HEllO ALL! Clean off subs since 2011

Please post, share, or read your personal story here

HEllO ALL! Clean off subs since 2011

Postby aliciakay » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:34 pm

I just wanted to hop on here to give some inspiration to those that are suffering. I got off of subs in 2013 and if it wasn't for this site I don't think I would have made it through the withdrawals by myself. No one around me understood what I was going through, my only life-line to being understood were the others on this site experiencing the same thing along with me and I will forever be grateful for that. My pill/cocaine addiction spanned about 10 yrs, I was on subs for 2-2 half years and decide one day to simply quit. I was taking 3-4 8mg subs a day and stopped cold turkey, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. The first 3 months were god-awful, I felt like I was going to die but i crawled until I could walk, the withdrawals would come in waves, eventually smaller waves, in all it took about 1 year for me to be completely clear of symptoms. It was the hardest, yet the best thing I have ever done for myself. I have reclaimed my life and am living it to the fullest. I have a few things I want to share with everyone that helped me along my way..... " Knowledge is Power" the more you know and understand, the better off and more equipped you are to deal with the situation. " Fix the shit in your head" figure out why you want to get high, and come to an understanding that getting high might numb you for a little while, but it will not solve the problem and you must either come to terms with your issues or work on fixing them. " You are responsible for your choices" doesn't matter if your childhood was shitty or your bf got you started on dope, you are the only one that decides what goes in your body. " Live your life to make those you love and who love you better"....... these are the main things that helped me get clean and stay clean. I have not had a craving in YEARS, I have no urge or want to get high. The guy who created this site once said that life sucks, it sucks if your sober or if your high, it just sucks in general, but it is the little things that make it worthwhile and there is so much truth to that. We all have some sort of cross to bare, but you must hold your head up and crawl if you have to, walk when you can. Better days are coming I promise, there is a rainbow after the storm. As I sit here writing this I almost want to cry, for the pain I know a lot of you are going through and for how thankful I am this site was here to get me through the worst days. Much love to all........
Alicia
aliciakay

Re: HEllO ALL! Clean off subs since 2011

Postby cheeps » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:40 am

Alicia!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: So good to hear from you!! I've always known in my heart that you've been good and clean all these years. You wanted so badly you jumped off that high dose. I'm so so happy you have come back to post!!! Your words are powerful and badly needed. We must have hope and you just gave that to soooo many peeps here and for years to come.

You really understood ratchets message about life and those small things are so important! My son got married this year and I know your fams is growing up too. Aren't you glad you can enjoy it?? :cheers: :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Return to Personal Stories