Fast cars....

Football, music, recipes, links to photos...anything and everything you want to talk about. Feel free to read or create a new topic and also to STFU! ANY recommendations for any herbal, man made, or artificial supplements or treatments should be made in the Fun zone so we dont have to piss our money away on garbage!

Fast cars....

Postby AVinLo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Yep, I'm talking about neck jerking, pin you in the seat forced induction power giving you that natural rush. Anyone ever experienced that? I'm partial to turbocharged engines. The 90's era Jspec monsters are what I like.....namely the Toyota MKIV Supra modified to single turbo. Oldie, but a goody! I also like built American V8 monsters also. Anything fast! I once owned a 97 Mitsubishi 3000gt VR4 built to about 475hp dyno'd, but had to sell when my addiction took hold.

The fastest car I've ever had the pleasure of riding in was a modified twin turbo corvette. Holy SHIT that thing was scary! I also had the pleasure of riding in a Lamborghini Diablo....550hp of beauty. Any others out there that have either owned or ridden in insanely fast cars? Nothing like that feeling of torque from a 500+ horsepower beast!

4th gen Toyota Supra:
Last edited by AVinLo on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or even a year, but ,eventually, it WILL subside. And, something else will take it's place. If I quit however....it will last forever!"

Tramadol- 2006 to 2011♢Vicodin to Oxy's- 2011 to 2013♢Suboxone- 2013 to 2014♢Quit 3 mg Suboxone on 8/26/14
AVinLo

Re: Fast cars....

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Yeah baby!

I'm a total car fan buy I've never been lucky enough to own anything CLOSE to the BHP of your Mitsubishi. It sounds mental!!

Lots of the kids over here are into modifying cars. Lots of companies offering various stages of re-map for turbocharged engines.

A number of years ago(20) I had a Renault 19 16v. It was quite nippy at the time and quite light...I put it in and had it tuned...I think it was bored out, plus the catylitic convertor removed and a straight through pipe welded in. By the time they were finished I had another 67Bhp which was a huge increase on the standard which was around 135?

It was like shit off a shovel, great noise as well! I drove it about that night, racing at the lights etc. I was so happy.
2 days later on the way home from work - and after loads more thrashing - the fucking thing seized on the motorway, completely dry of oil lol £3500 engine rebuild but it never felt he same again!

The standard car had a warning sticker on the inside of the windscreen saying something along the lines of: The high performance engine in this car uses a lot of oil, please check it daily...
I think this combined with whatever they had done to make it faster had caused it to FUCKING DRINK the oil.

Best FUN I ever had was a company car I had for a while...it was a boss's car that got passed to me for a short time - Subaru Impreza Turbo Sti...oh my!!

My ex-boss raced Ferraris and I've been in his 430. A few days later he threw the keys at a couple of the guys and let them take it out. Pissed off I missed out on that!!

No man if I won the lottery that would be my pleasure...CARS!! :thumbup:
Last Subutex 14th of July...FINALLY SUBSTANCE FREE! In recovery.
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby AVinLo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:21 pm

I think all guys have commonality with fast cars. I love watching Top Gear on BBC. The U.S. version sucks. No doubt Europe produces higher quality cars. I REALLY want a Toyota Supra, but they're insanely over priced thanks to The Fast & Furious. For the price, I could build up an old fox body Ford Mustang 5.0. Screw superchargers....I'll turbocharge it. I will eventually have another asphalt eating beast.

OMFG...... :shock:
1300hp TT Cobra vs ZR-1 Corvette: http://youtu.be/-CZ1LIc8aos
"Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or even a year, but ,eventually, it WILL subside. And, something else will take it's place. If I quit however....it will last forever!"

Tramadol- 2006 to 2011♢Vicodin to Oxy's- 2011 to 2013♢Suboxone- 2013 to 2014♢Quit 3 mg Suboxone on 8/26/14
AVinLo

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:01 am

Holy-Fuck! I would be DEAD or in JAIL if that was mine :laughpound:

I like this one... You may have seen it, but on the off-chance you haven't:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwYdJ3ZycYI
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby AVinLo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:11 pm

This one's for you olé chap, Rampie! :D

10 sec renault 5 gt (europes fastest renault 5}sc…: http://youtu.be/Z1BPr-OI4-w

AVinLo

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Ha!ha!ha you get me!

That was my dream car when I was 18 19. Just the standard one mind you. I had a Citroen AX GT which was like a little go-cart but the 5 turbo could take me at the lights lol

My daughters boyfriend had a Vauxhall Nova, 1.2 standard. He put a
2.5 Rover engine in it. It was SO light it was like a fucking missile.
Hes a fucking loony as well. I nearly SHAT!
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:28 pm

BMW Z4 from HELL: start up, revs, launch: http://youtu.be/SL-cfmtEj5w
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby runthemachine » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:34 pm

Vinnie.. that freakin' Cobra vid is sick as fuck. What an incredible sound that turbo makes, right??

This was my baby for a couple years. It had been my dream car since I was a wee snapper. Of course, as all good things that have ever been in my life (my awesome family being the exceptions.. thus far), it, too, went by the wayside, courtesy; my addictions.

ANYway, it certainly didn't 'go' like that Cobra.. but it sounded amazing, and I looked cool as FUCK in it (390, bored .03 over, comp cam, headers, 4 speed manual). Ah, the shit I've traded to be numb and stupid...

Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:42 am

runthemachine wrote:Vinnie.. that freakin' Cobra vid is sick as fuck. What an incredible sound that turbo makes, right??

This was my baby for a couple years. It had been my dream car since I was a wee snapper. Of course, as all good things that have ever been in my life (my awesome family being the exceptions.. thus far), it, too, went by the wayside, courtesy; my addictions.

ANYway, it certainly didn't 'go' like that Cobra.. but it sounded amazing, and I looked cool as FUCK in it (390, bored .03 over, comp cam, headers, 4 speed manual). Ah, the shit I've traded to be numb and stupid...

Fucking shame man... :cry:
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby runthemachine » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:42 pm

RamptonNugget-Beast wrote: Fucking shame man... :cry:

... right?? :cry: :cry: :cry: indeed.
Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Postby Justjules13 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:15 pm

Don't worry...the name says it all...he'll be running a bad ass machine again!
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby AVinLo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:33 pm

runthemachine wrote:Vinnie.. that freakin' Cobra vid is sick as fuck. What an incredible sound that turbo makes, right??

BADASS car man! I used to go car meets all the time back in the day and I appreciate ALL fast cars. I used to travel around and race autocross on the weekends. Of course all this before I became "numb and dumb" as well. Numb and dumb...lol...I like that. So, true!

Rampie, that Bimmer is a mean little bastard...lol. My step dad has an older Z4 for a weekend car. It's fun to drive and nimble.

AVinLo

Return to Fun Stuff, Off-Topic, & Supplements