The good, the bad, the ugly of life after subs

Please post, share, or read your personal story here

Re: The good, the bad, the ugly of life after subs

Postby Subblind » Tue May 24, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi... You ok?? :o
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Wed May 25, 2016 11:38 am

Hey girlie...I've been busy as fuck and had a case of cellulitis in my leg with the TKR. But I'm good and I hope you are too....ill pm you tonight!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Wed May 25, 2016 7:25 pm

Cheeps...WTF IS cellulitis with TKR?? If you don't mind me asking.
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Wed May 25, 2016 10:10 pm

Cellulitis is a condition n which strep germs invade your bloodstream thru a cut, scratch, open sore, usually on your foot, although it can happen anywhere. The germettes race up your leg to the lymph nodes causing them to kick into overdrive and they get sore as fuck...so you don't scratch yer jewels or lack there of. It hurts like hell. In the meantime your foot and lower leg start to swell. A double course of antib's kill the infection but the swelling cause major pain. In order to alleviate the edema, one must lie totally in the bed with the foot raised to heart level. Pain pills are usually prescribed. It can cause a nasty party of germettes to fuck with your heart valves and further the blood poisoning you already have, your dick rots off next, tits disappear and yer asshole swells shut. When it gets really bad, you puke rancid sh......um, sorry sorry....getting a little carried away.

It sucks...did I mention that? :mrgreen:

A TKR is a total knee replacement, something that never needs to get infected as it leads to a second knee replacement, amputation, use of blood sucking leeches, bot flies oozing out of carbuncles, pus encrusted scro.....ahem sorry, sorry....getting nasty again.

You know what? You were enjoying every single gross word I was putting out there...I know you were! You guys are sick....and the peeps that run this place? They are sick, really fucking sick. This place needs to be shit down and the mods need to have their feet held over hot coals just long enough for great big blisters of brownish translucent brine start to form on the bottoms of their feet. Then they need to be flogged with those leather whips that cut the skin open and lay it back you can see the shiny glistening cartilage cover on the bones.

Have you bitten your tongue off yet?

Tia....you understand where I'm coming from...the much vaulted spurious nature of MR. Cheeps strikes again!! :twisted: :twisted: :spank: :spank: Muwahahahahaha!!! :wired: :wired: :wired:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subster58 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:41 pm

Hi Guys, cheeps so sorry to hear about your infection. I know it hurts like hell. NO MRSA allowed keep that baby clean and free from animal hair etc.
I've made 3 long posts and they have disappeared, computer broke, working off old lap top so hopes this flys
Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
has been my couple of weeks since my last chemo. They added another drug and my hands looked like a flesh eating disease. Saw the Doc and have wicked infection and put on dexadron, (like predisone but stonger. My fingers are liken fat sasuages so for ngive nnmistakes. Went in like a crazy person and raised hell. Going to change MD's as I really like the chick that worked me in. Blood sugars crazy. oh well could bed worse. Oh and I have cancer everywhere. ain't life grand, but still breathing in and out. Ha ha.
Beat, will check in tomorrow. My energy level blows.
love you
Tia :kiss: :boobshake: :blowme: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Subblind » Fri May 27, 2016 7:25 am

Cheeps,your scaring me...in a lot of ways...,how the fuck did you get this fucking horrible condition?jebus H Christ women!you been taking care of the world,now who's taking care of you???son of a bitch if I have to come down there I will...seriously,you gonna be ok??and don't leave us hanging here for a week wondering.

Tia,you poor thing,the sausage fingers because of lymphadema?my wife had it after her surgery and chemo,110 pound women with the right arm of a bloated steamfitter.looked fucking horrible but they fixed it with compression sleeves and PT.really sorry to hear what's going on with you.ive been concerned but didn't want to pester you at the same time...just keep staying strong and know you got someone(me) praying for you.thanks for checking in,please do so as much as you can in the future...all the best to you,SUBBLIND
Subblind

Postby subster58 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi Cheeps and SS. Thanks for the awesome post. Means a lot to me. Just keep trying to move forward and do the next thing. Some days are better, like today. Yesterday I was full of rage and self pity, like detoxing off subs. The in beween spot where you want to say fuck it I can't do this. Piss, moan and then do it . Then just pushing through all the BS, that was a long hard road, getting off 32mg of subs. The flu that lasts for weeks, then ok, then down again. Cheeps helping me all the way. How fucking great is that.

Cheeps I hope you feel somewhat better but I know it hurts like hell and you're taking care of it. You're not working are you? sending love and peace your way.
Back to bed
lov ya
tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby cheeps » Fri May 27, 2016 12:36 pm

Oh fuck....nothing gets me Down....someone will have to shoot me to ever put me out your misery. I'm like a baaaad dream....always lurking around waiting to pounce. I'm your alternative to Freddy doncha know!!

Watch out for cheeps......bad shit!! :twisted: :twisted: :P :P :mrgreen:

So....I'm well, leg is fine, cellulitis gone. How do you get it? By carrying strep germs around....and I do. They wash off but reoccur on the body. My big toe got nailed and they crept in while I wasn't paying attention.

I've been wrestling with my phone for several days and my iPad has been pissy. Big pc is slow as hell....FUCK YOU WINDOWS!!!!!!

So I got it all fixed and am back up to speed. The wireless router is on 10mbs and it's faster than a adhd mouse. :cheers:

I have my other hand surgery on June 24th. Need a driver....volunteers must be ready to eat at Waffle House when we leave. 8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subster58 » Fri May 27, 2016 5:58 pm

Hey wild kick ass chick. If I start now I'll come, would love some waffles.

Did you hit your leg or somehow get an open sore first prior to the cellulites. Bacterial infection. do you have heart problems or swelling in your legs?? Hopefully the oral antibiotic pill gets rid of it. I know you're a tough old chickie but you HAVE to take care of any open areas :spank: :spank: .
Nothing new here. Just hangin in and feeling better. I'll take it before my next blast of poison

love you :banana: :banana: :wired: :D :sick: :boobshake:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby cheeps » Fri May 27, 2016 9:50 pm

Ok, I confess....I shoved a pair of finger nail scissors deep into the corner of my big toe in hopes of ridding myself of a particularly hideous piece of dead nail. I sure didn't mean to do that....but the fucked up part was that I was tired as hell and didn't wash my foot before I laid down. So...I did it to myself. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :thumbdown:

I hope you get to feeling better this weekend. Do you have the appropriate meds now? :mrgreen: :blowme: :blowme:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subster58 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:33 am

:gaah:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby subster58 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 am

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
computer'sall fucked upp and I just did a long post and it's gone
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby cheeps » Sat May 28, 2016 11:05 pm

Put that beggar in word dammit. Don't feel...too bad I had to reset my phone. Lost all my vocabulary...Fuck you! Well n...that worked. It's been coming up duck you all night.

I love you sweetie...hold your head up and kick that bitch to the curb!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subster58 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi peeps, had a good day today, first in 2 weeks so I'll take it. next chemo is in 2 weeks. Some what of a break, sure needed it and maybe the chemo won't be so bad this month. Hoping they switched my MD around as I asked. I think you really need an oncologist who pays attention and anwers all my questions. Gettingf any type of response is like pulling teeth. It's early in my treatment plan so there's not much else they can do until I have my next set of scans. That really tells the story about how well the chemo is working. Lost all my hair so it's working somewhere. Thought it would be nice to post something good for a change.
Love and Peace,
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Subblind » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:01 pm

Wendy used to call it wearing a "Hair hat",the wig she had after the chemo started to really take effect.the day she came out of the shower and brushed her hair and it came out in mass we decided to complete the process and I shaved her head right then and there...it's a day I will never forget,it was @ 8:45 in the morning,right before I was leaving for work on December 21,2010....as I stood there with tears running down my face she sat on the toilet eating garlic knots.she said she always had a terrible taste in her mouth and was eating a lot of bread products as she said it helped get the metallic chemical taste out.we just so happened to have had garlic knots leftover from the night before and she was quite content munching those while the crying,helpless husband was shaving her lower back length hair.the surrealness of it was so disturbing as she seemed almost defiant as I was doing this to her.She later told me it felt enpowering to her,that she took it off before it was taken from her slowly and without choice....
The strength she demonstrated through this nightmare was remarkable to me and taught me how strong women really can be.im so happy you had a good Day ! hopefully the rest of the treatments will go easier for you and God will get you through this as best it can be."Fight like a girl",that saying was plastered all over the chemo ward at the hospital we used,and man it was so true...thanks for sharing with us and keep going strong,we're all rooting really hard for you..."Fight like a girl"...very profound words.
Subblind

Postby subster58 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:03 pm

Thanks SBB, love it, fight like a girl. I grew up with 4 brothers and I had to learn to fight like a guy to survive all my brothers. I'm with Wendy with the hair. I've had long hair for the past 30 years and it started to fall out in big clumps after my 1st chemo.. I got it cut, but not short enough so I cut it as short as I could and then had my daughter come over and finish the back part I couldn't see. It was freeing. Before it was hard to eat, like a fan was blowing on my face so I said fuck it and cut it all off.
My girlfriend just left. She's been coming over bringing me food, ear rings, a walker. I try and pay her but she says she has to do something to help me in a small way.. To me it's a big way to do that for me. She's awesome and I appreciate everything people have done for me. I'm amazed and grateful.
Thanks for checking in on me.
Love and Peace,
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Subblind » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:51 pm

If you were close by id be bringing ya stuff too...just how I am,just how most people are when someone they know is in your position.I had a different family at my front door every night at 6:00pm dropping off a home cooked meal for us for a FULL 30 days after Wendy's surgery.these were the people my kids went to school and Girl Scouts with and who my wife knew from being the mommy.I was taking food from people I didn't even know,but they were there for us because they wanted to be...and I learned what a caring group of people we had in our community doing this because it made them feel helpful in a helpless situation.every night for 30 or more days they just kept coming because they wanted to help...let your friend help...it makes their soul feel good, and they are good souls...trying to do good deeds when they know your in need. Best to you :kiss: SB
Subblind

Postby Subblind » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:30 am

Just saying hi...,wishing you well...:-)
Subblind

Postby Subblind » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:07 am

My best to you on this July 4th...,Godbless
Subblind

Postby subster58 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:08 pm

Hi peeps, thanks for checking in. Just spent the last 10 days in bed sick as a dog. This chemo is really kicking my ass. My 2 daughters took turns and came over this past week. They bought me food, prepared it and I ate in my bed. One night my daughter gave me a foot rub. It was wonderful. I am very grateful. Trying to stay positive as much as possible. Keep moving forward.
love and Peace
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Stories