Freedom From Fear

Please post, share, or read your personal story here

Re: Freedom From Fear

Postby AddictAJ » Thu May 31, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi Brit! Congrats on a whole year off sub! It's nice to see updates like this; motivates people like me to keep banking time.

You rock!

AJ
"The past is a ghost, the future a dream, and all we ever have is now. Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby

Sub-Free February 1, 2012
AddictAJ

Postby runthemachine » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:20 am

xenofears wrote:CP -- Guy has been on opiates for 35 years, he makes some interesting stories about them and other drugs. He's on Sub now, for a while now I can't guess how long, and was getting the emotional, numbness/dumbed-out and lethargic side-effects that he didn't fully appreciate until he read our stories and Ratch's stickies especially, and had the prodding of his wife and child to help him realize and get him here. He thanks Ratch for running the site and goes on to psychoanalyze him playfully. Anyway then he tries to stop and has a miserable time, gets back on and tapers and has a miserable time. He's currently on half a mg, not physically miserable but mentally in a rough place (he seems to have all his wits about him to me!) Oh, and he's got a Valium addiction.

So Brit, do you want us to respond to you? Why did you post your email address when you are making a post at a forum? And I'm hurt you didn't think to mention ME if you are "stalking" the forum, I surely have the experience of Ratch and then some (benzo experience for instance), and have put a ton of work into this site :P

Ratch may enjoy your story, whenever he finds the time to come on and read it these days.

....omg. I am STILL wiping the tears from my eyes!!! Xeno, that was fucking hiLARious!!! How have I not read this until this morning??? "He thanks Ratch for running the site and goes on to psychoanalyze him playfully"... I'm DYING over here!!! Possibly the best 'synopsis' I've ever read of ANYthing!! And thanks for 'dumbing it down' for CP (Love ya, Broham! =).

Wow... that was crazy-funny, and I really needed that full-blown belly laugh this morning, Xeno. Late to the party or not, that was gold, my Friend. Thanx.
:laughpound: :laughpound: :laughpound:

Yours,
G
Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Postby Brit48 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:25 pm

That I am.
Brit48

Postby BOAG » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Conrats, Alphie... many people have tried to do what you have done, and failed. Good to hear you are getting along. :cheers2:
"I never thought you'd be a junkie because heroin is so passé"
BOAG
Local Fixture

Later yet

Postby Brit48 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi everyone. Still off the sub, thank you very much. Just wanted to point out there is a pretty good article on Suboxone in the health section of the New York Times today, available on line. It doesn't address the horrors of coming off it, but the history and all is interesting. Bunch of bastrards.
Best, Brit48
Brit48

Postby mano » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:15 pm

How are you feeling after 2+ years off sub, may I ask? Always curious to hear how others are doing in the long term, especially the above 40 crowd. The younger pups seem to bounce back OK for the most part.

Congratulations!!
mano
Local Fixture

Postby Justjules13 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:27 pm

I read that article in the Times this morning. I was glad to see the author rake Reckitt over the coals about their sleazy business practices and attempt at preventing generic Sub. I was surprised to read that Drs got huge kickbacks in cash from Reckitt...I knew they gave them trips and perks.
I was disappointed that the author didn't address the fact that sub is basically socially expectable methadone...just another lousy lab made replacement opiate, and nothing really new..
Congratulations on your continued recovery Brit. It's great to have you checking in. You should do it more often!
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Previous

Return to Personal Stories