Electronic Cigarette? Any Experiences?

Football, music, recipes, links to photos...anything and everything you want to talk about. Feel free to read or create a new topic and also to STFU! ANY recommendations for any herbal, man made, or artificial supplements or treatments should be made in the Fun zone so we dont have to piss our money away on garbage!

Electronic Cigarette? Any Experiences?

Postby AddictAJ » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Hey Guys-

Sooooo...AJ needs to quit smoking. There are a number of obvious reasons but I'm also planning on getting knocked up again within the next 6-12 months. I was a selfish idiot throughout my first pregnancy & by the Grace of God, my little guy is perfect. However, I don't plan on testing 'fate' on this next go-round.

I started doing some research on those electronic cigs - I know not everyone uses them to quit but my mom & my hubby both know people who were able to wean down on the amount of nicotine & eventually quit (kinda like the gum or lozenges which are so nasty...if a smoker thinks something's gross, it's gross!). The other major bonus is that I won't stink like cigs - im psycho about using listerene & sanitizer after I smoke but I know the smell is still on me. There's also no second hand smoke which is important to me.

I'm more than likely gonna try this out after my current carton is gone...I was just wondering if anyone here has (or know someone who has) used the e-cig & what your thoughts were!

Ok, kiddies...discuss amongst yourselves...

AJ
"The past is a ghost, the future a dream, and all we ever have is now. Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby

Sub-Free February 1, 2012
AddictAJ

Re: Electronic Cigarette? Any Experiences?

Postby Justjules13 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:50 pm

I researched e-cigs when I quit a while back(I stoped for over a month but started back up:(
I never personally tried them, but liked the idea of different "flavors". I found lots of reviews on utube and the Internet. I ended up useing the gum and it works really well for me...kicks out the craving and I quit for over 12 yrs by useing the gum. The e-cigs where not as expensive as I thought they might be...I guess any of the things used to help quit(gum,patches and e-smokes) are better than smoking..
Jules
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:34 am

I was wondering about those E-ciggs.

Could I get sneaky with it?

Like put a little pinch of dank in there and get some vape hits on the sly?
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby AddictAJ » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Lol 12-er!!

From what I gather they are pre-filled cartridges.

Honestly the biggest bonus for me will be not stinking like an ashtray - I really hate it.
"The past is a ghost, the future a dream, and all we ever have is now. Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby

AddictAJ

Postby subster58 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi AJ, I've used the E cigs before and all they have in them is nicotine, not the other 400 chemicals. I use them when the kids are around. to me they are not as satifying as the real thing, but you may find you like them.
I get them at the 7=11, menthol or regular, and you have to buy the charger that hooks into your computer.
Let me know what you think if you decide to try it. They had a great article in the news stating it saves 400,000 lives a year. I also need to use them only, but doing one thing at a time, 1st subs, then cigs.
Good luck
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Justjules13 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Check out the utube clips about E-cigs. You can even make your own "e-juice".....(intentional joke set up!lol) Most are glycerin based and have varied strengths of nicotine. It looks like you fill them with a little bottle of flavored "juice" or they have pre filled cartridges like you said. I suppose you could mix a little hash oil into some glycerine and go to town!!!
Let me know if you try them AJ...I think someone told me even Costco was selling them now. I like the idea of smelling like coconut or chocolate instead of a rank ashtray. When my sense of smell came back during sub detox, I had to brush my teeth and wash my hands after every smoke....gad, it stunk!!
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby Sub zero » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Get yourself a can of Copenhagen and put it between your cheek and gum with a pinch of baking soda added in...that'll give ya a big ol boner real quick 8-) Ooops...that's only if you're a guy...and the Op isn't :oops:
Methadone free since 8/15/2010...Sub free since 9/28/10...Alcohol free since 10/4/16
Sub zero

Postby gillabug » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:58 pm

I just saw this! I LOVE my e-cig.. I quit smoking a year ago using one.. It took a while and for the first month I smoked real cigarettes and used the e-cig at night around hubby.. I ran out of cigs and just didn;t go buy anymore.. It had got to where I actually preferred my e-cig over real cigarettes..

My favorite liquid is coffee flavored. Some of the regular flavors can taste nasty.. I love being able to just go in a public restroom and whip out my e-cig and take a few puffs and get my nicotine fix..lol No more going outside in the cold or heat just to smoke! My car, house and clothes smell SOO much better! :)
Never make anyone a priority when all you are to them is an option...

sub free 6-2011
Oxy free 12-2011
gillabug
Global Moderator

Postby Justjules13 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:33 am

I want one! What "brand" do you have, Bug? I've heard that the heating elements can burn out on some brands. I stopped smoking AGAIN yesterday...I hate the smell too, but like the ritual of smoking. I think it would be fun to try the different flavors...coconut, mint and coffee sound yummy!
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby gillabug » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:44 am

I started out with the smaller ones.. where the cartridges were already filled.. I smoked 2 packs of Marlboro reds a day, so this just didn't cut it for me.. The battery didn't last long enough.. So I went up to the new Elite 808.. LOVE it! You can order all kinds of flavors..

http://www.cigeasy.com/category_s/2.htm

Scroll all the way to the bottom.. It's on sale too! lol
Never make anyone a priority when all you are to them is an option...

sub free 6-2011
Oxy free 12-2011
gillabug
Global Moderator

Postby AddictAJ » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks gilla!

I bought a disposable at the gas station to try before I ordered a kit online & I hated it! I think it's the taste - & I know that if you buy online there are better tasting & flavored ones which I'm sure taste good. I'm gonna give one of the ones I found online (it had really good user reviews) & hope that when my 'starter kit' gets here & I run out of regular cigs that I'll be able to just use the e-cig. The plan is to drop in the amount of nicotine in the cartridges each time I run out & quit. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Jules, wanna do this with me?? I could use someone to be accountable to!

AJ

AddictAJ

Postby Justjules13 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi AJ,
I'm on day two without a cig...or even nicotine gum. I smoke about a half pack of Marlboro reds a day and it's fairly easy for me to stop. I quit for 12 yrs but when I moved here and everyone smoked...well, you know....when in Rome! I quit for about a month a couple months ago...
So...DAY 2...smoke free..lol(wish the opies where this easy!)
J
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby marrythomas » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:46 am

I use electronic cigarettes and I think this is the best alternative if anybody wants to quit habit of normal tobacco smoking. Electronic cigarettes don’t harm your health because it has e-liquid which comes in different flavors. Nicotine strength can be reduced by combining e-liquid. An electronic cigarette gives you the same feeling of normal smoking, so start using this device it is really beneficial.
marrythomas

Postby Aubrey » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Yes it worked for me i friend suggested me to have that for getting rid of the habit of smoking,In the starting i found it a little hard but after a while and getting used to it,This thing really worked for me and now i am no more a smoker.
www.emrnews.com
Aubrey

Postby Exciting » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:33 am

subster58 wrote:Hi AJ, I've used the E cigs before and all they have in them is nicotine, not the other 400 chemicals. I use them when the kids are around. to me they are not as satifying as the real thing, but you may find you like them.
I get them at the 7=11, menthol or regular, and you have to buy the charger that hooks into your computer.
Let me know what you think if you decide to try it. They had a great article in the news stating it saves 400,000 lives a year. I also need to use them only, but doing one thing at a time, 1st subs, then cigs.
Good luck
Tia

Hello subster58, I have some research about attraction. I need to get promotion about my material because our community is now in risk. We should secure habit from our community. First of all we can try e smoke because it is reliable and safe. I have two operating venture about e smoke promotion. Wish this will enhance our present place.
Exciting

Postby StuckOnSub » Sat May 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Honestly, I still wonder just how "safe" those e-cigs are... If they work to help you quit smoking completely (regular cigs and e-cigs too), then I say it's worth it. But I would be a bit scared to switch over to e-cigs exclusively.

I feel like everyone smoking those e-cigs are basically guinea pigs. There hasn't been any real long term scientific research done, that I have seen anyway. Not from any type of reliable source anyway...

What scares me about them are the wicks used to burn the liquid. Many of them are made from questionable material, as far as safety goes.
Like, many of them are made with types of silicon in the wick - inhaling silica particles into the lungs can cause very severe lung disease, like silicosis for example.
Others are made from questionable metals and other substances that when heated, produce toxic vapors and who knows what else...
Also another thing that concerns me is inhaling that liquid into the lungs. That and sucking on those wicks that burn the liquid, and whatever vapors or particles they release. From my experience, at least with the cheaper e-cigs without the push button (the ones you just puff on to heat the wick), you end up getting the nicotine liquid into your mouth, and probably into your lungs too. (not talking about the vapor/smoke. I mean the actual liquid).
And then there's the fact that you are handling pure nicotine liquids. Which are very poisonous, especially to children. I have read about children and animals being poisoned by the e-liquids already. (not that the same thing can't happen from regular cigs too, if someone ate them).

Plus, aren't a lot of those e-cigs and the liquids made in china? With like no regulations...?

I am not saying that they are definitely bad. Just that I personally want to see some actual scientific tests done on their safety before I believe it myself.
I am kind of just waiting to hear about some new strange health hazard or some type of lung disease being found in the people who use these e-cigarettes...

I was already a damn guinea pig for subs, and look how well that turned out... Not looking to do it again.

If anyone has some credible studies on the e-cigs, I would definitely be interested in reading it.
They are definitely an interesting idea. I just don't buy that they are all that safe.
Been on (and off) sub for just over 10 years. Clean as of August 10th 2014
Was on benzos for about 10 years. Went off cold turkey on Aug. 21st 2013.
Also, been clean from H (& other drugs) just over 3 years.

Everything I say on this site is just my opinion. I am no expert by any means (and I definitely don't mean to come off that way).
StuckOnSub

Postby Justjules13 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:18 am

Well...smoking is proven to give you cancer...
If ecigs get you off smoking, I can only see it as a good thing.
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby StuckOnSub » Mon May 12, 2014 3:24 pm

I agree Jules. Like I said in my last post, if they are used to quit smoking I think it is a good thing.
But, if you are just substituting e-cigs for real cigs, then I don't know. For me personally anyway.
Like I said, I just don't want to be another experiment. Time will tell if those e-cigs are actually "safe".

I just haven't made my mind up on them yet. If I were to get one, I would have to make sure that the heating element to burn the liquid was made from a proven safe material - no cheap metals or silicon.
Like, maybe the ceramic heating elements...?

Everything I say on this site is just my opinion. I am no expert by any means (and I definitely don't mean to come off that way).
StuckOnSub

Postby Justjules13 » Mon May 12, 2014 4:09 pm

I just buy the throw away ones from the tobacco store...they last me a couple months. It was much easier for me to quit using tabac, useing ecigs than the gum or patches. If I get the urge to smoke I just take a hit off my ecig and it goes away.
But admittedly it's better not to smoke or use ecigs.
We just had a whole ecig store open up a block from us. It's getting to be real popular here in Europe.
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby StuckOnSub » Mon May 12, 2014 5:19 pm

Yeah there are white a few of those e-cig stores around me too. They are kind of like those hookah shops, where you can sit and smoke all the different flavors and stuff. Except now they are changing the state laws to ban the smoking of e-cigs anywhere indoors now too, just like regular cigs here.
I am still working on quitting. I've cut way down. I have like 3 packs of cigs left and plan on quitting once they are gone.

I actually have an e-cig. I bought it when they first came out. It was over $100 at the time. Now I see similar ones sold much cheaper at the gas stations. Probably like the ones you buy.
It works pretty good, but I was constantly sucking that liquid stuff into my mouth, which is just nasty. I don't know if the wick isn't working right anymore or what. It came with a lifetime guarantee, but the place I bought it isn't there any more. So I don't know how I'd exchange it...

The other thing I didn't like was that smoking the e-cig seemed to make my throat & chest feel very dried out. Does that happen to you as well?

Have you seen those newer ones they sell? They have this push button on them. You have to push it in order to get any smoke. They are much larger than the other style.
I keep thinking of getting one, but again I am just scared about how safe they are. And I know myself, I'm sure I would use it constantly... I have that addictive personality. Unless I got one that told me how many puffs I took (they have some with these digital displays that tell you when you've Aiken enough drags to equal a regular cig & can even stop you from taking too many drags). Otherwise I fear that I'd end up smoking the equivalent of 2-3+ cigs at a time, because I wouldn't know when to set it down...

I've done some research on them. It seems like if you get one with a ceramic heating element it takes away those other dangers I mentioned - like inhaling those silicon particles or vapors from burning metal wicks (which can be pretty toxic I guess).
I have a volcano vape. It has a titanium heating element in it. I guess that it's pretty safe because titanium doesn't start to produce any type of vapor until like 600 degrees or even higher. And they use a really high quality titanium too. I wonder if I could vape tobacco...? lol

Honestly I just want to quit tobacco completely. I know it's just a matter of setting my mind to it and saying I will Never smoke again. But easier said than done... Just goes to show how strong mental addiction can be! (I mean I know nicotine is ultra addictive, but I think a lot of my problem is just breaking that damn mental habit of smoking).
Boredom is a killer!
Which reminds me - have you ever seen that show My Strange Addiction? I think that's the name of the show. It's all about all thes different people with strange addictions to all sorts of weird stuff. Like 1 girl was sniffing talc powder all day every day. The part that interests me is the w/d that they can experience when quitting. And it's totally from their minds. It's crazy just how many physical w/d symptoms can be created by the mind!

StuckOnSub

Next

Return to Fun Stuff, Off-Topic, & Supplements