I'm obsessed with ya lit

Football, music, recipes, links to photos...anything and everything you want to talk about. Feel free to read or create a new topic and also to STFU! ANY recommendations for any herbal, man made, or artificial supplements or treatments should be made in the Fun zone so we dont have to piss our money away on garbage!

I'm obsessed with ya lit

Postby substandardteach » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:48 pm

Yeah so I live me some carefree teenage fiction. Yes, I may be a 34 year old female but I can't seem to get enough. I just started the partials. .. Thanks to Dan the man. And based on my reading speed will need something new in about 1-2 weeks (all depends on for long heading finals takes). Here's what I've read over the last year. Any other suggestions are welcome:

Hunger games trilogy, divergent trilogy, legend, delirium, the one, alerted, gone girl, sharp objects and others that I can't remember now. ..

I love suggestions. Need to keep busy after school. .. my worst toughest time. :crazy:
Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you started.
substandardteach

Re: I'm obsessed with ya lit

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:19 pm

How do you like The Partials so far? What would you recommend for me to read next, keeping in mind we seem to have the same taste. Though, I prefer the term young adult over carefree teenage fiction :lol:
Sub free since 10-20-2012
mynameisDAN82

Postby substandardteach » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:25 pm

If you liked divergent, I think you'll like Legend. .. it's a trilogy dystopia. Para military rule on the west coast. Told from alternating narrative perspectives. June, a military prodigy at the top of her class. And Day, a street con kid on the number one most wanted list. It's gritty and real. The author. .. Marie lu I believe does a nice job with both characters and their dialects and idiosyncrasies. I loved that one more than divergent.

I love partials so far. Only in chapter 6 cuz I've been doing school work tonight. But right at the part after the building gets bombed on the salvage run. I'll keep you posted. It seems I've found my reading counter part. .. doppleganger perhaps. Dan, your the man! Big kiss on the cheek to you!
:kiss:
Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you started.
substandardteach

Postby substandardteach » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Oh and Dan. .. how did you donate? I tried but was bounced back to the site. .. I would like to do that for our web master.
substandardteach

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Great I'll check out Legend for sure, thanks!

Oohh it gets so good and moves so fast. I read the series in about 2 weeks, so It's all really fresh in my memory! I liked it better than divergent, for sure. Divergent was good but I think a bit overrated.

I just donated, no secret behind my gratuity lol. I think the link is screwed up though, has been for quite some time.
Sub free since 10-20-2012
mynameisDAN82

Postby substandardteach » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Ok Dan the man - finally finished the partials and already started the next in the sequence. I was impressed and loved it. There definitely was some shit I saw coming and some stuff that came out of left field. A nice balance of the two is awesome. Looking forward to reading #2. Thanks for the recommendation. :D what were your thoughts predictions after reading? Just curious. Hope you're well. I look forward to your caustic wit . Lol
substandardteach

Return to Fun Stuff, Off-Topic, & Supplements