New to suboxone/weaning off right away

Please post, share, or read your personal story here

Re: New to suboxone/weaning off right away

Postby nootlsjr » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:27 pm

your doing great rud, your starting to gain days and pride. from my exsperience, wd isnt easy and 6 days is hard work, even if its only mental work. hang in there, your going in the right direction and in a matter of time you will reach your destination.
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr

Postby subster58 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Rodney, you are amazing, going to chruch and the kids while detoxing. I've missed chruch for over a month due to my stomach issues, and detoxing. it feels like it goes on forever and a day. but you haven't caved, like me.
So major congrats.
Godspeed
Tia :banana:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby rudd » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 am

subster58 wrote:Rodney, you are amazing, going to chruch and the kids while detoxing. I've missed chruch for over a month due to my stomach issues, and detoxing. it feels like it goes on forever and a day. but you haven't caved, like me.
So major congrats.
Godspeed
Tia :banana:

Dont be hard on yourself. You were on a very high dose (the highest) and your down to crumbs now. You have come a long way and now you just need to stablize for a bit. It will end soon and you can focus on your goals. Stay focused!! Thats what I did. I was only on sub 28 days in total so its more easier on me even with methadone in my picture. Don't get me wrong, I have had some bad days but they do get better as time passes.

rodney
rudd

Postby tw15t3d » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 am

How are you doing today Rodney?
From Orange To Green, Sub Fecking Free: 03/17/12
tw15t3d

Postby rudd » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:40 am

Hi tw. Not too bad today. I'm sick but at this point its not nearly as bad as it was at this time yesterday. The killer for me is no energy!!! I'm always cold as well. But today is day 7 and last Wednesday I couldn't even imagine this day getting here. I am really nervous that I could be one of those people that it lasts for months. Time will tell I guess. I'm praying that by this time next week, things will be alot better.

Rodney
rudd

Postby tw15t3d » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Hey Rodney,
I really think you will get through this. I am also amazed at how minimal your WDs have been..although I don't see you face to face...so it could be different. Lack of energy, and the monotony of it all is the most trying part of sub detox. You will gradually gather more and more good days..but you have to keep in mind that the PAWS can last up to 6-8 months. Sorry for the reality check, but you have to take it as a BIG endurance test.

The chills you will have to get used to..I still have them off and on. They will go away in about a month. Ibuprofen and Tylenol help the chills.
tw15t3d

Postby subster58 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi Rodney, 8-9 days off of subs is awesome. Give credit to yourself, any day drug free is a miracle.
Your doing great
Godspeed
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby rudd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Thank you TW and Tia. I'm on day 8 and its touch and go everyday but it seems a bit better today. I purchased some fish oil tablets and protein powder today to help build up my immune system (I heard it will help alot). For the last 2 days I have been ok until about 3pm and then I get some w/d's. It sucks being sick but I know it cant last forever. I think its starting to wear on my wife. She is still very supportive but very quiet lately. I really dont blame her for that because she never did drugs and for her to be in the middle of this is very sad. Anyway tomorrow is day 9 and maybe it will be even better then today. We shall see!!

Rodney
rudd

Postby rudd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:25 pm

I have a question. How long do the Heebie jeebies tend to last?
rudd

Postby cheeps » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 pm

rudd wrote:I have a question. How long do the Heebie jeebies tend to last?

Fallout from the methadone moreso than the sub......

Rodney...I dosed muscle relaxers for 3 months. I think yours should go away in a month....because you did a much better taper than I did. In two weeks, I hope you'll see relief.....
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby rudd » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:57 am

cheeps wrote:
rudd wrote:I have a question. How long do the Heebie jeebies tend to last?

Fallout from the methadone moreso than the sub......

Rodney...I dosed muscle relaxers for 3 months. I think yours should go away in a month....because you did a much better taper than I did. In two weeks, I hope you'll see relief.....

Thank you cheeps. I believe your right on the methadone. They say methadone hangs around for a while. I have not taken methadone in 5 or 6 weeks but with the combination of that and 28 days of sub, It could take a bit more time. I hope the fish oil and whey protein helps. I will go see my family doctor to see about muscle relaxers.
I hope everything is good for you cheeps.

Rodney
rudd

Postby subster58 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:49 am

Hi Rodney. know how you feel, praying you get some relief soon, congrats on your clean days.
Godspeed
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby tw15t3d » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:50 am

rudd wrote:Thank you TW and Tia. I'm on day 8 and its touch and go everyday but it seems a bit better today. I purchased some fish oil tablets and protein powder today to help build up my immune system (I heard it will help alot). For the last 2 days I have been ok until about 3pm and then I get some w/d's. It sucks being sick but I know it cant last forever. I think its starting to wear on my wife. She is still very supportive but very quiet lately. I really dont blame her for that because she never did drugs and for her to be in the middle of this is very sad. Anyway tomorrow is day 9 and maybe it will be even better then today. We shall see!!

Rodney

Hey Rodney,
I can relate to the spouse starting to crack...my husband was very understanding but I could tell he was carrying a ton of weight on his shoulders. I think it isn't the fact that they resent us, it is the fact that they are bearing all the work while we are busy being miserable. If she is supportive and understanding she must love you so much that she would go through anything for you..but sometimes their pain will show too. Just let her know that you understand her side of things and how thankful you are to have her. It is such a blessing to have someone like her!
tw15t3d

Postby rudd » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:57 am

Thanks tw. I do let her know and I understand that she has a right too have emotions and stress from all of this. She will come around.

Well its day 9 and its surprising the difference a day can make. I'm feeling pretty good and I had quite a bit of energy so far today. I will probably be going back and forth with it for a while but it feels good when its like this. Got to go finish my chores.lol.

Rodney
rudd

Postby rudd » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Hello all. Its day 10 and when I woke up today, I was feeling pretty wiped out with alot of soupy brain. I had very little energy and felt alot of guilt. As the day went on, it got much better and now I feel pretty good with the exception of slight heebie jeebies (very managable). Sorry I have not been posting very much lately. I have been trying to stay busy and been doing some work around the house and running errands (seems to help). I'm staying as positive as I can but the feeling of shame can get to me at times. I'm going to start 1 on 1 addiction therapy next week and think it will be an important part of my recovery. Take care everyone.

Rodney
rudd

Postby subster58 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Rodney, congrats on the clean time and going to theraphy. Moving forward and doing positive things for yourself. Hoping the WDs lessen
Godspeed
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby tw15t3d » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Hey Rodney,
Good to see you are seeking some therapy! Why do you feel shameful may I ask? You are doing great! Getting close to the 2 week mark! Hope you are feeling better today!
tw15t3d

Postby rudd » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:30 am

Hi TW. Ths guilt is something i've been deeling with because I am not myself with my wife and kids. Even when i'm feeling fairly good, i'm still very tired most of the time (with the exception of some days). Since I started sub, I went on a rapid taper and therefore I was sick for a month now and its very emotionally rough. If we only had hindsight!!

Well its day 13 and I hope it is better then yesterday. 1 day I feel ok and another I feel like crap. Yesterday was not the greatest and I felt rotton most of the day (the day before was a very good day). I know things should level off but some days really get to me. How are things going for you TW. I hope they are getting better for ya.
rudd

Postby tw15t3d » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:54 am

Hey Rodney,
I know how you feel about the guilt...and it's not only fatigue, you don't want to be touched, you are extremely emotional, and you can't seem to think straight. People on the outside feel helpless and don't know how to deal with it, which is understandable of course. You should be a better person(not the best) at about 3 weeks.

I am doing good :) If i compare to first week, I'd say 50% better...don't be too surprised though when you think you are out of the woods, and then all of a sudden you start back WDs for a day or two. It's normal..sub has that wicked 2 steps forward, 3 steps back method.

You are doing great, and keep hanging on! I hope tomorrow is better!
tw15t3d

Postby subster58 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:03 am

Hi Rodney, you are doing great even though you feel like crap. It will be a short memory with your family, when Daddy had the bad flu. Emotions come out at a drop of a hat. I cry ALOT, off and on, get pissed etc.
Very normal which I know that doesn't help much, subs sux for a reason. I went to rehab in 1989 and 1990 for narcotics, got one clonidine patch, and in one month, was back at work and raising 2 girls.
Not like this long drawn out torture shit with meth and subs. Your banking days for your new life, and you'll be back, but even better. I'm :mrgreen: with envey,lol wish I had your clean days. It will come when I have the courage to get off this evil devil drug from hell.
Your doing it
Give yourself alot of credit,
Love and Peace
Godspeed
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Stories