click if you like to ponder(and have free time)

Football, music, recipes, links to photos...anything and everything you want to talk about. Feel free to read or create a new topic and also to STFU! ANY recommendations for any herbal, man made, or artificial supplements or treatments should be made in the Fun zone so we dont have to piss our money away on garbage!

click if you like to ponder(and have free time)

Postby chadderall » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:01 pm

Ok dudes. i know most of you may not check this out. but im ok with that. But if i can get one person to ponder with me, im happy. I may not be good at relating to people but if someone needs ideas entertained, or needs ideas to entertain im your guy.

So i came across this band wax fang through American dad( i know i know) but i cant stop listening to them. The song majestic is there top hit and its friggin beautiful. I had it in my head the whole time i was withdrawing, so i listened to it a lot. It was the one thing i could give my brain that it wanted that wouldn't give me the shits if i stopped. The more i listen to majestic, the more my mind changes on what it may be about. I know what your thinking fuck a bunch of your music, i have my own music i like. but what if i told you that i think a lot of there songs are about methadone/suboxone and sobriety, written in beautiful music poetry. or at least i think it is.
I know its easy to make a song fit into whats going into your life, and diff people will hear different things within the same words. so...
actually i would like to hear someone elses thoughts on it. i will give a reference to this song(i hope i post the youtube right) but if i do it wrong im hoping ive struck your interest enough to youtube it on your own if i do. But the song is "The doctor will see you now" And im almost positive its about the joy of getting clean after getting off suboxone/methadone. and a warning to go with it. This song I feel is the most blatant with it. and i feel like the guy could do a great stewie impression on family guy.

SO back to the song majestic, i gave reference to the other song just to show that theres a chance i might not be pulling this theory out of my ass. The song is written in some majestic code that just completely blows my mind. im obsessed you say. yes i am. but im not fucked up on dope. win for me. but anyway It doesn't have many words.

Ok so if you've stayed with me this far. At first i just thought it was a cool high thought. about real blind people. But days later i thought well maybe its about how at first when he found suboxone/methadone he couldn't believe how great it was but then found out later that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. But then days later i thought. well what if its about how he was so happy when he found sobriety. and how great he thought it was at first. but then found out he misses his dope so very much. and hed rather dream about being high, than live sober. wow i just blew my own mind. i shouldn't have smoked that pot. well i guess i am fucked up. win for you. and yes as you may have learned from my user name i do have add. cut me some slack guys. but can someone give me some feedback. even if its just to tell me im fuckin crazy. i just realized how much i wrote. i think i am crazy.
chadderall

Re: click if you like to ponder(and have free time)

Postby cheeps » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:15 am

Smoking weed will definitely do this to you!!!

You are NOT crazy.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby amery2u » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:34 am

Haya Chaddy;

I have free time . . too much, at times. I listened to both songs, and see your point- totally. Even tho' I don't smoke weed, I get it. Totally.

I suck at posting YouTube vids; somebody usually has to edit them for me, but I'll try (again) .. here are MY TWO favorites.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/8q182kWAhiM[youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/hglVqACd1C8[youtube]

If they don't work, copy and paste I guess, unless CHEEPS stops by to fix, LoL ~!!

Also, google "songs about addiction" and theFIX website has an awesome array. I love music; it's MY recovery!

Thanks,
Anne :)

ps: if MynameIsDAN or RUNtheMachine stop by this thread, they've got some AWESOME music, as well. I've got a very diversified musical palate!
Sub-Free Since Easter Sunday~ 4/11/2015 . . and still truckin~..~
amery2u

Postby chadderall » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:48 pm

hells yea i got a bite. well im glad you say you can see it too. i knew the first one was about it but the second one had me questioning my sanity.

I just watched your video. yea i did have to copy and paste but it was worth it. awesome song and video. I think I loved the video just as much. ive tried to tie up my box many o times. I havnt looked in my box in 11 days. i threw that bitch off a cliff, along with all my rope so i couldn't climb down to get it. yea i love any song or video that is thought provoking. thinking is my jam
chadderall

Postby runthemachine » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:20 pm

chadderall,

So.. different strokes, right??

Of all the McFarland song inserts (his blatant penchant. LoL), I think The Majestic is my hands-down least favorite. I mean, I 'get' it, & all. I just never liked it. I DID, however, think it was hilarious when the shape-shifter, who was about to do Jeff, put on some 'mood music' (more LoL) and... HA!! That was funny. "Sorry!.. that's.. real popular here."

Hysterical.

.. give me ANYthing Steve. 8-)

"Tractor Boy... got you in my tractor beam.."

Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Postby amery2u » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:28 pm

Damn great post, Run.

Wow.

Awesome, you are.

You too, Chaddy.

A~!
amery2u

Postby chadderall » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:46 am

different strokes indeed. yea after it ended the way it did. i kinda wish jeff woulda got him some of that. or at least see her turned into a pickle with girly parts.
I really didnt like the way it ended, but i reckon that was the point. what i got from it was..
Everyone dies and the ones that live are unhappily ever after. the end k thx bye.

well even with your dislike for the song, do you think its about dope?
chadderall

Postby chadderall » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:51 am

O yea i noticed your thing said jersey n philly. i traveled the us working for lowes for 7 years. they put us up in cherry hill and camden a time or two. quite interesting places there. Then i think once we ended up on Gerard street in philly i think. Well not hotel wise but we ended up there. it didnt take us long to totally regret it tho. A bunch of redneck white boys in matching blue shirts in a suburban. ha what the fuck were we thinking.
chadderall

Postby amery2u » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:50 am

Haya, Chaddy~

I suck at posting videos, but . . . I've been to Camden in the truck with the Hubby. Wow..yuck.

Listen to Tonic !~ If You Could Only See . .

Just another fave of mine. Keep posting here!!

;) Anne

ps: I listened to that, and yeah.. i think it's about dope myself.. thanks, Run!
amery2u

Postby Jqwan420 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Lol I lived 5 min away in neighboring collingswood my entire life until last year....used to spend a lot of time there gettin high...and yea it should just be destroyed and paved over for a Walmart or something
"whats it like to be a shark?" *smack* "Ow!" "Noice.."- 12 oz mouse
Jqwan420

Return to Fun Stuff, Off-Topic, & Supplements