Codeine addiction

Please post, share, or read your personal story here

Codeine addiction

Postby Eveleivibe » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Hiya all,

My story of how I am now on suboxone 8 mg. became addicted to codeine after it was prescribed to me for L5/S1 disk potrusion. Height was 800 daily. Couldn't stop, was too scared to stop, fell in love hook, link n sinker. Thought I could not live without codeine, truly bellieved this. Been on suboxone 8 mg for 3 months n have drank AT LEAST one bottle of wine practically every night since. I've started having rum n brandy but only at night. Nonetheless it needs to change, doesn't it. Started drinking due to the deep, black void that codeine left behind. Psychological withdrawal made me suicidal n want to hurt n punish myself by binging on pills like my antidepressant.

Codeine stopped me from feel the hurt of rejection, the pain of anger n filled me with a warm-calmness that later turned into a raging hell for my mind as it hungered for more n believed anyone taking me away from my precious codeine was an enemy to be avoided.

Well this past Bank Holiday Monday I thought back to last year when I ODd n no one knew, secretly begging for my loved ones, minutes later at the pills again like a complete nutter. Was literally like there were two switches in my head one switch off, the other switched on.
Anyway, back on topic---I thanked God that I'm on my suboxone rather than golfing codeine down my neck like there's no tomorrow n one day I will be me again, drug free.

Thank you for letting me join you. Respect to all of you trying to give up

Hugs,
Evey xxxxx

PS: Thank god for these suboxone sites where there 's not all that judgement. I say it's up to people how they wish to recover as long as they are trying to recovery good on them, eh!
Eveleivibe

Re: Codeine addiction

Postby Justjules13 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:40 am

Hi Eve,
Big respect for being able to walk into a store and not buy OTC codeine.(saw that on another thread you posted on) I thank God that they don't sell it OTC here, I'm not sure I could be that strong. They sell fresh poppy pods here and it was really hard to walk past them. Fortunately pod season has passed and they are not in my face. I'm surprised there's not people dying left and right from OTC codeine in England and France.
Anyway...good for you!
Are you tapering your sub? My taper was pretty uneventful till I got under 2mg, then it got hard...
Welcome!
Jules
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby nootlsjr » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:35 pm

welcome my trusty friend.

'half baked' You mean you in here for some codeine, dan sucked nipples for tips, jules seen him. lol. wow. you trust them docs dam. also know as drugs of choice stupid. just kidding. sub has a high opoid rate to the receptors. you jumped up a couple levels. atleast do some h or meth so you can feel what your missn. that's my od side,

here's d. im sorry I put things in a fucked up way, but dr's push drugs for fun and money. even mood stabilizers when the cause is drugs in the first place, or lack of knowledge/morals. that's changeable though. read, learn, and reprimand. that's my tuff love welcome. [your initation for my support/exsperience].
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr

Postby Eveleivibe » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Justjules13 wrote:Hi Eve,
Big respect for being able to walk into a store and not buy OTC codeine.(saw that on another thread you posted on) I thank God that they don't sell it OTC here, I'm not sure I could be that strong. They sell fresh poppy pods here and it was really hard to walk past them. Fortunately pod season has passed and they are not in my face. I'm surprised there's not people dying left and right from OTC codeine in England and France.
Anyway...good for you!
Are you tapering your sub? My taper was pretty uneventful till I got under 2mg, then it got hard...
Welcome!
Jules

Thanks Jules that was such a lovely post. To be honest, I'm not proud of myself for not getting codeine as I am on suboxone, which helps with the cravings. When I'm off suboxone n then walk into the pharmacy n not get codeine I will be proud - but it's nice of you to say that.

I am finally thinking of codeine in a different light. I can't believe that I actually thought I could not live with it n wanted rid of people I loved who cut off my contacts. I feel like I am coming out of a bubble does that make sense? I've been on suboxone just over 3 months n I know those thoughts are still there. I am seeing the doc on the 11 n i don't feel ready to reduce to 6 mg. i need to re-build my life n get the old me back. I kinda miss my own natural endorphins n the way I used to feel AMAZING from high intensity exercise. I will get me back.

I have a lot to be thakful for: a family who love me, the most precious, sweetest, most clever, witty n beautiful girl, my 4 year old daughter £3 in debt with the bank gives me a goal of getting out of it, only 4 months until Christmas n this year I'm going to have Christmas drug free (no sobbing on my birthday because the idea of 3 days without codeine was too unbearable to think of, no taking lots of codeine while drinking, no more waiting for parcels) will be all about seeing my little darling smile as she sess her bike n the only thing i'll be craving is a nice cup of coffee with honey

All the best,
Evey xxxx
Eveleivibe

Postby Eveleivibe » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:57 pm

nootlsjr wrote:welcome my trusty friend.

'half baked' You mean you in here for some codeine, dan sucked nipples for tips, jules seen him. lol. wow. you trust them docs dam. also know as drugs of choice stupid. just kidding. sub has a high opoid rate to the receptors. you jumped up a couple levels. atleast do some h or meth so you can feel what your missn. that's my od side,

here's d. im sorry I put things in a fucked up way, but dr's push drugs for fun and money. even mood stabilizers when the cause is drugs in the first place, or lack of knowledge/morals. that's changeable though. read, learn, and reprimand. that's my tuff love welcome. [your initation for my support/exsperience].

Hiya ,
I'm in the UK. We get suboxone free here. I feel for you guys. The things I've heard about people having to stop due to insurance n that is upsetting. I feel for people who've had to jump from say 16mg that must ****. Yea I'm on it for codeine. I asked the doc was taking a lot, kept relapsing, feeling suicidal etc plus it was causing probs as my parents were controlling. They expected me to go there for every dose i was anxious as s*** depress, buying like 32+ nurofen plus each tab contains 200 iboprufen n 12.8 codeine. They were all I could get hold of as my parents cut off all my contacts were I'd buy 112, 60mg tabs per fortnight, codeine linctus cough syrup containing 600mg. They even got postie to give them my parcel. So in a way it was just as dangerous due to iboprofen / paracetamol (tymanol?)

Suboxone has given me my life back. I've started doing things with my little girl again rather than stuck in the house, waiting for parcels per day. I'm getting on better with my parents not so anxious n starting to set goals n attend recovery groups. I need to quit the drinking now as ive been drinking 1-2 bottles of wine per night n i've put weight on.

To be honest, why we're here isn't important in my view - what's important is recovering n supporting each other.

Take care,

Evey
Eveleivibe

Postby Justjules13 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Lots of people ruin their livers with those codeine pills...I can understand why a Dr thought sub a better alternative. Some people don't understand how dangerous OTC codeine is.
But really, don't get too comfortable on sub. I started at 12mg and dropped it to 4mg very quickly without feeling the difference. It only started to hurt under 2mg.
I also felt I was a "lifer". (Methadone) But there is life after opiates!
Glad your here!
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby cheeps » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:14 am

Evey.....If you read a few threads, you will find that Sub has a ceiling effect at 6-8 mgs....do you know what that means?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Eveleivibe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:16 pm

After your lovely E-mail I plan on staying on suboxone AS LONG AS I CAN and I'll MAKE SURE I GET WHAT I WANT!!!! And I'll continue drinking 1-2 bottles of wine per day.

I haven't been on forums for YEARS its since October and one of your 'long term members' who 'loves this forum' who talked me into going on suboxone. I didn't even KNOW about suboxone. She convinced me that that's what I should do so I did as she overcame het addictions APPARENTLY.

Anyway i thought this forum was UNCENSORED. I NEVER HURT ANYONE. I gave an opinion. But hayho ban me if you don't like me. I only tried to be honest but all these forums have shown me is I was right about addivts all along
eveleivibe@btinternet.com if you want to talk I'm having a good drin f*** this BS!!!!
I tried being honest well sod it!!!!
I'll remember next time to lie through my teeth n act like i hate suboxone when it saved my life.

Do what you like but I've tried being nice n helpful

Evey x
Eveleivibe

Postby Eveleivibe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:19 pm

Oh no i didnt know that or know what it means
Eveleivibe

Postby Mea Culpa » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:20 pm

its when there is unlikely to be any further effect from increasing the dosage above a certain amount.
Freedom!!!!!!
Mea Culpa

Postby Justjules13 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:23 pm

Did you read the welcome mat yet?
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby Eveleivibe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:30 pm

Ban me now!!!!!!SUBOXONER forever!!!!
I tried being nice n have been ripped apart for having my own opinion.
Tomorrow when the bitter orangey tasting, white table is under my tongue I'll be thinking of all you bitter people (aftr the way I was treated tonight).
I don't give a flying f*** if I'm banned from EVERY addiction on the net - what matters is I have been HONEST, tried to be nice n caring.....
I have the most sweetest, beautiful, lovely, sweet, beautiful, AMAZING little four year old, girl ever so as long as I have her---- you can all STICK YOUR forums. Unless you are willing to let me voice me own opinion f it. Uncensored my backside.
Bye xxxxxxxxxxxxx
PS; stock your heroin detox website I'd rather watch paint dry.

eveleivibe@btinternet.com for anyone who wants a civil conversation - you're more than welcome to contact me.
Eveleivibe

Postby Eveleivibe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:45 pm

Justjules13 wrote:Lots of people ruin their livers with those codeine pills...I can understand why a Dr thought sub a better alternative. Some people don't understand how dangerous OTC codeine is.
But really, don't get too comfortable on sub. I started at 12mg and dropped it to 4mg very quickly without feeling the difference. It only started to hurt under 2mg.
Glad your here!

Iasked the doctor for sib n i don't regret it - I'd be dead by now if I'd not gone on sub. Would people rather me be dead??? Anyway I'm having 2 bottles of 9% wine.
Eveleivibe

Postby TwinCitiesHardcore » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:01 pm

Your posts will be really rational then, right?!
TwinCitiesHardcore

Postby Justjules13 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:04 pm

Bottom line....this just isn't the place for you. We are not pro sub. Take the time to read the welcome mat.
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby Eveleivibe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 pm

Mea Culpa wrote:its when there is unlikely to be any furthuer effect from increasing the dosage above a certain amount.

Thanks, Jan. honest gets you nowhere on here. I have been 'permanently banned' once. Anyway i cleared that up. There's a decent person here called Ratch. I PMd him, he replied n was civil - wxplained things from his point of view but was not derogratory. We all recovery differently - let's all respect each other, eh?! I've had two bottles of wine this even but I am not addicted to alcohol n we are here to discuss opiates.

If it was not for Jan I'd be dead by now. She was THE ONLY ONE there for me. She encouraged me to get onto suboxone n ifI had not gone on to suboxone I'd have died due to paracetamol (tylonal) / iboprofen intoxoticy. Would
You all have. Rather I'd have ODd n died??????

I'm honest. I don't want to go on heroin detox website because I HAVE NEVER TRIED Heroin so it would be an insult to people who have lived that life n are in heroin withdawal. Why would I go there n take attention from people who really need that help??? That would be CRUEL?? Please do no ask me to do that again!!!!

I need help help with my codeine addiction. I know that once i'm sorted with codeine, things will be different, tbh, i know you're no nrmber so number
Eveleivibe

Postby Eveleivibe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:33 pm

Eveleivibe wrote:
Justjules13 wrote:Lots of people ruin their livers with those codeine pills...I can understand why a Dr thought sub a better alternative. Some people don't understand how dangerous OTC codeine is.
Glad your here!

Iasked the doctor for sib n i don't regret it - I'd be dead by now if I'd not gone on sub. Would people rather me be dead??? Anyway I'm having 2 bottles of 9% wine.

I neec to go bed. Im so extremely tired

Evey x
Eveleivibe

Postby mano » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:04 pm

http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/

Here's the perfect site for you evilone. They are the bomb when it comes to sub lovers. You should really check them out. I have a feeling this place won't be good for your recovery :shrug: :D
mano
Local Fixture

Postby Eveleivibe » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:54 am

If suboxone has a ceiling affect then why are people prescribed high doses?

I.am sorry but this site is meant to be uncensored so I'm going to be honest. Suboxone has saved my life. I love it. Without it I could be dead now n my child with a mam. I ODd a few times n no one knew, was really sick, vomit etc etc n somehow I convinced myself I was in withdrawal n that the only things that's help me was codeine. I was on the nbathroom floor sm with pains in my stomach crying for someone.

The reason that I am here is because they are going to taper me off suboxone n I need support. I'm scared the cravings will come back. I've gone from having £4,600 saving to £3,100 in debt.

Plus my sciatica is coming back. Great lol (oh well if you'll cry)

I want off all of this eventually of course i do. But I'm not going to sit here n bash suboxone so that people will like me or so i won't get banned. I have been honest.

Have a good day ya'all

Evey xxx
Eveleivibe

Postby Eveleivibe » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:18 am

mano wrote:http://www.addictionsurvivors.org/

Here's the perfect site for you evilone. They are the bomb when it comes to sub lovers. You should really check them out. I have a feeling this place won't be good for your recovery :shrug: :D

Hiya,

Thanks for that. I am a member there but it keeps sending me messages saying I can't post because i've sent 0 messages in 1248 minutes, things like that n I can't find anywhere to contact to sort it out.
Was a member on another forum that I loved so much n now I'm banned as one of their mods sent me an E-mail ripping me apart n I wouldn't let it drop. I also went there drunk a few times so it was my fault really. I've tried asking to go back there but have not heard anything.
Anyway thanks for link that was lovely of you,
Take care,
Evey xxxxx
Eveleivibe

Next

Return to Personal Stories