New to suboxone/weaning off right away

Please post, share, or read your personal story here

Re: New to suboxone/weaning off right away

Postby tw15t3d » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:10 am

subster58 wrote:Hi Rodney, you are doing great even though you feel like crap. It will be a short memory with your family, when Daddy had the bad flu. Emotions come out at a drop of a hat. I cry ALOT, off and on, get pissed etc.
Very normal which I know that doesn't help much, subs sux for a reason. I went to rehab in 1989 and 1990 for narcotics, got one clonidine patch, and in one month, was back at work and raising 2 girls.
Not like this long drawn out torture shit with meth and subs. Your banking days for your new life, and you'll be back, but even better. I'm :mrgreen: with envey,lol wish I had your clean days. It will come when I have the courage to get off this evil devil drug from hell.
Your doing it
Give yourself alot of credit,
Love and Peace
Godspeed
Tia

:clap: :thumbup:
From Orange To Green, Sub Fecking Free: 03/17/12
tw15t3d

Postby tw15t3d » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Hey Rodney,
Keeping you in my thoughts...hope you are doing better every day! :)

Congrats to 2 weeks(day 15)!
tw15t3d

Postby subster58 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:45 am

Yeah Rodney, major congrats on 15 days off this evil drug. I'm having BP problems and had to go back on .25mg.
Congrats
Godspeed
Tia :kiss:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby rudd » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:34 am

Hi Tw and Tia. Thanks for the post. I'm on day 16 and I feel very good. I have always been fast at fighting any sickness and I think it is no different with this. I am so surprised at how bad I felt last week to within a couple days and feeling very comfortable. There are some lingering effects but its really nothing. My sleep is still a bit of a problem but that will change in time.

Tw, I really hope everything starts getting better for you and your husband very soon. You are a very good person and you bring alot of comfort to people here. Thank you for all your support and encouragement during my taper and jump.

Rodney
rudd

Postby subster58 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:12 pm

RODNEY, thanks for the advice, and so glad you are doing better. been feeling very hopeless, and you have helped me with your positive posts and everything else.
Thank you
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby tw15t3d » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Hey Rodney,
Good to see you back and doing better! I am glad you are beginning to come out of this already! Actually I am a little jealous! lol. You will have some lingering effects, mainly fatigue is the main symptom(well mainly mine at least). How are your chills as well?

Thanks so much for sharing some love in your thread! We will turn out ok eventually. It's just life! :) And I will always be here for you to support you! I just enjoy to see what better people you and Tia are becoming!

Hope to see you again here soon! Take care!
tw15t3d

Postby rudd » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:45 pm

tw15t3d wrote:Hey Rodney,
Good to see you back and doing better! I am glad you are beginning to come out of this already! Actually I am a little jealous! lol. You will have some lingering effects, mainly fatigue is the main symptom(well mainly mine at least). How are your chills as well?

Thanks so much for sharing some love in your thread! We will turn out ok eventually. It's just life! :) And I will always be here for you to support you! I just enjoy to see what better people you and Tia are becoming!

Hope to see you again here soon! Take care!

The chills are gone and the fatigue lasts for only a portion of my day (sometimes in the morning and other times it hits in the afternoon). I will usually be fine in the evenings (3 or 4 days now). I think why my w/d's have been short term is because of 2 reasons: 1. By the time I made my jump from sub, I was off methadone almost 5 weeks and the methadone w/d were coming to an end. 2. I was only taking sub for 28 days and I was tapering for 23 of those days. I really spent about 4 weeks having w/d's because of my rapid taper. I really hope Tia tries some good old Mary Jane. I was sick for about 4 days and decided to try some. After I did it, I was sitting watching a comedy laughing my butt off. It really helped me alot but I only did very little of it in the evenings only.

Hang in everyone that is making their jump. The w/d's will go away (I promise). Have your mind ready and focused and you will do it.

Rodney
rudd

Postby tw15t3d » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:04 am

That is amazing you have been doing so good! I had chills until 3 days ago, they really sucked. Hope you are still doing good!
tw15t3d

Postby subster58 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:10 am

Rodney, congrats on your clean time. Love your posts and attitude, helps many people, including me
Thanks
Tta
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby rudd » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:41 pm

I hate to send a negative post but today was rough. W/d's came back and had me feeling very run down for most of the day. Jen and I were out shopping and I was having a really hard time staying in the moment. I was very surprised. I started drinking regular coffee for about 3 days now and thats most likely what happened. I'm back to decaf!! I feel fine now and I hope it will stick. I'm not too worried about it because i'm sure it will come and go from time to time.

Rodney
rudd

Postby subster58 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:42 am

Rodney, its ok to post whats going on. sorry you had a bad day/ Hoping today is better. You've been a real trooper thru this detox, which is no easy task. Some days suck when you least expect it.
Strength and Hope
Godspeed
Tia :kiss:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby tw15t3d » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:05 am

Hey Rodney,
I had the same issues with caffeine, I would get full on chills from it. Funny how that happens. I don't know I love my caffeine though, I just endured the chills for a little energy and no headaches. But a week ago it stopped giving me the chills, hopefully in around 3 weeks it will stop doing that.
tw15t3d

Postby wastedtime » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Rodney,I 'm so happy you are off the sub and seem to be doing pretty good!I saw you wrote something about cod liver pills on Tia thread.What are they supposed to be good for?I'm very interested in knowing.I am super weak now and I havn't got very far in my taper yet.I got real sick(have major health problems) and lost alot of weight a couple of months ago.I'm wondering if they build up your strength or whayever they may be good for,Big hugs and peace,Goldie
wastedtime

Postby rudd » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi Goldie. I'm very sorry for your troubles with your taper. Cod liver oil has very high levels of omega-3 which does a lot of good for your body. Omeg-3 is suppose to help give strength to your cardiovascular system and help repair damage to your liver and kidneys. It has high levels of vitamin A and D. I found out about it through a Youtube video and decided to look futher into it. I suggest you Wikipedia cod liver oil and read up on it. Having your mind fully ready to stop taking drugs is key. Everyone knows this but it is so easy to forget. I was so angry that a drug controlled my mind and actions that I went into my taper and jump with a bit of an attitude towards my thought process. The only comfort meds I was taking was clonidine for 5 days and Aleve daily. I took cod liver oil tabs everyday and made daily fresh fruit smoothies and added whey protein supplement (and a little weed in the evenings) (Very little!!). I had some really rough days but stayed very determined that it was going to end. Having my faith in God and trusting he would guide me through the rough days was my biggest factor in my own recovery. I am on day 26 and for a for 4 days now I have no w/d's. Even in my days previous, my heavy w/d's were for a few days and then relatively mild for a few. I have most of my energy back (maybe 75%). I'm even feeling my strength returning and I am gaining some weight back that I lost. I am still having a hard time getting a full nights sleep. I really hope and pray you and everyone will reach your goals. Get Mad!!!!!!!!

Rodney
rudd

Postby subster58 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:46 am

Rodney, congrats on your clean time, your a wiz kid; lol, you got off before the devil took your soul=sub
I'm working my way back, slowly, with Gods help as he has saved me from many unthinkable things in my life, or helped me thru, as he is doing now. My faith falls sometimes, but in the end I know and believe.
thanks for the update
Godspeed
love ya
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby wastedtime » Tue May 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks so much Rodney,Sounds like something my body could use!My heart rate is very high and BP has been too low,so I can't have clonidine.I will get some of those cod liver oil tabs.Hopefully,they will help build up my strength.I had no idea it came in tablets.I posted to you when you first came here and saw you were very determined.My mind really wants to quit,my body isn't so sure,lol.i knew you would succeed !I would have been very surprised if you didn't.I admire your faith in God to help you through it.I have faith too,but like Tia,mine falls sometimes.I wish you and your family all the best in life,love and peace,Goldie
wastedtime

Postby delana4 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:09 am

hey was on subs for 4 yrs.quit cold turkey,in rehab of all places that they were giving it to the people comming in.the 1st 3 days fine,,4th day started my hell,,direaha,vomiting,sweat comming from places i dint think i could sweat,week 1 came the anger,with the sickness,week 2 82 lbs,still vomiting,sweating,then came sadness,had jaundice my skin was yellow,eyes were and under feet and nails stunk so fricken bad,week 3 came the hampster cage thinking,,my mind never stopped spinning,,now 3 mo.later still detoxing,sick no energy,,and the worst part is my mind,if u think for a second ur sober on subs wait till u go off,,hate to b the bearer of bad news,the detox affects can last up to 6 mo.depending on how long ur on it,,please i beg of u ppl do not stay on it any longer than 6 mo.it sets into ur bone system after a yr.its a synthetic opiate,harsher than the reg.shit,i was the 1st person to go to this rehab center detoxing from it,they could not believe the side effects,i wanted to die 20 days into,,prayed to die,guess i was supposed to b a miracle,cus noone would let me die,or kick me out of the center,,i tried i fought,i finally surrendered,,,im not as bad now,,i can manage my day as i hav 4 daughters,,im telling u now caffine over rides the detox sickness...ive only used immodium and caffine,,caffine may make my mind work a little more but u dont sleep while detoxin off the crap anyway didnt sleep for 3 mo..still dont,,and no its not the caffine,i wouldnt and dont sleep anyway,but it does help the sickness part so much,,go to meetings every night,,not too many ppl there will understand the effects of sub detox but helps greatly as i still have the feeling of telling my self to take a pill to feel better,,drinking does horrible on the brain for this,tried it,,do not recomend it for anyone,,,anyway got 75 days sub free,cold turkey,,,,good luck to all but not gonna sugar coat it its the most horrible detox ive ever seen or expierenced 1st hand,,,
delana4

Postby subster58 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:12 am

Del, start a new thread in the crisis forum as this is Rodneys thread, sorry you are having a bad time.
Rodney, hope you are feeling better and getting stronger everyday.
Love ya
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby rudd » Fri May 04, 2012 7:38 pm

subster58 wrote:Del, start a new thread in the crisis forum as this is Rodneys thread, sorry you are having a bad time.
Rodney, hope you are feeling better and getting stronger everyday.
Love ya
Tia

Thank you Tia and Goldie. I'm feeling very good now. I still have trouble sleeping and that is causing me low energy. I have not had physical w/d in quite a while now but i'm still not 100%. The great thing is you will be feeling better very soon and you can move forward without the chains. Goldie have you tried the cod liver oil tabs yet?
rudd

Postby rudd » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:52 pm

Hello everyone. I'm sorry that I have not been in touch in a long while but I had a lot of making up with my family. Today is 4 months off sub and I am doing great. The hardest part for me was the lack of energy. That does level off but it just takes a bit of time. I really want to thank all of the peeps that were routing me on and posting such nice things to help me stay focused. A very special thank you is going out to Tia, Cheaps and Tw for staying with me through the taper and jump. You were a huge reason I made it. I will NEVER let a drug control me again.
rudd

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Stories