The weather has gone hog wild!!

Football, music, recipes, links to photos...anything and everything you want to talk about. Feel free to read or create a new topic and also to STFU! ANY recommendations for any herbal, man made, or artificial supplements or treatments should be made in the Fun zone so we dont have to piss our money away on garbage!

Re: The weather has gone hog wild!!

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:12 pm

I actually had to scrape a ton of snow from my car today.
Crazy weather!
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby cheeps » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:05 am

Whaaaaat? Snow....what the HELL is that? We return to the 80s this weekend....phoooey...this is nuts.

I went out to a ballgame in Wayne county last night. Some of the peeps took the normal back roads...mistake....the bus with the cheerleaders never made it. I guess they turned around and went home...coaches were late. It's really bad up there...every back road near the Neuse river is washed out. For the past few days there are conveys of yellow dot trucks and excavators...like 20 at the time!....leaving out of the dot garage. Those guys are getting double overtime and they are earning it.

Snow....send some!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:51 am

Snow only lasted a day and now it is gonna go back up to the sixties soon, apparently. :crazy: We never get snow this early so it was pretty fun.

I hope the overtime pay makes up for all the work down there. Sounds like one of those storms that people will talk about for years.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby cheeps » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:29 am

It wouldn't be so remarkable except for the flooding that happened and I hope that it's a wake up call to everyone about how quickly conditions can change. The general thinking is that once we've been thru a few hurricanes we know what to expect....except that isn't true. They are all different and we can't argue with Mother Nature.

It will be 80 later today or tomorrow. It's welcome but makes me feel uneasy as it's not normal. We save on the power bills but to what expense as a planet?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:40 am

Anyone happen to see"before the flood" on nat geo last night.?.?.? May have been the most important documentary ever made...amongst other things,I lost all respect for Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh and can't comprehend how far out of reality they live regarding this issue...I'm pretty conservative on most issues,but denying that this planet is in jeopardy of global warming is utterly preposterous.I enjoy listening to their personal witch hunt against Hillary,but the total disregard for what's happening to our planet cannot continue to be ignored.The fossil fuel industry is ruling this country into total inililation and paying special interests to discredit the true effects it's having on this planet,
Fucking people should be shot...

Our government should be the fucking leader in clean energy production and could create a whole new industry.
Imagine the economic impact of putting solar power on every fucking house in this country that has South and West exposure.American factories producing the panels,while American people install and manage the production.
while a whole other American based industry begin to erect wind generation systems 20 miles off our coastline...
The Germans are doing it...Denmark has days where they are 100% fossil free...why can't we.?.?.?
Because the fossil fuel industry would rather destroy the planet that's why...and I get the economic impact on all the people who work in the industry,but that wouldn't have to change.They all can continue working,only with a different commodity...Sun and Wind,rather than oil and gas...

None of what I'm saying is rocket science for christs sake,anyone with a half a brain can see what the fuck is happening here...on any given day our news is filled with bullshit that is absolutely useless to our wellbeing(who gives a fuck if Kim Kardashian got robbed in fucking Paris)while you very rarely read or hear anything about how rapidly the polar ice caps are melting and how much carbon dioxide is getting pumped into the atmosphere... You see the fucking Chinese wearing masks all the time on the news...it's because their air is so fucked up they are afraid to go out and breathe it...how fucked up does it have to get before we all wake the fuck up and realize...This is more important than anything else going on around us.?.?.?

I must admit,I never cared much for Leonardo DeCaprio but the guy has immersed himself in this issue pretty intensely and produced this documentary very,very well...He feels pretty passionate about this and did a great job making the rest of us see it for exactly what it is...I encourage everyone to find a way to watch this...it may change the way you prioritize what's important...

Sorry about the long rant...some things just get me going and I gotta talk about it....
Subblind

Postby Sub zero » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:49 pm

Subblind wrote:I lost all respect for Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh and can't comprehend how far out of reality they live regarding this issue...I'm pretty conservative on most issues,but denying that this planet is in jeopardy of global warming is utterly preposterous.

Subblind, I think that you are making assumptions here. Not a whole lot of people are denying climate change. What "deniers" have a problem with is that a causal relationship between fossil fuels/carbon emissions and present climate change has simply never been established. The problem is, climate change on Earth can just as easily happen without man's intervention. There can be fluctuations/increases in solar radiation which cause the planet to warm or cool (perhaps the past 2 million years our solar system has been moving through a dust cloud...and now we've exited it causing sunlight to intensify) - also changes in ocean currents and salinity can result in cooling or warming. The problem is, someone has made this a political issue...the Liberal Lefties and related "environmentalist wackos" aka "tree huggers" have chosen to blame carbon emissions....WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY SUBSTANTIAL SCIENTIFIC PROOF OF A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CURRENT CLIMATE CHANGE AND CARBON EMISSIONS. In short, it could be either man made, or completely natural. The point is, neither side has provided a shred of evidence to back up their outrageous claims. Until someone comes up with more convincing evidence...more convincing than some anti-fossil fuel rant by hippie types...I'm going to sit this one out and wait. :smart:
Methadone free since 8/15/2010...Sub free since 9/28/10...Alcohol free since 10/4/16
Sub zero

Postby Subblind » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:27 pm

Interesting...,common sense would suggest to me that by barraging the ozone layer of with carbon dioxide you could fuck something up...often times I apply simple,rational consideration to problems and come out with what seems the be the underlying cause...I'm certainly no scientist or a tree hugging liberal,so if you show me something that's got some validity to it,I'm either gonna believe it or try to figure it out with good,old fashioned common sense...and I guess since we can't go back and forget the progression of the world,post industrial revolution so we will never know if we were passing through a dust cloud and that's what the problem is...I just feel that,at this point why not reduce the fuck out of our carbon foot print and see if it changes how things are...I don't know my great-great grandchildren,nor will I ever actually,but I sure as fuck would hate to think something that could've helped RIGHT NOW,wasn't done to preserve their planet...

I'm should've said this at the beginning...it wasn't my intention to come off like a"save the whales" kind of freak... Just reacting to a pretty damn good documentary that was well done...
Subblind

Postby Sub zero » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:51 am

Subblind wrote:I just feel that,at this point why not reduce the fuck out of our carbon foot print and see if it changes how things are...I'm should've said this at the beginning...it wasn't my intention to come off like a"save the whales" kind of freak... Just reacting to a pretty damn good documentary that was well done...

I'm afraid that, at this point, it is virtually impossible to "reduce the fuck out of our carbon foot print" and see if it changes anything. Too little, too late...and it make take decades for changes, if any, to be measured. And who does the carbon reducing? Will Obama stop flying Air Force One all over the place to play golf? I mean...talk about one person spewing more carbon than hundreds of ordinary citizens combined. If some sort of rationing and restrictions are enacted...I can guarantee you it'll be the average schmuck who suffers the most. The Elite will still be heating and cooling their multiple mansions and driving their gas guzzling motorcades and yachts.

I didn't mean to say you came off sounding like a tree hugger or anything. I'm just saying there are equally good arguments that climate change could be man made or completely natural. Remember, for 99% of Earth's history we didn't have cold and snow. 5-10 million years ago, there were crocodiles and rhinos basking in lagoons here in what is now Ohio...yep, we had a subtropical, Florida-like climate this far north during the Tertiary Period. The modern human species arose only during the last Ice Age...and technically, we still live in an "Interglacial" period. That's all we know, that's all we've ever known. So when the global temperature rises a few degrees...we freak out...throw a tantrum and begin seeking someone or something to blame it on - kind of like the Europeans engaging in "witch hunts" following The Plague....I mean, somebody's gotta be held accountable, right?.
Last edited by Sub zero on Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Methadone free since 8/15/2010...Sub free since 9/28/10...Alcohol free since 10/4/16
Sub zero

Postby Subblind » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:29 pm

Yup...somebody's got to be accountable and it sure the fuck won't be anyone in the oil/coal industry I'm sure...
Your probably 100% accurate in that the powers that be that he would rather take the only vehicle away from some poor schmuck trying to make a living than to cut off Obamas plane access,but wouldn't using the sun to generate our electric system be slightly less toxic than continuing to run coal fired facilities.?.?.? That's what I'm getting at... It would make a fucking Hugh difference on a global scale...just makes common sense to take that load out of the equation for starters...I heard on yet another Nat geo program people in Florida and Nevada have lost all their incentive to use solar on residential applications because the power companies in those regions are paying off the fucking politicians because they are losing fucking money...WTF is wrong with that set up.?.?.?
It's someone paying off someone to keep their fucking greed raging,and at what expense to the environment.?.?.?
Subblind

Postby Sub zero » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:33 am

Subblind wrote:I heard on yet another Nat geo program people in Florida and Nevada have lost all their incentive to use solar on residential applications because the power companies in those regions are paying off the fucking politicians because they are losing fucking money...WTF is wrong with that set up.?.?.?
It's someone paying off someone to keep their fucking greed raging,and at what expense to the environment.

Shit man. Welcome to the US Government. Where have you been the past few decades? You just described above everything that is wrong with our system today. Money rules, corporations rule, screw the "little people".
Sub zero

Postby Sub zero » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:32 am

Supposed to be 72 degrees and sunny here today in the Ohio Valley 8-) Pretty damn warm for mid November and north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Not to worry you Global Warmers however...the high here on Saturday is supposed to be 40, with lows in the mid-20's and possible snow flurries.

How is the weather in your neck of the woods?
Sub zero

Postby Subblind » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:15 am

27 degrees with sustained winds at 44 mph...,that's FUCKING kill ya cold...

I'm doing a"rare" NYC job today,so I get the pleasure of experiencing this cold while hauling my tools and a ladder through the streets of NYC without the protection of my truck(VAN :wave:),that oughta work wonders for my rickety old spine...only Eyedotz could possibly have worse weather to deal with.

I need to find a Realtor in South Florida,Fuck this...
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:23 am

South Carolina would be better...then I can come camp out on your lawn!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:25 am

Oh, I was wondering....how do people keep animals up north? I have a GSD and a Pom that live outside and I bring them in on 20 degree nights. They have insulated houses and lots of shavings....but how do dogs up north survive?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Sub zero » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:14 pm

Subblind wrote:27 degrees with sustained winds at 44 mph...,that's FUCKING kill ya cold...

5 degrees at sunrise with a steady breeze here in SW Ohio....that's burn your face cold...
Sub zero

Postby Sub zero » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:21 pm

Subblind wrote:I'm doing a"rare" NYC job today,so I get the pleasure of experiencing this cold while hauling my tools and a ladder through the streets of NYC without the protection of my truck(VAN :wave:),that oughta work wonders for my rickety old spine...only Eyedotz could possibly have worse weather to deal with. I need to find a Realtor in South Florida,Fuck this...

Yeah. You can haul your tools and ladder across the scorching Florida asphalt where both the temperature and humidity are in the 90's for most of the period between April and October :mrgreen:
Sub zero

Postby The Blind Ass » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:52 am

I am in the triangle (NC) the weather is as bizarre as ever. Just wont make up its mind. This week : a low of 16 and a high of 72. Not to bad comparing it to some other places I have lived. (looking at you CT and Mex)

edit: Just realized this was from 2011... :smart:
The Blind Ass

Postby cheeps » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:56 am

Oh hell no...this is an active thread dude! Yep....today is 70 and the fish says we are getting ready to nose dive to cold hell again! At least he's honest....this crazy mess has he and Elizabeth really shrugging their shoulders!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby The Blind Ass » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:17 pm

On the way to pick up cigs today I drove by a thermometer that said outside temp was 74 F...

Oh and I was wearing 4 layers. t-shirt, long sleeve thermal, a sweater, and a heavy coat....and a snow cap :) haha I must have looked crazy - but screw it, this is my day too.
The Blind Ass

Postby cheeps » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:51 pm

just becuz its funny and I have a mean hen that will do that.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fun Stuff, Off-Topic, & Supplements