The good, the bad, the ugly of life after subs

Please post, share, or read your personal story here

Re: The good, the bad, the ugly of life after subs

Postby Subblind » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:18 am

Your daughters sound wonderful...,and I'm sure they are happy to help.hope you start bouncing back from that last round and every day gets a bit easier.thanks for checking in with us....rest and feel better!! SB
Subblind

Postby subster58 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:27 am

Hi Subb, thanks for being my cheering section. I go back on the 11th for my next chemo0 then I'm asking for a PET scan. At least I'll have a few days to recover from the last tx. My daughters are awesome and will help me with what ever I need. I am very blessed to have them in my life. Hope your wife continues to do well.
Love
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Subblind » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:16 pm

:kiss: thinking of you...
Subblind

Postby Subblind » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:44 pm

You posted on stephs page...hope that means your feeling good!!!hope...
Subblind

Postby Subblind » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:30 pm

:wave: Hi... :wave:
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:00 pm

SB....she's prolly sitting on her ass by the ocean sipping a strawberry rum daiquiri....we might need to go down to Florida to save her from herself! 8-) 8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:03 am

:wave: HI AGAIN :wave:
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:37 am

Tia Marie.....we're gonna come drink or few with you!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:53 pm

Saying hello to you on Labor Day,hope you well...
Subblind

Postby subster58 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi Guys, I'm still breathing. I'd hurl if I drank any alcohol. Never could drink. That's why I loved drugs so much.
I go for another chemo tx on Monday. This shi is killing me, but the last dose of chemo was better as the md d'cd one bag out of 6 bags of IV meds. SE weren't as bad physically. Mentally is another story. I've been so weak.I believe I'll have another PET scan 6 weeks after my heavy duty chemo. Every week some MD's meet and review certain cases. They said I was a stage 4 due to the cancer leaving my breast and going to 4 other places. The chemo has killed 4 of the cancer nodes but it only takes one cell to grow somewhere else where.

Thanks for checking in on me.
Love you
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby cheeps » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:15 am

Hey sweetie....you are so stronger whether you believe it or not! I think about you so much..... :pash: :pash: Give them hell and beat them with a cane if they don't come correct! Love you silly!! :mrgreen: :boobshake: :banana: :blowme:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subster58 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:52 am

Hi Guys, checking in. Had a CT scan of my lungs and it was normal. I was surprised since I have smoked cigs for too many years. They are using me in a case study where MD's look at all test results and give a plan. They aren't going to do a mastectomy since the cancer has spread already. I'm going to get chemo every 3 weeks forever. My doc said I have to learn to live with cancer and the chemo will give me 4-5 years before I kick the bucket. Not happy with the plan. Having a mastectomy at this point would make the cancer spread more. I can stop the chemo anytime I want. Will have tests done every 6-8 weeks to check if the cancer has spread more. I'm all fucked up about the visit I had yesterday.. I will take the chemo for as long as I can take it and it's still can spread more. fuck. I believe if I'm going to die anyway why torture myself with more chemo, deal with the side effects and die anyway. Just venting now..
love you
Tia :kiss: :boobshake: :boobshake:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby cheeps » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:40 am

Awww....you've just gotta keep going....one of these days it will seem worth it. Try to love as many things in a day as you can. :kiss: :pash:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:02 am

Tia,I'm thinking of you honey....I hope your staying as comfortable as possible and I will continue to say a prayer for you...enjoy every day to its fullest my friend,and think positive thoughts...always my best regards...SB
Subblind

Postby subster58 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:52 pm

Thanks so much ladies. Just found out my insurance won't be paying for my chemo anymore. My co-pay would be $800 a month, plus another $500 for meds etc. They are trying to find a grant for me. other wise IV chemo will be done. See the oncologist again on Friday and maybe they can give me a different med. Everything is up in the air until I see the doc. NO way can I afford it. I'm already receiving help from 2 family members, which I am very grateful for.

The hurricane missed us by a hair. Still have all my shutters up, and all the crap that was in my back yard is in my spare room. A real mess. but no damage like I had will Wilma which was a 3. So I feel very lucky. Better to be safe than sorry by not being prepared. I stayed with my daughter. I wanted to stay home alone but they weren't having it and said I was so stubborn. True. I really feel for the people who got hammered. Cheeps how did things go with you?
love ya
Tia :kiss: :boobshake:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Subblind » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:32 pm

FUCKING HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE THE MOST FUCKING VIAL PIECES OF SHIT ON THIS PLANET...!!!...!!!...!!!
How can they do that to anyone,and how could your fucking Drs let them? I'm so fucking enraged right now I feel like I'm gonna have a fucking stroke.!.!.! Another ramification of fucking Obamacare,no doubt...I need to go calm down some Tia...I will add more later...

PS Cheeps made out ok with the storm,lost power and it may STILL be out now,but no damage...
Subblind

Postby subster58 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:31 pm

-
Hi SB, didn't want to give you a stroke. I've been dealing with Insurance and copays for so long. It drives me mad. All I can do is the best I can. I had chemo and 3 injections in my back in one week. Too much. I )ended up having 5 falls trying to get back to bed but my legs would not work. It's rabdomolsis(sp is off ) My ADT button didn't work. Took me 2 hours to crawl on the floor to call my daughter. She came at 4:30am and got me back in bed . It's a disease where there are no protiens in the muscles in my legs. She stayed with me for 4 days until I could see the doc who gave me 2 more meds. Everything hurts...fuck...just venting. This to shall pass and more shit will fall...lol....Alone now and just taking it slow..
Hope everyone is doing well
Peace
Tia :banghead: :ogeez: :kiss:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Subblind » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Oh Tia,just seen this post now...,sorry...you didn't give me a stroke,just felt like it from being so pissed off at the whole insurance nightmare we a have to deal with.when my Wendy went through it I felt like it was MY full time job to keep all that shit in check,and it wasn't nearly as bad as it is NOW (THANKYOU OFUCKINGBAMA)
Her after care became more difficult than her actual acute phase.

I'm so fucking sorry to hear about you falling and going through that all by yourself...really very sorry you had to deal with that ALONE...you think it's time to stay with your daughter on a full time basis.?.?.?im sure that's a tough pill to swallow but...you may have to sweety...just always remember,you took care of them...,now it may be time for them to be that close.?.?.?

Always wishing you the best my friend,sorry it took so long to reply... :ogeez: please keep in touch :kiss:
Subblind

Postby subster58 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:17 pm

Thanks cheeps and SB, that's a big pill to swallow, but you are right about moving. My younger daughter has a small building in her back yard and she wants me to put in a small bath and kitchen in the room for privacy. Long ago I was able to buy many new things in my house. I know it's only stuff, but I would have to get rid of 80% antiques etc. I'll never have that kind of money again. Spouse died of stage 4 melanoma of the brain. he was the money maker. I was just a nurse and you don't get into nursing for the money that's for sure.
Just like getting off subs one day at a time, and HELL
The swelling in my ankle and knee are decreasing but hurt like hell from the wicked fall. :banghead:

Hope you guys are doing well
Love ya
Tia :kiss: :cheers:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby subster58 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi Everyone, hoping things are going well with you.

I'm feeling better the past few days. Was able to go food shopping by myself. yaaaaaaaaaaaaa. A milestone. I was so happy to be able to do it. First time in some time. Taking advantage of the feel good times as I have chemo again on the 28th. It's up and down. I believe that going from 32mg of subs to 0 help prepare me for cancer.
Anyone who gets off subs is a miracle. If I can do that with the help of the great people on SS, I can do anything.
Anyone who's getting off subs, struggling, my hats off to you. If I can do it so can you. It's so worth it. I know it sucks but you'll feel so much better. I know that it feels like it takes forever, a snails pace. You are not alone and this site saved my ass.

Peace
Tia :D
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Stories