on,,even re-married and i feel a kind of digust when i think of them. I mean sure ,,it beats the pain and lonliness,,,but so what!
TT

U ever have considderd a Grief Support Group? all respect socal but since u're still livin, since u still alive maybe it time u start reallly livin your life. eazy for me to say this thing i know, & im sorry if this not come out right way, but u sound so dammed sad. & of course thats normal. but the "so what" u wrote, i dont know. seem to me that u not longer giving life, or God a chance to touch you.to take u wherever u suposed to go. this "so what" sound like a big giant wall so as nobody else get allowed in. maybe not good for u? or your kids? i dont know, sorry, maybe im out of line. if so i am sorry.
Sam Bailey (#9623)

Postby So Cal » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:50 pm

no,,your not out of line,,on the contrary,,you about nailed it i guess,,but no grief support groups yet,,still thinkin on it,,only been 14 months,,and as for the wall,,my kids never see it,,I dont hide everything from them and they know i miss her and we have talked,,but right now it seems they have dealt with it very good and are doing well ,,so now i dont let them see me down and i know how to put on the good father face and do what i gotta do ,,and i dont think they see it. they know how much i loved her and know there wont be anyone else but they are just starting out on their own life now,,ones gettin close to eighteen and the other 16yr old got pregnant ,,due in two months and her life is pretty much occupied with the pregnancy and the boyfriend. This was an unexpected thing,,but instead of goin off and all that i just went out bought her a crib and being as supportive as possible. they both live here with me and want to keep it that way as long as possible,,even gave up the master bedroom and started tryin to learn to see them as man and wife getting ready to start a family of their own. she's way too young but the first thing i told myself is ,,hey,,its a done deal,,so make the best of it,,and thats what im doin.
TT
So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby 10lives » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:05 pm

I didn't know freida but.....

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there,I do not sleep,
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning's hush,
I am the soft uplifting rush.
Of quiet birds in circling flight,
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there,
I'm by your side.
10lives

Postby So Cal » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:32 am

[quote="10lives"]I didn't know freida but.....

I am not there,
I'm by your side.[/quote

WOW,,i just seen this post and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :thumbup: ,,i really apriciate it,,the poem is awesome and truthful!!!
TT
So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby fran » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:32 am

So Cal wrote:
10lives wrote:I didn't know freida but.....

I am not there,
I'm by your side.[/quote

WOW,,i just seen this post and THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :thumbup: ,,i really apriciate it,,the poem is awesome and truthful!!!
TT

That is so beautiful, for a beautiful person.
Fran
fran

Postby fran » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:37 am

So Cal wrote:http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/168300_190862590934359_100000318570536_555368_2822281_n.jpg

dont know how to straighten it

WOW :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Fran
fran

Postby 620tcat » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:37 am

I have read this thread many times Tattoo. You are a good man and I think it is important that you talk about Frieda.
I remember you coming on TDF and tellin us all you wanted to get your wife on the board to talk and for us to be nice to her lol. Do you remember that ? I just wanted you to know that I think about Frieda too and I don't post about it because I am either afraid I will say the wrong thing or I just don't want to accept her passing or both. I guess there is nothing I can say but I wanted you to know I think you are a great guy. I know Frieda would be or is proud of you for the way you are taking care of everything.
620tcat
Executive Member

Postby So Cal » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:59 am

thanks ALOT T-cat!,,that means alot to me,,,and yea i remeber,,she had never even been on a computer before but befor long she yappin like she does ,,,did on the phone. Hell ratch even gave her a forum of her own just to keep her quite!!,,lol,,,I just showed you by jokin dude that you can say ,,,and talk about frieda anytime,,and you will never say the wrong thing cause you cared about so much,,,and the only way i learned to deal with it was to NOT deal with it,,i wont let myself think too long,,,and ive learned when i get close to that point ,,it goes back into the back of the closet.,,,thats the best i could do but it works,,,and ive even been able to joke a little bit,,,like my nieghbors tell me stuff she did that had me laughin my ass off for a minute!!!you know i went inpatient to get off benzo's?,,, i mean i was bangin my head against the wall sick and while im talkin to her on the phone the nieghbors were over smokin dope and she's askin me ,,,man,,you must be really sick huh? while she's tryin not to laugh as she throws a few xanax in her mouth,,,the nieghbors said they were rollin on the floor through that whole conversation while she fucked with me!!!,,But that was frieda,,if you had ever met her in person she'd have you laughin about somethin within a minute!
Im gettin better t-cat and you talk about frieda anytime you feel like it,,you were on of my first friends on the internet and i'll never forget the problem at the time,,and i was serious as a heartattack about leavin this keyboard and help in real life if i could,,didnt have many friends but you were the first i think!,,and you still are,\
love ya bro

oh yea,,i forgot,,we would get high on z's and we were seperated and would get on here and argue with each other and everybody else would just sit back and watch the crazy couple!!,,i'll always love her,,and will never go through the hassle of another relationship, 20 yrs was plenty! :shrug:
So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby So Cal » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:22 am

i used to take my daughters and sit on this bridge,,practically in our back yard aand they would throw pebbles in creek,,I had some good times with my girls playin around on this bridge thAAT HAS been around since the begining of time!
So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby So Cal » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:12 am

Imagedont know why but pictures that were posted seem to have disapered?,,,I dont know,,but here's a pic of your grandaughter frieda!Image

we sure do miss you and wish you were here!,,sometimes this whole situation is a bit too much for me,,whereas i know if you were here things would happy and lively,,,and the kids would want to stay here. Right now?,,not so much! :shrug: ,,as for me?,,,still hangin in there doin my best and always loving you!
TT
So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby So Cal » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:35 am

great time at the happiest place on earth!!!
So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby So Cal » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:51 am

So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby So Cal » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:56 am

So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby So Cal » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:57 am

So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby So Cal » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:01 pm

So Cal
Local Fixture

Postby toto » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:07 pm

Tommy, hope it's ok to post after all these months.
This is the first time I saw those pics of Frieda and her grave. Beautiful grave, bro'.
Frieda was a special person with a big heart. She was there for me many, many times.
I love your idea of your ashes being scattered over her grave. I've been with Nick from 18 years. We can't afford funerals or don't want them either. But we love the ocean and fishing. Our game plan is that when I pass, and of course I want to first as I'd be lost without him, then he'll have me creamated, then forget the damn permits, just put me in a small box and then scattered me into the sea.
Then he can be with me everytime he goes fishing.
I know this sounds silly but that thought makes me happy. So, this is the only time I'll post at this thread.
Just wanted to tell you that I know how much you loved each other.
Frieda, my sister, rest in peace and I'll see you beyond the pearly gates of Heaven.
God Bless, with Love, Natasha.
toto
Sr. member, still in OZ

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Stories