Scared to Death!

Old site died, wasn't salvageable, here's a maintained phpBB3 forum. Post about it here.

Re: Scared to Death!

Postby subster58 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:30 am

Hi M, take immodium for the creepy crawles, or heebie jeebies, like a buzzing feeling inside. can you cut the 8mg strip into 4 pieces and take 2mg a day?? I know how bad you want it over. your young and won't have as bad of time like us ole chicks. lol
hang tough.
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby ItsintheMail » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Holy Shit! I have been sub free for 5 days at this point. Loperamide is a fucking miracle drug! I can not believe it actually works! It killed my horrible RLS not even 2-3 hours after I took it. I have to say (knock on solid particle board) that this has been a breeze so far. Seroquil/trazedone for sleep, and tons of water...Im pissing like a racehorse every twenty minutes, but over all, I am getting out of this rather mild. I keep waiting for the w/d's to really kick in...-yet they havent yet. Hope it stays that way. On the road to recovery!!
ItsintheMail

Postby ItsintheMail » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Epsom salt baths have helped alot too. I have found that not only do I have restless legs...but restless arms too! wtf? lol ache like a summbeotch.
ItsintheMail

Postby AddictAJ » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey there, good to hear from ya & thanks for the update. I thought I was the only one who got restless arms...omg it was horrible. I have a little one & there were nights when he'd be up for a middle of the night bottle & I had to try & relax my body while holding his bottle so he'd go back to sleep...With restless arm syndrome from HELL! I'm with you on the immodium too...just be careful with how much/how often you take it because while it was a serious lifesaver for me (I HAD to be able to function to take care of my little monster) I know that it prolonged my physical WD. I honestly don't know what I would have done without it but I did have to taper it...it was so easy though compared to the sub detox I'd just gone through! Just sharing my experience on that subject :D

I've noticed a pattern with those of you who've recently jumped...seems like everyone posts around day 5 and are feeling pretty good. Then y'all start to feel like hammered shit around day 8...and that's when the 'consistent' rollercoaster of good days & bad days. I'm so not trying to rain on your parade; you deserve major props for how far you've come! Just look at the title of your thread for cryin out loud! You're a trooper & I know you're gonna kick this shit...just something I've caught on to & thought I'd make you aware so you aren't caught off guard if you start feeling worse. I really hope you don't, though!

You're in a critical stage right now...stay close to SS & keep posting through your detox. Even if you aren't making sense because your brain feels like mush, we have all been there (some ARE there) & we understand. That to me is the most precious thing about this site & I sure wish I'd found it sooner.

Good luck to you, ItsInTheMail! Keep us updated on your progress, I'm cheering you on!

AJ
"The past is a ghost, the future a dream, and all we ever have is now. Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby

Sub-Free February 1, 2012
AddictAJ

Postby Justjules13 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:04 am

I can't agree more with AJ. I know your optimistic and that's great!! But BE PREPARED for feeling worse. Days 8-13 can be a bitch....just be on your toes and congrats on your jump!!
J
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby opidont » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:08 am

Yah man. Your jump sounds like mine. I never got it bad. I just felt kind of bad for a long time. It was totally manageable for me, but just an endurance run..ya know. Just stick in there man..the days will turn to weeks will turn to months then years.
opidont

Postby mimiluv » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:59 pm

I am posting because I am sick of seeing Opi's name.. lol..
Angela
Sub Free 8/26/09 :boobshake:
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby runthemachine » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:45 pm

Sometimes, it's just awesome to see your name all the way down the board.
Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Previous

Return to New Site!