Coffee's ramblings....

Football, music, recipes, links to photos...anything and everything you want to talk about. Feel free to read or create a new topic and also to STFU! ANY recommendations for any herbal, man made, or artificial supplements or treatments should be made in the Fun zone so we dont have to piss our money away on garbage!

Coffee's ramblings....

Postby Coffeebean » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:03 am

Okay, a place for my random thoughts and general wtf stuff. Perhaps I'll learn something. My first question is this: Can anyone explain to me why it's mandatory that all marriage license applications are posted in the local newspaper? I've always been a private person, and I just don't think it's anyone's business what I'm doing. Yet, I was informed that the only way they don't publish it is if you're a cop, or if you have a protection order against someone. What really crowned it off for me, was when I was told that they don't just publish your full names, but also your full address, as well. I honestly don't think it's anyone's business where I live. So... does anyone know why they do this? Or is it just where I live that they do this? Am I looking at it all wrong? Perhaps I need a different perspective? :shrug:
Coffeebean

Re: Coffee's ramblings....

Postby mano » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Wow...No, they do not do that here in upstate NY, and i never heard of it. Here they have the announcement page of course, but it is with paid ads, for engagements, weddings, and anniversaries. And those don't even list addresses. They usually just list the town they are living in.

Reason to elope maybe!!
mano
Local Fixture

Postby cheeps » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:27 am

It's a legal public record and a part of some states laws to publish....but the address part is bullshit.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby RamptonNugget-Beast » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:06 am

That's awful! A real invasion of privacy.

Also, any serial killer with a penchant for newlyweds has a weekly invite - directions included.
I would just live in sin for fear of getting my sinuses munched with a nice Pavarotti :o
Last Subutex 14th of July...FINALLY SUBSTANCE FREE! In recovery.
RamptonNugget-Beast

Postby Coffeebean » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Well, it was in yesterday's paper. They spelled my almost husband's last name wrong, which is okay. I'm not afraid of anyone showing up at my house, really. I'm more concerned about what would happen to someone if they did, on account of my almost husband being a retired soldier with ptsd. I guess we'll see what happens. On the positive side, we're getting married on August 22. The mayor is going to marry us. No fancy wedding. We're going to save our money on that, and going to go to Germany. I can't wait to go, either, even though it may be a little while till we can go. They have the best candy ever! It's expensive for me to buy it online. It's the shipping that costs so much. So I'm going to fill a bag and bring it back. The candy is called Nimm2 soft sauers. They're like little taffy balls, filled with gel. They're so good. The difference in that candy, is its filled with vitamins! I ate maybe 10 one day, and I was WIRED. It was fantastic! So, that's my goal. Get married, go to Germany, get candy. :banana: maybe if yinz are nice, I'll share :D
Coffeebean

Return to Fun Stuff, Off-Topic, & Supplements