Electronic Cigarette? Any Experiences?

Football, music, recipes, links to photos...anything and everything you want to talk about. Feel free to read or create a new topic and also to STFU! ANY recommendations for any herbal, man made, or artificial supplements or treatments should be made in the Fun zone so we dont have to piss our money away on garbage!

Re: Electronic Cigarette? Any Experiences?

Postby Justjules13 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:53 pm

If you can quit benzos you can quit tobacco.
I just take 2-3 hits off my ecig and the urge to smoke goes away. I think you get 500-600 puffs per disposable cigarette. I bought a couple last time I was in the states and they cost about 10 bucks each at a smoke shop. I've never had the "juice" leak out. The shop a block away sells the expensive kind with the button...over 80 euro each! (100 dollars)
Yea...I've seen that show on utube. There was a woman who huffed gas constantly and one who did moth balls, and some nut job who drank her own pee. People are strange.....
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby StuckOnSub » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:06 pm

So I ended up buying an e-cig today. I found some at a real good price at a local shop. So now I am just about out of regular cigs and will not be buying any more.
It does not have any silicon in the wick (I made sure lol).

What really kind of sold me was the different strength e-liquids. I got a bottle of 12mg I believe. I'm going to go back and pick up a bottle of each strength (not the higher strength ones, since they had strengths of 14,16,18,20, 24+ mg).
Just the lower strength ones - like a bottle of 6mg.
Then they also had bottles with Zero nicotine at all. So I'll get a bottle of the 6mg and a bottle of the 0 mg for when I quit completely. Like I said, that is kind of what sold me - the zero nicotine liquid. I figure that should be very helpful for breaking that smoking habit completely.

I'll let you know how it goes! Either way I am definitely not buying any more cigarettes. Just a bottle or 2 of the e-liquid and then after that I am done...
Been on (and off) sub for just over 10 years. Clean as of August 10th 2014
Was on benzos for about 10 years. Went off cold turkey on Aug. 21st 2013.
Also, been clean from H (& other drugs) just over 3 years.

Everything I say on this site is just my opinion. I am no expert by any means (and I definitely don't mean to come off that way).
StuckOnSub

Postby Terrarist » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:55 am

I've been vaping for close to 4 years now and I can tell you that quitting cigs was by far one of the smartest things I did. A lot of folks will bash e-cigs or will read some crazy FALSE article talking about dangerous chemicals in the e-cig liquid, but I'm here to tell you THEY WORK.

I'm currently building my own coils for my RDA atomizers, which is really for more advanced users, but for a beginner, there are a lot of good starter kits out there. I would check out your local smoke shops to see if they carry e-cigs and their accessories or you can just order online.

I WOULDNT RECOMMEND starting on the smaller e-cigs that resemble actual cigarettes. Instead, you should pick up an eGo style battery, tank atomizer, battery charger, and e-liquid/e-juice. You want to make sure you're purchasing liquid from a reputable dealer so it's fresh, and always try to start at a lower nicotine level (6mg, 8mg).

If the OP or ANYONE else is truly interested in trying out an e-cig, shoot me a message and I can get you a more detailed list of all the items you need as well as a good website to get it all from.

EDIT: I also want to note that when you first start vaping your throat may get slightly irritated and you may cough when first hitting it. Don't let this discourage you from switching to vaping though! It only lasts the first couple days. Your lungs have to get used to the vapor rather than cancer smoke :)
Yo, Ho, Yo, Ho, a Pirate's life for me.
Terrarist

Postby StuckOnSub » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:37 am

What type of material are you using to make your atomizers? That was one of my big issues with e-cigs. The first one I had (cigarette style) had those wicks made of a mix of metal & silicon and I once I found that out I stopped using them. That silicosis scares me...
I just bought one of those push button style e-cigs and it works way better. (It's a smoov REV with an EVOD BCC. So far I really like it, but I'm trying to only use it occasionally because I don't buy that stuff about e1cigs being "safe". They MAY be safer than regular cigs, time will tell. But I find it hard to believe that inhaling any type of smoke can be "safe". (not looking to start any type of debate on this though...lol that is just my opinion))

Also, the e-liquid I have is American Tobacco. Ever had it? Send me a PM with that link to order from whatever that place is online that you use. I'd also be interested in your atomizers depending on the material you use to make them. I worry that some of the cheaper metals used to make the wicks might possibly be putting off some bad things...
Been on (and off) sub for just over 10 years. Clean as of August 10th 2014
Was on benzos for about 10 years. Went off cold turkey on Aug. 21st 2013.
Also, been clean from H (& other drugs) just over 3 years.

Everything I say on this site is just my opinion. I am no expert by any means (and I definitely don't mean to come off that way).
StuckOnSub

Postby Justjules13 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Ecigs are vapor...not smoke. The tar in smoke is what kills you, not the nicotine. Nicotine is pretty harmless unless you have heart problums.
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby nootlsjr » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:51 am

I think jules had a good point. if you urinate in some bleach, and inhale the vapors you wont want a ciggy anymore. I wouldn't recommend it though.
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr

Postby mano » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:17 am

A buddy of mine quit smoking the same time as me...nearly a year ago...he went the e-ciggs route and i used the patch and quit. I just saw him and he was bitching saying the e-cigs are just as bad of a habit, and complaining about the cost of it. I don't know....They don't make sense to me. If you are going to quit, quit. Sure they are healthier than smoking, but you still have that smoking habit and are probably much more likely to relapse because you still have the habit, even though some of the bad things are gone. :shrug:
mano
Local Fixture

Postby AVinLo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:13 pm

I have an e-cig. I've used the "blu" cheap use'n'toss kind starting out. I quit smoking in 2004 for 5 years and started back in 2009. The trigger? I smoked a bowl of weed one night and next day had MASSIVE craving for a cigarette. After 5 years, I may only get a craving 2-3 times a year. Anyways, I caved, bought a pack and was off smoking again. :banghead:

Anyways, a few months ago I bought a "Buck Naked" brand, "express" model e-cig for $20. Come with atomizer, battery and USB charger. I buy 18 mg e-juice. Since I can smoke indoors with it, I tend to suck on the thing all the time. My only complaint with mine is shortly after charging the battery voltage starts dropping and I have to suck like crazy to get a good throat hit.

I'm now interested in investing in a better e-cig. One that is variable voltage which I read has better control over the amount of e-liquid that gets vaporized. Any recommendations on a decent brand that's mid to upper range in price? The one I have is a cheapy....we pay for the quality we get. :popcorn:
"Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or even a year, but ,eventually, it WILL subside. And, something else will take it's place. If I quit however....it will last forever!"

Tramadol- 2006 to 2011♢Vicodin to Oxy's- 2011 to 2013♢Suboxone- 2013 to 2014♢Quit 3 mg Suboxone on 8/26/14
AVinLo

Previous

Return to Fun Stuff, Off-Topic, & Supplements