New to suboxone/weaning off right away

Please post, share, or read your personal story here

Re: New to suboxone/weaning off right away

Postby rudd » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:49 am

Good morning everyone. I had a strange morning. I woke up at about 5:30am and I felt relativly fine. I went downstairs (to avoid waking anyone) and watched some TV. At 6:45, I went and woke the kids, fed them and got them off to school. At about 9am, I started to feel w/d's coming so I took my 1mg tab. It done nothing!! I'm sticking to 1mg today and will not spike (I haven't spiked since I started, so I won't start now). Does anyone think i'm pushing my taper to fast? I'm definately going to beat this ( I have no doubt in that!!!!) but I want to do it with as little discomfort as possible. Before the wife and kids get home today, i'm going to smoke a joint so when they arrive, I will be smiling and not showing signs of discomfort. Also, i'm calling my sub doctor today and removing myself from his patient list. This will ensure that I stick to my plan and avoid having a safety net. Take that Freddie!!!! Thats the 1st bad thing I said to Freddie. I try not to say bad things to him so he will leave me alone. I hope I didn't stir the pot.lol. I believe my faith in God will get me through this final stretch (and of course, all of you!!).

Thank you everyone

Rodney
Last edited by rudd on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rudd

Postby subster58 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:27 am

Rodney, good for you, you can do it. I;m wavering, started 1mg today, .5mg x2, bitch cutting the 8mg strips, but easier than going back to the MF subsucker dick MD, sorry but I'm pissed that he started me at 32mg, history, pushing thru.
Sticking close to your thread. know everyone is different with WDS, but know they are here. I'm here for you all the way.
Love and Peace
Tia :kiss:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby tw15t3d » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 pm

rudd wrote:Good morning everyone. I had a strange morning. I woke up at about 5:30am and I felt relativly fine. I went downstairs (to avoid waking anyone) and watched some TV. At 6:45, I went and woke the kids, fed them and got them off to school. At about 9am, I started to feel w/d's coming so I took my 1mg tab. It done nothing!! I'm sticking to 1mg today and will not spike (I haven't spiked since I started, so I won't start now). Does anyone think i'm pushing my taper to fast? I'm definately going to beat this ( I have no doubt in that!!!!) but I want to do it with as little discomfort as possible. Before the wife and kids get home today, i'm going to smoke a joint so when they arrive, I will be smiling and not showing signs of discomfort. Also, i'm calling my sub doctor today and removing myself from his patient list. This will ensure that I stick to my plan and avoid having a safety net. Take that Freddie!!!! Thats the 1st bad thing I said to Freddie. I try not to say bad things to him so he will leave me alone. I hope I didn't stir the pot.lol. I believe my faith in God will get me through this final stretch (and of course, all of you!!).

Thank you everyone

Rodney

Hey Rodney,
I will give you a blunt answer by seeing this post: 'I'm dropping to 1mg tomorrow, then .5 wednesday, then .25 for 2 days'. You might feel some discomfort..and when this fast and strong through this taper, don't expect relief from what you take..UNLESS you stabilize yourself for around 3-4 days...and when you get from .5 and under..train your mind to quit expecting relief..because you won't be feeling any relief anymore..I find this a good thing though, it is getting your mind ready for your jump! Take it as a good thing!

I really hope you will feel better soon...you definitely deserve it!
From Orange To Green, Sub Fecking Free: 03/17/12
tw15t3d

Postby rudd » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Thank you TW. I love it when people are blunt (I never take it the wrong way). After I made my post, I started feeling comfortable. Even now!! What I will try tomorrow is, I will start my day with .5mg and if w/d's get severe, I will try .25mg more and see what happens. I know people might think i'm crazy when I say this but last night I was watching some tv and all of a sudden my whole body began to tingle and felt almost numb and it continued for about 5 or 10 minutes. I was so comfortable during this and it felt almost as if my body was trying to heal itself. After it went away, I felt great for the rest of the night. I am a very strong believer in my faith and part of me felt as if something more was at play in this. I know some people might think that i'm crazy but it was such a warm feeling and I embraced it. Maybe all the drugs are making me crazy. lol. On another note; I here many stories of when people are tapering at low levels, they can't stay out of the bathroom. I am the opposite!! I can't go and as you can imagine, it is very uncomfortable and can be dangerous. Has anybody else gone through this and if so, can you give advice on it?

Thank you again

Rodney
rudd

Postby tw15t3d » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:56 pm

I think that is a good idea, but by how you've been doing, you might be ok! But as long as it's something..anything is an achievement!

I understand your direction to prayer, and I think if it works then go for it!

I myself have told myself about praying, but I have a hard time remembering to..lol.

I am having the issue of not being able to go..but I take immodium, and it's a double edged sword..are you taking immodium? I don't have very good advice on your issue, and hope someone will swing by with some experience on that.
tw15t3d

Postby subster58 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi Rodney, try peri-colace. mild laxative with stool softner, generic is fine. everyones detox is different and must be changed to meet that persons needs. you might not need it later, also hot prune juice may work, uck, fresh fruit and lots of fluids, even hot water with lemon, or molasses in water. Just a few suggestions.
Hope it works out for you,
Godspeed
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby tw15t3d » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:57 pm

Fleet will blow your ass out..lol..whoo!
tw15t3d

Postby rudd » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:12 pm

tw15t3d wrote:Fleet will blow your ass out..lol..whoo!

I think i'll stick to the constipation.lol. Thanks for all the advice. I can't help but laugh that i'm receiving advice like this on an open board. The things this drug gets me into.lol. I'll just push real hard.lol.

Thanks tw and Tia
rudd

Postby cheeps » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:38 pm

I'll just push real hard.lol. Thanks tw and Tia

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: OOOOOUUUUWWWIIREE!!!

Rodney, very proud of you to get this far so quickly....now, if you can stand it....stay on the .75 for a week, then go to .5 for a week.....then .25 for a week. Normally I'd say jump as soon as you can....but with the previous meth use....I'd like to see you slow down in the smaller doses. Do you have much fat reserve? What type of body do you have?

cheeps
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby rudd » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:03 am

cheeps wrote:
I'll just push real hard.lol. Thanks tw and Tia

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: OOOOOUUUUWWWIIREE!!!

Rodney, very proud of you to get this far so quickly....now, if you can stand it....stay on the .75 for a week, then go to .5 for a week.....then .25 for a week. Normally I'd say jump as soon as you can....but with the previous meth use....I'd like to see you slow down in the smaller doses. Do you have much fat reserve? What type of body do you have?

Hi Cheeps. Its so nice too hear from you again. You seem to be a great help to alot of peeps here. Good on you for that and take pride in what your doing.

I started .5 today and I think I might just take that. I I will be making an early jump (this weekend). I have to except the pain and keep my faith as fuel (and all of you). I am expecting to be sick for a while (maybe a month) but so be it because I did this to myself, I have excepted responsibility for this and hopefully I will heal faster then my estimate. My sons birthday is May 1st and I set a goal to be better for that (I hope). I have to be honest with you, with the exception of a couple days, my taper has not been too bad. Even today is not to bad YET. I do understand that when I make the jump, I will more then likely be very sick (acute w/d) for quite a while but time heals everything (I HOPE!!!). I have some comfort meds as well and have been even trying some weed and it seems to help alot in the evenings. I didn't smoke it in quite a while but figured if it helps terminal illness, it should help this.

To answer your question; I am in very good shape with little to no fat. I have always been very active and stayed in shape by walking (my beautiful Alaskin Huskey) and working out at the gym(I haven't seen the gym in a couple months). Lets not forget, I also have devilish good looks (that should help right. lol.). Don't get me wrong, you seem very knowledged in this and if your persistant that my plan is a very bad idea, then I will definately consider it. I am considering going to a detox facility for a couple weeks when I jump. Let me know what you think. Thank you Cheeps. Great hearing from you again. Rodney
cheeps
Last edited by rudd on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
rudd

Postby tw15t3d » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:42 am

Hey Rodney,

I just LOVE your no shit attitude!

You will be uncomfortable, but don't expect hell! It is the long drawn at process that screws with your mind. I want to add that if you have lack of energy, marijuana can contribute to that..but if the good outweighs the bad..then go ahead and toke it!

And if you got yourself a huskey, run that beauty! I run my dobie 6 days out of the week and I have to say, running can get the most endorphins out, because of more exertion, but I did noticed that after smoking jane once this weekend REALLY affected my performance.

Good luck to you and hope things stay manageable for you today!
tw15t3d

Postby rudd » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks tw. I started today by taking .5mg but decided to not push too hard and took .25mg more. I will do the same tomorrow. My jump has changed too Sunday. 1st time I changed my plan and it bothers me a bit. I need this crap out of my life. My back is very sore and pretty bad headache is the worse part of it.

Rodney
rudd

Postby tw15t3d » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Can you take Exedrin for headache? Motrin/Advil/Ibuprofen for body pain and good for chills in the future.
tw15t3d

Postby subster58 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi Rodney, I'm also having daily wicked headaches, advil helps some. Don't strain too hard you don't want a heart attack. We talk almost about everything, so whatever your comfortable with.
Wishing you the best with whatever you decide, I'm with you till the end
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby tw15t3d » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Ah that's right..heart..don't take exedrin..prob can't take caffeine.
tw15t3d

Postby cheeps » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:11 pm

Rodney, if you have comfort meds and an understanding wife, you should be fine. There will be a time period 4 to 7 days in that you may feel like jerky crap for 24 hours but it's very doable. Do not fear the w/d's. Whatkind of comfort meds do you have?

If you jump and you absolutely cannot deal.....take .5 for a week, .25 for another week and try again.

Most detox/rehabs know nothing about sub jump.....by all means go for the program after detox if that floats your boat..
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby rudd » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:24 am

cheeps wrote:Rodney, if you have comfort meds and an understanding wife, you should be fine. There will be a time period 4 to 7 days in that you may feel like jerky crap for 24 hours but it's very doable. Do not fear the w/d's. Whatkind of comfort meds do you have?

If you jump and you absolutely cannot deal.....take .5 for a week, .25 for another week and try again.

Most detox/rehabs know nothing about sub jump.....by all means go for the program after detox if that floats your boat..

Hi Cheeps. Yes my wife is very understanding to this. Although understandably, she has know idea on what i'm going through and how she can make it better. I told her that all I need is love and patience and time will heal this. The comfort meds I have are: clonidine (.1mg), Advil (400mg), vitamins and a sleep aid but I am trying to avoid taking the prescribed sleeping pill and currently I am trying Melatonin because it is all natural. I am also smoking some weed. It really seems to help lift my spirit. I can't take immodium because I am having an extreme problem going to the bathroom and I would not want to prolong that. If that changes, then I will get some. Today I took .5mg and will repeat tomorrow. Saturday I plan to take .25 and make my jump Sunday. I am only considering going in a detox faclity if my w/d's are extreme. I don't want my kids seeing me like that. I am playing it day by day. If there is something else I should get then let me know and I will get them.

Thanks Cheeps

Rodney
rudd

Postby subster58 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:40 am

Hi Rodney, wishing you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do. I understand the feeling of wanting it over.
do what you can, you'll know. Your a true inspiration.
Godspeed
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby rudd » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:14 am

subster58 wrote:Hi Rodney, wishing you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do. I understand the feeling of wanting it over.
do what you can, you'll know. Your a true inspiration.
Godspeed
Tia

Thank you Tia. Right now, I am more worried about you then myself. Your taper seems very rough on you and my heart goes out to you for that. Don't worry about your neighbor right now. Save your energy for you and when you beat this, then help others. Help yourself for now!! You are in my prayers Tia.

Rodney
rudd

Postby tw15t3d » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:30 am

Hey Rodney,
I so understand your wife..her and my husband need to talk..he treats me like I have cancer..lol. I find we are so blessed to have understanding spouses! I don't think we can do this without a caring spouse!

I don't think your WD's will ever be extreme..but if you feel that..then take .15 or .10 to alleviate it. I really don't think facilities understand suboxone WD's just yet...sad I know.

I have such faith in you, that you are going to do this! You are already doing so well!
tw15t3d

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Stories