New to suboxone/weaning off right away

Please post, share, or read your personal story here

Re: New to suboxone/weaning off right away

Postby subster58 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:05 am

Rudd, so gald to hear from you and that you are doing well. Congrats on being off the subsucker for 4 years, awesome. You are a true inspiration and give many people hope.
yeahh Rudd :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Love ya
Tia :kiss:
Last edited by subster58 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby rudd45 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Hello everyone. I thought I would send everyone a post to let you know how I'm doing and what I have been up to for the past few years. Well on April 3rd,it will be 4 years since I made my jump and I am very proud to say,I never looked back. I have never taken another pill. When I made my jump, it was a very trying time and it wasn't the most pleasant experience of my life but the lost feelings do go away and in time, you do return to living the life you had previous to addiction. It take determination and somewhat of an attitude while going through the process. I have often thought of everyone on here that helped and supported through my turmoil and I have always been very thankful for all the advice and words of encouragement that was given to me from so many great people hear. I didn't turn my back on anybody here. I have been extremely busy making up lost time with my family. I am happy to say ,I did everything I said I would do and went back to school. I would welcome anybody that is struggling to make their jump to read through my entire news feed and take some of my experiences and advice that was given to me and feel free to use it for your own. If anybody has any questions for me, feel free to ask and I will do my best to help.take care everyone.
rudd45

Postby cheeps » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:47 pm

You go mr Rudd!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:48 pm

It is so good of you to report back....it's very encouraging for the newbies and peeps with a few months off to KNOW that the brain can heal given time. Supercool my man! 8-) 8-) :banana: :banana:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:50 pm

You last reported at 4 months....do you remember how you felt at nine months or a year?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby rudd45 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:43 pm

It took around a year for my brain to feel reprogrammed and back to normal. The first few months were back and forth but after the initial withdrawal symptoms to go away (month or two), it was very manageable. The key for me or anyone else trying to beat an addiction such as this is to want it more then anything else. You need to separate yourself from anything or anyone that might trigger the chances for failure.
rudd45

Postby subster58 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi Rudd, so great to hear from you and congrats on your continued sobriety. I think I was a few months after you. Miracles are still possible and we are proof
Peace.
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby CTCheryl » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:27 am

Rudd, that was key for me too. I had to stay away from a lot of toxic people I thought were my "friends" and a lot of people that just wanted to moan and groan about the life cards they've been dealt. At some point you have to put action behind the words. I wish many people around my life would!!
Your statement about wanting this more than anything else was my mantra...I also used my baby grandson as motivation because I would not be allowed to see him otherwise.

The mental part stays for a long time but is totally manageable using exercise, whether it be the mental exercise or physical. But it also took about a year for me. You always shared very interesting information and I want to thank you for it.

I wish you well, and hope you'll continue to check back in with us all!!

Cheryl
CTCheryl

Postby rudd45 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:00 am

Your very welcome. I have always intended to make posts here from time to time but was having a hard time logging into my account (hence: the new user name).I am very open to what I went through and spend a lot of time speaking with people with addiction to try to educate them on the potential life they could have. I know a lot of people on here are scared and don't want to go through the withdrawals but I am a testament that it goes away and a normal life is very achievable.Tia, it so nice to hear that you beat the demon. You had a hard go with it but stayed strong and won!!!! I will post when I can but my work and family keep me extremely busy so forgive me if I don't get back to someone in a timely manner. Life is great!!!!!
rudd45

Postby cheeps » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:39 am

And that folks.....is how it is on the other side!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subster58 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:44 pm

Thanks Rudd, what was your other user name. Can't remember that far back, just Rudd, right?
It's good to hear you are busy with family and life, Great. Yes I did have a rough time, much of it was my own fault, but been off subs 3 years and 8 and 1/2 months. But who's counting lol. I disappeared for about a year or so due to other medical issues and one day just popped in and it felt good. So I'm trying to give back somewhat to people who want off subs. If I can get off anyone can from 32mg to 0mg. I received so much understanding and support from the people here. Never could of done it without them.
So happy you are doing so well.
Peace
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby rudd45 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Horrible news today. Lost a very close friend. He was taking methadone and I think was abusing other drugs. Very sad day!!!!
rudd45

Postby subster58 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:21 pm

Rudd, I am so very sorry for the loss of your close friend "But for the Grace of GOD go I". We survived from our drug addiction. I'm so sorry your friend didn't
sending lots of love and prayers your way.
Tia :kiss: :angel:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Previous

Return to Personal Stories