The weather has gone hog wild!!

Football, music, recipes, links to photos...anything and everything you want to talk about. Feel free to read or create a new topic and also to STFU! ANY recommendations for any herbal, man made, or artificial supplements or treatments should be made in the Fun zone so we dont have to piss our money away on garbage!

Re: The weather has gone hog wild!!

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:42 am

Whew, Cheeps, I hope you are stocked up on everything you might need. Good luck!
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

Hozier-Arsonist's Lullabye

Telling subs to fuck off since March 20, 2017
CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby cheeps » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:41 pm

I bought my ceremonial loaf of bread today. Left the milk for the kiddies though. I bought gas for the generator and some tarps to cover the building that has a roof that needs to fly away. I do have a 1000$ deductible but if it has to be replaced, after a hurricane is the best time to do it.

My son got all the old gas out of the generator and I had my small repair guy clean the carborator because it was gunked up. Hopefully this shit will go AWAY. But they said it could come back. This is going to be one of those storms that's going to fool the weather geeks. I think Florida is the place that's going to get pounded.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:51 pm

Storms are scary...anyone who doesn't respect the power of these things are foolish.and usually after you go through it and live,you then live like your fucking camping for days/ weeks at a time...fucking miserable.
After Sandy,we had people here without power for 28 days...and it was cold enough to snow days after the storm struck...and forget about the fucking gasoline lines and fist fights in the grocery stores...People get very barbaric when they lose access to basic shit,doing shit you wouldn't imagine civilized people would ever do...
Subblind

Postby Subblind » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:24 pm

To any of my SS FRIENDS dealing with the monster Matthew,please keep safe and get prepared the best you can...Mother Natures a nasty bitch,and she will do as she pleases...best advice,fill your gas tank and put a $1,000 in cash in your wallet.no power means no gas,no banks,no fucking ATM...NO fucking NOTHING..and that could go on for days...and in the words of the immortal Mel Brooke's..."May the Schwartz be with you"
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Well....that's excellent advice....which I had a thousand to put in my wallet!

It's just starting to creep in here.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:23 pm

I know,easier said than done but gotta Put in whatever you can...when I lived down in Florida that was the method of getting out of state when shit was hitting the fan...you can get any where and back with a FULL tank and a grand in your pocket.

You are far enough inland that this one shouldn't cause you too much shit...fucking storms are nothing but a pain in the ass...before,during and after.they do however spark the local construction economy with insurance money for a while so that's the only silver lining you can look for.
If you needed a new roof anyway,good way to get the fucking thing done...except for that new goddamn hurricane deductible...you can get around that shit too if you play your cards right...
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:01 pm

The only roof I need is on a building out back....I don't think the deductible would cover it but might turn it in in case Matthew comes back. :mrgreen:

I'm 60 miles inland but we are located right smack where the highest rainfall and wind gusts are supposed to be. And of course...that's prolly gonna be the only thing they predict correctly. :lol: But I don't have to worry about flooding here just a yard full of water....I'm on one of the higher spots in the area and all the fields around me have drainage ditches and clay drains so it runs off to there. I've gotten stuck in the yard before...the grass gets slick as hell....you don't even see any ruts because the grass is so dense.

As long as it doesn't come roaring over the house like Fran did...I'm good.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Re: The weather has gone hog wild!t

Postby Subblind » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:03 pm

---CHEEPS UPDATE--- ---CHEEPS UPDATE--- ---CHEEPS UPDATE--- ---CHEEPS UPDATE ---CHEEPS UPDATE---
Cheeps Area was hit pretty hard by the storm...I heard from her via PM and she is fine and her house and property are ok too...Her area is without power and shes trying to maintain her phone battery and being conservative with it...
She may be without power for @7days so we may not hear much from her,she wanted me to pass that along to everyone...The bulk of the damage in her area is road collapse due to torrential rain and undermining in certain areas...she said it basically looks like bombs went off and blew the shit out of sections of some roads...
Being without power sucks for and hour and she may be without for a week...Lets hope the utility companies down in that region get some help from the rest of the power companies on the east coast and get everyone up and running ASAP... WE NEED TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN...Or at least get CHEEPS her fucking power back on :thumbup:
Subblind

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:10 am

Thanks for the update subblind! I was wondering how she was. Having no electricity blows! I hope the time estimates she got were conservative and she gets it back on sooner. I hope all the power line workers are making bank! And MAGA to you too, lol

CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby Eyedotz » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:29 am

Sending positive thoughts and wishes to my pal cheeps. I hope your birdies didn't have little heart attacks! Really glad you're ok at least, no power sucks so I feel for you dude. At least you can charge phone in your car? Love, dotz
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby Subblind » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:31 am

Dotz, she said something about the charging port on her phone being fucked up... May not have understood that part of her message,but somethings screwey with something...how's that for accuracy... :crazy:
I would be one pissed off person if my power were out for a week,so she may be a little cranky waking up to no fucking coffee pot,no computer,no TV(she was wanting play by play of the debate)no AC and it's still hot in her region I'm sure... I'm just glad she has a roof and nobody got hurt...she's got generator power but that lasts as long as the gasoline you have on hand so that can only be run conservatively too...POOR CHEEPS...and she missed the Debate of the fucking century too...
Subblind

Postby Sub zero » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:22 am

Gonna be 85 degrees here in the Ohio Valley today. That's fucked up for October and TBH I'm really looking forward to some cold, dreary weather where you can snuggle up in your blankets and read a good book or whatever. This whole summer has been hot every single day...and don't get me started on the unnatural appearance of the Sun and sky this year...glaring, blinding silvery sky...no longer blue..and almost painful to look at.
III %

Methadone free since 8/15/2010...Sub free since 9/28/10...Alcohol free since 10/4/16
Sub zero

Postby Subblind » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:22 am

Weird warm weather in October is not so unusual.you get some cool days and then bam,it gets hot again...I recall that happening most years ...my AC just came on as I'm typing this...at 1:10 am.
I do hear you on the sky being a bit different.im thinking that's the lessening of the ozone layer that your observing.
I got some hellacious sun burn in less than 30 minutes recently and I was amazed how fast and how fucking bad it was...literally 30 minutes on the water without a shirt and I was damn near blistering from it.That would've never happened 20 years ago...and I know that,I've been shirtless for days in the same conditions and never got cooked like that.the planet is different my friend...too many people doing too many things collectively are slowly fucking it in to oblivion.makes you wonder how much longer it can take it...
Subblind

Postby Sub zero » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:45 am

Thanks for backing up my observations. The "fluorescent" sky here in SW Ohio has been really noticeable this Summer. I also began to suspect holes in the ozone layer - because some people in other parts of the country tell me they don't have a clue what I'm talking about. It is very unpleasant to look at without eye protection. I agree with you that it is different now and easier to get sunburned. I myself don't spend long periods out in the Sun these days...but I have noticed that when you first step out into the Sun, you get a stinging sensation on your shoulders and back...even when wearing a shirt.
III %

Methadone free since 8/15/2010...Sub free since 9/28/10...Alcohol free since 10/4/16
Sub zero

Postby Subblind » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:03 am

Fuck yes there is a difference.anyone denying that is living in a fantasy land.this world has been polluting the planet since before the industrial revolution...we have fucking destroyed the protective layer that's keeping us from being scorched by the fucking sun...if you could view the distrucion from space and the see cumulative impact we throw at our environment on a daily basis you would freak out...NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC has had some amazing documentaries about it...it's fucking mind blowing how bad we've fucked this planet up...and it just keeps happening every fucking day...That nostrodomos shit about the world being consumed by fire...well maybe there is something to that...what the fuck do I know..?.?.?
Subblind

Postby Sub zero » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:34 am

Things may be worse than they're telling us. All the scientific organizations and all the sophisticated equipment is monopolized by the government - so they may be fudging the numbers and may be keeping us "in the dark" because they want to avoid widespread panic.
III %

Sub zero

Postby CheeZeeAnnDee » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:20 am

Wow, other people have noticed it too! I keep telling people the sunlight feels different the past few years. I have been assuming it is a change in the actual amounts of radiations we are getting, like solar flare changes, etc...waiting for a big one to knock out all the electronics...that will be fun. :shock:

CheeZeeAnnDee

Postby cheeps » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:50 am

Hello everybody, I am finally back in the land of the living! So much devastation here in so many ways! Of course the power went out for a week...it came back on in the surrounding neighborhood but those of us that had individual transformers blow had to wait up to 3 extra days...and of course, that was us. Power back was great but then the phone company had to throw down wire in ditchbanks where all those ugly pedestals were under water. Our landline connections didn't all get fixed until a few days ago...that wiped out the internet in most of the county. First time that's happened that I can remember. A huge wake up call for the phone company, they haven't had good record keeping for years so they had mucho trouble figuring out why the red square peg didn't fit in the round blue hole. My ex, who worked for Sprint/Centurylink years ago, said this would happen....and it really fucked up everything. :thumbdown:

And the bad part about it is...our area in the northern part of the county isn't as bad as the southern part or the two counties over that really got nailed. If you look up Lumberton NC...that's what many peeps around here had to deal with.

A good friend of mine from up the road where I95 got washed out had the worst height of the storm experience one could have. He wasn't aware of the instant flooding and was trying to get home about two hours before the worst of the storm hit. When he had to turn around to avoid flooded roads, he became trapped between two creeks that turned into rivers. A normal 35 minute drive home from raleigh to Dunn nc became a 2.5 hour ordeal in the semi darkness. He finally had to get out of his car in the driving rain and walk thru a flooded area to see how deep it was before he decided to drive thru it. He made it but his car lost traction once and he seriously thought he was a goner. His phone was dead from using GPS so no one knew where he was. If that had happened to me, I'd still be freaking out. This is how all flooded road victims die.

It's been a massive effort by everyone in the county to get there friends and family looked after. The stores in the hard hit areas ran out of everything....even jars of relish and black olives. Some had damage to the computer systems and are still closed....there was no food in many places for days. We are collecting clothes, shoes, blankets, and basics still....now that it's turned off cool, peeps are suffering. Nothing they have can be saved and worn because of the bacteria in the flood waters.

Today is the first day I felt like I could take time and post. I should be on my way to a clothes drive. so everyone out there that can, give blood or a donation to Red Cross for hurricane Matthew. If you are broke or don't give....just keep the hardest hit in your thoughts.

Don't worry about me...II am just fine. Take care of each other here!!! :banana:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Fuck...fucking fuck...fuck...,shit lady you got the shit end of that stick for sure...it's hard for anyone to even fathom the shit your describing unless you've lived that kind of nightmare....went through Gloria in 85 and Andrew whenever the fuck that was,I forget...absolute fucking misery.
I'm really happy to hear your ok physically and hope like hell your friends and neighbors get their shit together ASAP...what's the goddamn govt doing for you?.?.? Fucking Douchbags should be setting up a small city for you all to stay in while everything gets back to normal...fat fucking chance on that...
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:39 pm

Oh I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all,night and I sleep all day. I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra...I wish I was a girlie...just like my dear papaaaa!

It's a beautiful day in NC...fall is here! Ready for a wintercane.....NOT!!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fun Stuff, Off-Topic, & Supplements